2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What "Special Edition" Camaro would you like GM to build?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 02:44 PM

I realize these were dealer cars but they are some of the most coveted Camaros ever made... So why not strike a deal with the dealerships (Or whomever holds naming rights )where you could bring out a "Yenko Camaro" or a "Nikey" or even my Favorite the "Baldwin Motion" cars...

Talk about special editions! I can see some of them pulling in higher purchase orders than the above suggestions...

If the Factory doesn't make these I'm sure (As we saw with the 4th) that there will be some cars made again from people like Berger and the likes but it would be easier and nicer for a guy like myself to order them from my local dealership...
Old 12-20-2006, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
I care. I care alot.

Anyway, I'm personally not into this whole special edition thing. Usually it's just some stickers unique to some dealers in Oklahoma or New Jersey or something.

I'd rather that GM truly sweat the details on a proper base, RS, SS, and Z/28 line-up.
I agree. I just want to see a very well done base car to start the lineup off with and properly done models all the way up to the Z/28. The RS package would nice to see again as an appearance option on the base model and SS.

I like special models alot but honestly guys, Camaro doesnt really have a huge history of factory special models like the Mustang does. Mustangs that have Boss, Mach 1, Bullitt written on the side of them have history in the Mustang lineup. Hence why Fords making money off them today (or soon will be). While Camaro:

ZL1-wasnt a Camaro specific model designation, that belongs to Z28.
IROC-too much money for the sponsorship and really were JUST Z28's.
Berlinetta-forget about it
Type LT-

I think we'll be fine with a well done lineup with the base model, SS, and Z/28.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Ditto.

It seems to me that most of the people that want the $40K+ super Camaro to be called "SS" aren't even going to be the ones buying it. While those of us over 40 with a disposable income want the Z06-like Camaro to be called "Z28". Quiet frankly if you aren't willing to dump $45-50K+ on the ultimate Camaro, you shouldn't be allowed to discuss what its called.
I WILL be getting either a NEW C6 or Camaro (with 100% agreement from my better half I might add ). And though I'm not "over 40" yet, I'll be turning 40 in late January, and I WILL be "over 40" when it comes out. Can I join the discussion now?

I guess I'm in the minority of "real" potential buyers, as it doesn't really matter to me what the "top" Camaro is.

............and ditto on the LT=

Last edited by Ron78Z&01SS; 12-22-2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:42 PM

I care. I care alot.

Anyway, I'm personally not into this whole special edition thing. Usually it's just some stickers unique to some dealers in Oklahoma or New Jersey or something.

I'd rather that GM truly sweat the details on a proper base, RS, SS, and Z/28 line-up.
I agree mostly but as far as the 69 stickers I like the dual racing stripes or a solid color car. I dont care for the hockey or bumble bee stripes at all though.

I should say here that I could afford the car, but Im looking for a house or apartment. Right now Im trying to figure out how I could afford that and a diet of dog food. It wont be practical for me for a while and I may end up with a used 5th gen but that doesnt make me less of a fan.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Ditto.

It seems to me that most of the people that want the $40K+ super Camaro to be called "SS" aren't even going to be the ones buying it. While those of us over 40 with a disposable income want the Z06-like Camaro to be called "Z28". Quiet frankly if you aren't willing to dump $45-50K+ on the ultimate Camaro, you shouldn't be allowed to discuss what its called.
I really don't see what the relavence of someones budget for the car has anything to do with being able to talk about what it should called.
I say GM should scrap both designations and go with something new for the top dog. The car won't be a central office production order so that designation doesn't fit. The ZL-1, while a cool name doesn't really fit since any top model car isn't going to be limited to 69 units. Z/28's were more performance minded but honestly a Z-28 designation to me seems to not to fit a car that is to be a low production top performance model.

I say they come up with a new name or designation. People who will buy this car won't care what it is called. I know because I am one of them. I couldn't care less what they call it. The name doesn't matter...names aren't what strike fear in the hearts of other people it is what is under the hood that matters. To be real honest they could call the thing the fluffy puff camaro and if it beat the hell out of every current muscle car and most exotics, people would buy the thing just the same.

