Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

SS grill or Stull grill?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 11:11 AM

SS grill or Stull grill?

Ok, i am really torn between the two. I like the SLP SS grill, i think it adds that modern style but with sutle heritage cues. However it costs 175.
Next is the stull billet grill, i would get it in a brushed finish, and i purchases a 69 SS logo for the front of the grill. To kinda add that retro look....plus i like how it looks on the zl1 camaro's...but dont know how well its going to look, for some reason everytime i see a billet grill it looks different on each car. What would you do? I have NBM SS. thanks
Old 06-11-2004, 11:50 AM

If you want something easy, go with the SLP. IMHO, for the billet grill to look good, the mounting holes fromt he stock grill need to be filled as well as the embossed CAMARO under the stock grill, then paint behind with a matte black. If you don't fill everything, they get dirty and look like crap and is hard to clean.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:54 PM

wow, didnt know all that...i have an LS1 motorsports grill on there now but its all chipped and scratched. So i wanted a new look. I like SLP's grill but dont know..i like the look of the Stull grills on the ZL1's however, and i have a 69 SS emblem to go on the grill. So should look good. But i didnt know that i had to fill holes in my facia to get it to work?
Old 06-12-2004, 10:55 PM

All personal preference I guess. I have a Stull w/ an 'ss' emblem attached instead of the 69 bowtie look. I didn't fill any holes from the stock piece which I would probably reccommend. Its not noticeable til you're a few inches staring right at it. I wasn't a big fan of painting behind either . I like the look of the car color behind the grille.

so..i put a vote in for your Stull w/ bowtie look
Old 06-13-2004, 08:48 AM

Originally posted by ADAMLS1
All personal preference I guess. I have a Stull w/ an 'ss' emblem attached instead of the 69 bowtie look. I didn't fill any holes from the stock piece which I would probably reccommend. Its not noticeable til you're a few inches staring right at it. I wasn't a big fan of painting behind either . I like the look of the car color behind the grille.

so..i put a vote in for your Stull w/ bowtie look
I agree totally
Old 06-13-2004, 10:04 PM

SS grill all the way!!!
Old 06-14-2004, 12:26 AM

So is it had to install the stull grill? Double sided tape? holes to be drilled? Right now it boils down to which one can i not screw up..lol..i really like the stull grill i think it looks different, i also like the SLP grill... which is just a bolt on replacement i would assume.