Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Motorsport Discussion > Autocross and Road Racing Technique
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2002, 07:10 PM   #1

Question Trans Am Suspension Suck?

I heard that the suspension on Trans Ams was not good and prone to wheel hop. Is this true? Is there a difference between Trans Am and Camaro z28 suspension (ie one better than the other)? Also, What do Ws6 packages consist of on trans ams. Sorry for how broad these questions are but I am really considering gettting a Z28 or a Trans Am. Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
Old 06-07-2002, 12:22 AM   #2

the pre-93 ones didn't have abs. maybe its an old model they were telling you about. i roadrace my 95 and push it to the limit without any trouble. my 98 doesn't have trouble, either.

stock t/a and z28 have soft suspensions. ws6 is better. ss can be better. get a 1le formula or z28 if you want the best factory setup available. ws6 is one step down from that, IMHO. ss can be bought as a 1le, still.

bobc

[This message has been edited by BobC (edited June 07, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by BobC (edited June 07, 2002).]
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 11:36 PM   #3

Camaro and T/A have the exact same suspension. Since 2000 the WS6 has had the same suspsension as the base Z28/TA with the exception of a 32mm front sway bar, different jounce bumpers and the 17" wheels/tires. These cars really need shocks (DeCarbons SUCK!) and a larger front sway bar really helps!

------------------
98 Z28 1LE M6 | Autox/RR toy
01 Trans Am M6 | Daily driver, some mods
1LE.net
Old 06-17-2002, 10:35 PM   #4

Yep, after SFC's, STB, and tires, I've still got to get new shocks (probably Koni).

All the above should be mandetory on 93+ F-bodies, they just handle much better with good suspension components. (The STB is a quick tuning aid, if the front gets too loose after other mods.)

And yes T/A, Formula, and Z28 cars all got the same BASE suspension package (Although the 1LE, WS6 packages or the FireHawk and SS options change things).
Sebring Silver on Graphite leather w/blk drop-top. M6, TCS-less, !MAF, LT4KM, 30% tint. Lingenfelter CAI, 160*stat, !CAGS, TB cover. McLeod Street Twin. Pro 5.0 Power Tower Shifter. Dynotech Engineering 3.5" Metal-Matrix Composite DS. Ratech Solid Pinion Bearing Spacer. Eaton Posi. GM 4.11:1 gears. TA Performance 10-bolt Girdle. Hotchkis STB. ES Tranny Mount. Nitto 555R's. Kenny Brown DD SFC's. Spohn LCA brackets. BMR !TB kit. Optima Yellow Top. Mobil 1 Tri-Synthetic. Red Line Water Wetter. MBA Pedals, MAP cover, alt Fan/Pulley/Cap. AVS smoke tail-covers. The Sign Connection decals.

Convertible Forum: for those who do it topless
Team NW Fbody: Where the REAL racers are! (T56)
WSP: Have you made your donation lately? (I perferto give at the office: Jeannie)

Pending install time:
C5 calipers, KVR cross-drilled rotors, Brown Bread (sound mat).
Steve in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 05:05 AM   #5

Since 2000, the WS6 package only adds the 32mm front bar. Same springs, shocks etc. as the base cars. The base Firehawk suspension is the same as a base Z28.

------------------
98 Z28 1LE M6 | Autox/RR toy
01 Trans Am M6 | Daily driver, some mods
1LE.net
Old 06-18-2002, 05:05 AM

Reply Post New Thread