Last edited by Whitten; 12-22-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Whitten
To be real honest they could call the thing the fluffy puff camaro .
Yeah well, suit yourself. I'd pay more if it were called a Z/28.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:43 PM

To be real honest they could call the thing the fluffy puff camaro and if it beat the hell out of every current muscle car and most exotics, people would buy the thing just the same.
No, no they wouldn't.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:40 AM

fluffy puff camaro

Old 02-05-2007, 01:21 AM

I might wait to see what Callaway has in store for the 5th gen.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:18 AM

Why????

It's just a name. I have never really gotten that argument. To me its no different than paying $40 for a t shirt from A&F when you can buy a $15 t shirt of the same quality from Old Navy. You are only paying for the name. That doesn't make sense one bit. Now that I am in a position to buy a new Camaro I would gladly take the fluffy puff Camaro just as I would take a Z/28. I don't care what they call it just build it.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by 95firehawk
Why????

It's just a name. I have never really gotten that argument. To me its no different than paying $40 for a t shirt from A&F when you can buy a $15 t shirt of the same quality from Old Navy. You are only paying for the name. That doesn't make sense one bit. Now that I am in a position to buy a new Camaro I would gladly take the fluffy puff Camaro just as I would take a Z/28. I don't care what they call it just build it.
Well, what would be the "fluffy puff's" misson statement?
Will the"fluffy puff" have the focus that comes from decades of unforgiving competition, (and championships) in the crucible of road racing?
Will the "fluffy puff" have decades of brand equity?
Should the "fluffy puff" get the good brakes/bushings/shocks, or doesn't it matter?
In fact, what will be your reference point in developing the "fluffy puff" package?
How will you market the "fluffy puff"?

And it's not like getting an A&F shirt for $40 and an Old Navy shirt for $15, it's more like getting them both for the same price. Unless you are saying that a "fluffy puff" could be EXACTLY like a Z/28 but for 1/3 the price.

Last edited by Z284ever; 02-05-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:02 AM

All that being said I want the baddest Mther Fer GM has to offer. I want GT-500's dodging off the roads to hide from me and I want Challenger drivers to soil themselves in their own excrement when I pull up and rev. If that car turns out to be the Z/28 so be it, if it turns out to be a COPO just as well...I don't care what it is called so long as when I crank it up people and cars alink tremble like a child about to receive a harsh spanking.
+1

I'm in my mid 30's, and I can/will be able to afford a 45k-50k "Z06" Camaro. I don't necessarily want one. I want the biggest motor with minimal options and a tight suspension for about $35k.

I just want to finish off a 12 or 14 hour day by rolling the windows down and listening to the pipes rumble as I cruise home. I want to know that on a Friday night, with some of my kids in the car, unless my opponent spent about $100k I'd have his *** from a roll.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:01 PM

ZL1
Old 02-05-2007, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by 95firehawk
Why????

Well, what would be the "fluffy puff's" misson statement?
Will the"fluffy puff" have the focus that comes from decades of unforgiving competition, (and championships) in the crucible of road racing?
Will the "fluffy puff" have decades of brand equity?
Should the "fluffy puff" get the good brakes/bushings/shocks, or doesn't it matter?
In fact, what will be your reference point in developing the "fluffy puff" package?
How will you market the "fluffy puff"?

And it's not like getting an A&F shirt for $40 and an Old Navy shirt for $15, it's more like getting them both for the same price. Unless you are saying that a "fluffy puff" could be EXACTLY like a Z/28 but for 1/3 the price.
Its not a $40 shirt, its a $40,000 Camaro... and if I'm going to pay that price, I'd like some say into what its called.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:12 PM

I would just like to have a RS option for any Camaro, maybe with hidden headlights too.

Quick Reply: What "Special Edition" Camaro would you like GM to build?