For Sale: 85 Iroc 383ci LT1/M6

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:43 PM

For Sale: 85 Iroc 383ci LT1/M6

For Sale is my 85 IROC it has a 383ci LT1 with a 6 speed out of a 95 camaro.

I bought the car in August of 08, here is the info I have the guy who original did the 4th gen conversion

“I bought a 1995 Z28 and put everything that I could from that car into the Iroc. I completely stripped the Iroc down to just a bare chassis.

I started with the wiring harness. The 4th gen body harness, front and rear light harnesses, and engine harness were put in the car and amazingly there was no cutting, everything fit.

Next was the hardest part. The heater box. There is a mounting ring on the 4th gen firewall, I drilled out the spot welds and then installed that on the 3rd gen fire wall, there was a ton of measuring to do and a little massaging of the sheet metal but it finally worked out. The fit was great. The dash actually bolted right into place. I removed the passenger airbag because it was very heavy and I was not about to install the airbag sensors on the car and possibly get them in the wrong spot. I also installed the 4th gen steering column. So by doing all of this, the interior is fully functional, everything works like it should, heat, A/C lights dash. However custom A/C lines need to be made but once they are the A/C will work. I massaged the K-member so that the A/C compressor fit. The other cool thing is that the 95 Z had keyless entry and my Iroc had power windows and locks so when I put in the 4th gen body harness the keyless entry worked! The lock motors were a little weak and the door linkage needed to be greased so they work a bit better but they do work.

I didn't have time to install the 4th gen door panels but it can be done, it just takes some patience. Also the upper dash cover is there too, it had to be cut down to fit the thirdgen, but it does fit. I also converted the rest of the car to black interior and installed new carpet. The 4th gen seats bolted right up.

The only thing that was not installed was the cruise control. If you got a cruise control box from a 4th gen you could hook it up and it would work.

Next the drivetrain. The LT1 was an easy bolt in and since I used the 4th gen harnesses it was an easy hook up too. 3rd gen headers were used and the passenger side one was modified to fit around the 4th gen heater box. Now the T56 was a bit more challenging but not bad. I used the third gen gas pedal and the 4th gen clutch and brake pedals, the 4th gen brake booster was also used. I custom made the crossmember for the tranny and it is a beast but because the car is so low it needed to be stout, it has a skid plate built into it and it is the lowest part of the car, when you bottom out you will notice it, but you wont hurt it, trust me. The shifter comes out right through the 4th gen console. The driveshaft is the stock length. The rear end and rear brakes are also 4th gen. It was a direct bolt in. “

Then the guy I bough it from painted the car Atomic orange in 2008 and built the 383

The 383ci
Eagle crank & rods
Ported heads
Thunder racing cam 236/242 520/540 112 LSA
Comp push rods
58BBK throttle body
Ported intake
Hooker headers with a 3in flowmaster exhaust.
Adjustable fuel reg
I am sure there is more that i cant think of right now

The trans has a Ram clutch4 it is a little loud at idle

10 bolt had 4:10’s installed with alloy axles

Chrome ZR1 rims

I only drove the car about 500 miles here is what I got from driving it. The steering shaft has play in it drives the way it is but the steering is lose. E-brake does not work and has a very small oil leak, the body is in really nice shape has a small paint chip on the rear bumper and the fiberglass hood does not line up like most. The interior needs the top of the dash and door panels to be finished. I just bought a dash piece and doors panels for the car but they need to be put on, and a few misc things

It is a nice car that’s needs a little TLC, if you are interested I will PM you my number

Asking $7000. Or best offer
Or
Will sell with no motor for $4500. I will leave everything except the motor, The Rad, transmission, clutch, headers, fans, wiring harness all that stuff will stay

Exhaust vid
Old 01-25-2009, 09:59 PM

That is a very sweet ride. Little out of my price range and not reallyw hat I,m looking for in a daily driver for the summer. But damn nice car.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:39 PM

wow nice iroc.