Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Clutch and transmission install

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 12:20 PM

Re: Clutch and transmission install

I have the jack and wood under b.h with the same force or lift your talking bout, today is bout mid nineties so not gonna do anything today lol I'm gonna see if I can get somebody to help its a pia all by yourself doing this wiggling and squirming under neath trying to do three things at once. Ok so ill take off b.h and loosen p.p and put in the tool and tighten up,maybe I screwed the alignment up??? Thank you again
Old 10-15-2016, 11:25 AM

P.m everyone. Ok now need to get this back in, for weeks was in a cast hand was crushed by a gate valve. Damn that hurt lol. Finally done with my rehab still stiff and sore in my hand but I can hold tools and have good use now. I still have the problem it goes in but not all the way.i did re-do the clutch and p.p and it does feel better with the tool as of fitting. I had the engine and trans at different angles and no luck. It's getting to the point just wanna throw this off a cliff. Any other ways besides keep trying?
Old 10-16-2016, 11:36 AM

one of two things going on here.

1. the clutch disc is not "dead nuts" centered
2. The angle of transmission going in is not = to angle of engine

as mentioned earlier you need to re-align clutch disc by loosening PP bolts and re-aligning or confirm trans is going in perfectly straight in relationship to the engine. Meaning the gap between tranny & bell housing is the same top/bottom & side to side

I know this is a PIA. Been there and done that.

I use the floor jack under motor and a Harbor freight scissor tranny jack under trans. I usually have to lift or drop the engine "slightly" to get the two to be dead nuts same angle (gap top/bottom & L&R of tranny and bell housing is =) to slide it in all the way

Beyond that IDK if they make a pilot bearing that does fit inside the crank but the center hole is to small..meaning the wrong plot bearing.

In your case I think it is either condition 1 or 2

Sorry to hear about your hand and glad it is OK now.