2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What "Special Edition" Camaro would you like GM to build?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by shock6906
Why does everybody think the RS has to be on just the V6's?
Because quite a few people can't see past the 4th Gen Camaros, which is unfortunate.

I agree with the above posters. An RS appearance package would simply be great. That way Chevrolet could revive the RS/Z28, and I eventually would be able to buy one and be a very very happy man.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:25 AM

I can't believe that noone has brought up IROC. Drop the cash to get the sponsorship back and market the heck out of it.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:58 PM

Z/28 with 1LE or SS with 1LE. But I defintely don't want OnStar or any navigation system.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by wulfen33
I can't believe that noone has brought up IROC. Drop the cash to get the sponsorship back and market the heck out of it.
I'd drive one
Old 12-16-2006, 01:22 PM

Yeah IROC would be sweet. But I'd like a cheap V8 M6. I don't want to HAVE to buy the onstar, leather seats, navigation, if I want the sweet powertrain. I still wish there would be a beefy solid axle option....
Old 12-19-2006, 11:16 AM

I was about to say "IROC-Z" but you beat me to it.

I'd love to see an IROC package. It would look nice in the garage next to my 85.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
I was about to say "IROC-Z" but you beat me to it.

I'd love to see an IROC package. It would look nice in the garage next to my 85.
Okay, this is just me talking, and I dont want anyone to get upset about it...but I dont really want to see an IROC package. I just dont think it fits on this particular Camaro...
Old 12-19-2006, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by number77
Z/28 with 1LE or SS with 1LE. But I defintely don't want OnStar or any navigation system.
Too bad, by then, every GM vehicle will have OnStar Standard.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:25 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

take a guess at how much that sponsorship is.................

.......and then you'll know why we dropped it!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:42 PM

-buzzes in-
What is "Too f*cking much", Alex?
Old 12-19-2006, 11:26 PM

Preconceived notions about a car and any kind of past history go completely out the window for this car the second it hits dealerships or is announced at the car show with a production model sitting in front of the masses.

I can remember back when the new body style mustang came out, based solely on looks alone it rekindled interest in the name sake from the likes of people who hadn't even considered a Mustang in 30 years. Suddenly what used to be a car that pompous *** hole guys and rosy cheeked teenagers bought was now cool for old men, who instead bought corvettes, to be seen in again.

I say build what ever models will sell to the public. I see a whole bunch of folks out there that love nascar and aren't hillbillies and those people buy new cars...don't alienate them...give them what they want.

I know that we all would like to see this car veer far and away from that scene and it will, but you have got to sell cars and get your product out there any way you can.

2 seconds after someone sees this car blow past them on the street they are going to be saying "holy ****, I don't care what kind of a reputation the car had in the past it looks bad *** now."

I being a total F-1 snob love the idea that this car will be able to handle, but at the same time I also want to see this car be a good drag car and a spokesman for the brand in other areas that may not interest me one of those being Nascar. It is the only way that we can expect the car to really succeed.

All that being said I want the baddest Mther Fer GM has to offer. I want GT-500's dodging off the roads to hide from me and I want Challenger drivers to soil themselves in their own excrement when I pull up and rev. If that car turns out to be the Z/28 so be it, if it turns out to be a COPO just as well...I don't care what it is called so long as when I crank it up people and cars alink tremble like a child about to receive a harsh spanking.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:49 AM

RS (Make it a cosmetic treatment for the interior and some exterior stuff)
SS (Offer the RS treatement with the SS. I'd like to have one with the RS/SS sticker on it )
Z/28

I've got nothing else. Maybe some regional packages like Ford plans to do with the Mustang.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Whitten
All that being said I want the baddest Mther Fer GM has to offer. I want GT-500's dodging off the roads to hide from me and I want Challenger drivers to soil themselves in their own excrement when I pull up and rev. If that car turns out to be the Z/28 so be it, if it turns out to be a COPO just as well...I don't care what it is called so long as when I crank it up people and cars alink tremble like a child about to receive a harsh spanking.
F'n-A brother, F'n-A......my thoughts exactly and beautifully said.

The whole SS vs Z28 thing is getting old. Who cares what they call it? As long as the thing is available.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ron78Z&01SS
F'n-A brother, F'n-A......my thoughts exactly and beautifully said.

The whole SS vs Z28 thing is getting old. Who cares what they call it? As long as the thing is available.
I care. I care alot.

Anyway, I'm personally not into this whole special edition thing. Usually it's just some stickers unique to some dealers in Oklahoma or New Jersey or something.

I'd rather that GM truly sweat the details on a proper base, RS, SS, and Z/28 line-up.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
I care. I care alot.

Anyway, I'm personally not into this whole special edition thing. Usually it's just some stickers unique to some dealers in Oklahoma or New Jersey or something.

I'd rather that GM truly sweat the details on a proper base, RS, SS, and Z/28 line-up.
Ditto.

It seems to me that most of the people that want the $40K+ super Camaro to be called "SS" aren't even going to be the ones buying it. While those of us over 40 with a disposable income want the Z06-like Camaro to be called "Z28". Quiet frankly if you aren't willing to dump $45-50K+ on the ultimate Camaro, you shouldn't be allowed to discuss what its called.

Quick Reply: What "Special Edition" Camaro would you like GM to build?