East South Central Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee

Corvette C6 Destroyed by NC Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:03 PM

Corvette C6 Destroyed by NC Tuner

I had to share this so others can BEWARE of this tuner... i couldnt believe it when i read it myself...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1924211
Old 01-26-2008, 10:20 PM

could not get your link to work.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1924211
Old 01-27-2008, 10:30 AM

What a shame - and a sham! Jeff used to be a good dude. He tuned my car and I have sent several people his way over the years. He knows what he is doing when it comes to tuning EFI cars, but that doesn't mean he's an ethical business person.

I have to say that toward the end of last year (actually around the same time period in November as the Vette incident) I tried to recover some parts of mine that he had at his facility. I thought we were on good terms, but it was next to impossible to get them back from him. It's a 4 hour drive oneway for me to get to his shop, so I asked him to ship them to me. I offered to pay for an employee's time and whatever packing material necessary + the shipping charges to send the parts to me (although there shouldn't have been much packing involved considering everything was in the original packages). It would have been cheaper than an 8 hour round trip. I even offered to have a UPS call tag sent out to have them picked up. He wouldn't return my phone calls or emails. I finally got an email from him saying he didn't have time to mess with it, that he had a big dyno day coming up that Saturday. Perfect! I showed up unannounced. He acted as if he didn't know me (not likely) and ignored me. So I located my parts and with the help of my wife loaded them in my truck and left.

I have no intentions of ever doing business with Jeff Creech or Carolina Auto Masters again and, especially after hearing this, will recommend the same to everyone I can. If I was the guy with the Vette I would do everything in my power to own that shop and bankrupt Mr. Creech before I was done with him. JMO

Btw, I have been self employed for over 30 years and know a little about customer service and making things right when necessary. Jeff needs to make things right.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:05 PM

Raptor, if you read down through there you wil find out the business "CAM" Has not even exsisted since 2004.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Angelis83LT
Raptor, if you read down through there you wil find out the business "CAM" Has not even exsisted since 2004.
I guess my trip to C.A.M. in the fall must have all been a bad dream then. Including, but not limited to, the sign on the old Chevy dealership that serves as C.A.M.'s shop facility that says "CAROLINA AUTO MASTERS", the 20+ Mopar trucks that attended the dyno day the day I was there, the food they were cooking and eating and a shop full of people and vehicles in various stages of modifications and/or service. (Didn't happen to see the red Vette though. But I didn't look around much: It was a stop and go trip.)

The decal that used to be on the back window of my car that Jeff sent me circa 2005 that reads "Tuned For Maximum Performance By CAROLINA AUTO MASTERS" must be too.

And apparently so is their website, which was last copyright updated in 2007...

http://www.carolinaautomasters.com/

Don't know where you saw that C.A.M. was no longer in existence after 2004, but it was either bogus info or a typo
-------------------------------------

I just read almost the entire thread - whew! I found the one post that I believe you are talking about, but it does not add up to what you think. Jeff dissolved his partnership with Mike Ellis in 2003, which also dissolved the corporation as it existed at the time. Jeff then formed another corp. on his own under a different corporate name. However, the business still operates under the name Carolina Auto Masters. To be honest, I do not think that is legal. Under corporate law an entity has to divulge to the public that they are a corporation and what the name of that corporation is. In my eyes he is not doing that. He is using a name other than what his corporation name is to present and promote his business to the public. Even if it is not illegal, IMO it is not very ethical.

Last edited by Raptor1; 01-27-2008 at 02:44 PM. Reason: update
Old 01-27-2008, 04:49 PM

Like i said. C.A.M. no longer exsists. he is using the reputation that that business had in order to bring in customers and such... That is not really legal at all. Could you imagine what would happen if businesses were able to put up any sign they wanted to and represent that that was thier business name and such... it would not be good. One of the reasons it would not be good is because it is extremely hard to actually sue a place that does not exsist.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:59 PM
S.E. Region Moderator

Having this posted in one forum here is enough.

http://cz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575289

Jeff Creech's reply:

I really don't know where to begin on this, I did offer to make everything right, and my offer was unacceptable to her.

This is the greatest nightmare of everyone involved, the shop owner, the car owner, everyone. My mailbox is full of hate mail from CF members, and I understand that. My side of the story is that I tried to make everything right, and Melissa chose to go through her insurance company and take me out of the picture of being a part of the solution.

My offer to Melissa, which was declined, was that she take the approximately $40k settlement for the vehicle from my insurance company, and release the vehicle to me so that I could remove the modifications to the car and those that were salvagable could be reinstalled by us on another car, those that were not I could repair or replace to as new condition. If she had cooperated this could have all had a better ending.

Instead she demanded that she file with her insurance company (I've never heard how much they offered) and that NO parts be reused, and that she choose another shop to do all the work and some of the parts (like the sound system for example) be upgraded at the same time. Carolina Auto Masters would pay for all parts and labor. I'm just not going to pay another shop to do the work on the car, and provide all new parts when the original car had much that was reusable.

When we were in constant contact in December, Melissa assured me that her insurance company had not evaluated the car, while in fact, she had already released the car to them and it had been moved somewhere else. I have not spoken with Melissa since that time. I would have to assume that the car has long since been sold as salvage and the reusable parts gone with it.

If the car is still impounded somewhere, I'd still be more than happy to take the parts off it, transfer those to a car that Melissa provides (from the settlement from her insurance company) that are in reuseable condition, repair or replace those that are not and make everything right. But Melissa chose another route, and that was her choice. I'd hoped her insurance company would settle for enough money for her build the car back just like it was. I assume that didn't happen, but have no way to know. Melissa has not contacted me since saying she would let me know when her insurance company got in touch with her, so I've been given no chances since my last offer to do anything more for her.

From the mail I've recieved she has gotten way more than the value of the vehicle and modifications out of CAM already via lost business. And that total will continue to grow, and her nightmare and my nightmare will continue with neither of us finding a way to wake up and it all just be a bad dream.

I've been sick about what happened, I hate that it happened, and I really hoped that my offer to make everything right had been accepted by Melissa.

I do wish her the best of luck dealing with her insurance company,
-jeff