Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Pressure Plate struggle

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:25 AM

Pressure Plate struggle

Questions: Does anyone have a picture or can take a picture of the pressure plate/fork setup with everythng bolted up to the engine of course looking into the clutch fork opening. . I'm looking to see the normal location of the throwout bearing with reference to the input shaft.

My problem: My throwout bearing is too far from the transmission and consversely too close to the engine, for the clutch fork to engage. The clutch fork is going between the TOB and the transmission face rather thann over the TOB.

I've got everything out now and it all looks good. Clutch is the Valeo Kit, fork is the original fork, spring is good meaning the fork does latch into place, the fork mount is good and the fork is good. The transmission and bellhousing are completely pulled up tight where they should be. I just called the place where I got the clutch kit and he verified I have the right one.

Not reading of anyone else having this problem. Last time I replaced the clutch everything with in with no problem.

At this point I'm going to put everything back together and just try to hold my mouth right but I'd sure like to see a picture of everything in place if possible.

I need a clear bellhousing.