2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets talk about repercussions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 03:40 PM

Re: Lets talk about repercussions.

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Absolutely!!!

I want to know who and how the link to the page was found however...I looked and couldn't find it on their entry pages....!?!?!?

someone googled and they got the link. it cannot be accesed anywhere else but google.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by turbo96z28
someone googled and they got the link. it cannot be accesed anywhere else but google.
So we can point the finger directly at R&T then.....
Old 01-07-2006, 03:54 PM

So we can point the finger directly at R&T then.....

yup!
Old 01-07-2006, 05:03 PM

Why do you guys care so much about this? do you work for GM?
Old 01-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Prominent Member

It's because we know the people who put so much into this and the fact fact people can't respect those people and honor embargoes.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by TOO Z MAXX

how would you feel if you busted you a$$ for 3 years working on something, trying to keep it a secret and 3 days before the whole world was going to get it's first view some dumba$$ takes pics of it and puts them all over the internet?

think of what Scott has gone through just trying to give us hints. he's been in the frying pan more than a few times because of things that were microscopic compared to this.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by TOO Z MAXX
Because
1. If I did it, I'd be getting sued and maybe go to jail for a short time.
2. Because R&T is a professional company, and they can't keep their dick in their pants.
3. I wanted to be suprised.
4. Red has done alot, and if anyone was gonna release the pics before the autoshow, it should've been him, not some GM bashing mag.
5. This will affect GM's investors.

They took it off their website now. Maybe it has to do with my email that said "You ****ed up." and was linked to their Camaro site.

P.S. I hope Wagoner Lutz and Red roll up a Road&Track magazine, and then proceed to shove it up their ***. This release is uncalled for on so many different levels.

Last edited by number77; 01-07-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by number77
Because
1. If I did it, I'd be getting sued and maybe go to jail for a short time.
2. Because R&T is a professional company, and they can't keep their dick in their pants.
3. I wanted to be suprised.
4. Red has done alot, and if anyone was gonna release the pics before the autoshow, it should've been him, not some GM bashing mag.
5. This will affect GM's investors.

They took it off their website now. Maybe it has to do with my email that said "You ****ed up." and was linked to their Camaro site.

P.S. I hope Wagoner Lutz and Red roll up a Road&Track magazine, and then proceed to shove it up their ***. This release is uncalled for on so many different levels.
Excellent Post. If GM had trusted me with a sneak peek to ANY new car before others had access, and I disrespected that trust... GM would no longer recognize my status as a member of the media. In fact, I doubt they would even talk to me anymore. It seems all too often that the large car magazines misuse this trust without any consequence.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Prominent Member

Isn't Josh still being penalized for some small infraction? It's not fair to the web guys if this goes unpunished.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:10 PM

It's because we know the people who put so much into this and the fact fact people can't respect those people and honor embargoes.
There are people that can't keep secrets that deal with national security, and could directly lead to the deaths of who knows how many people. Given that, is it any surprise that pictures of a car that everyone is going to see in two days anyways is up on the internet?

I'm not condoning it at all - just trying to add some perspective.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Prominent Member

I believe this was an honest, but lazy mistake that was found out by someone on the web....they simply should have waited until Monday evening to post it on their site and nothing would have been said.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:50 PM

Big magazine companies get away with murder when it comes to breaking embargos. TCC is the first name that comes to me.

Remember when the z06 images were released early? It was due to an advertising agency messing up. GM fired the ad agency.

Then, AutoWeek posted a "rendering" of the z06 with a few things off as to not "break the embargo." GM did nothing but slap their wrists and say "You can't have a z06 to review early." Oh BOO HOO! Say it isn't so.

I could tell you that I could post the exact same image/video in the exact same way as R&T and I'd have not only black Suburbans infront of my house but my black Solstice would be hung upside down by a wrecker with GM on a loud speaker telling me to get out with my hands up or the Solstice gets it.

Nothing will happen to Road & Track just like nothing happens to TCC, or Car and Driver. It's all just a scam and shows that Goliath gets all.

Perfect example is the outrage GM showed to myself over Chris Pauwels rendering that he did. I never would have guessed the things that I was told never to say, never to publish, never to do "or else" and Pauwels guessed!

I've got nothing but love for GM and I bleed blue and silver and it's certainly not for the Detroit Lions but c'mon...something has to give.

I should throw in, I'm not bitching, not at all but there's also a lot that goes unsaid & does so because of a law-suit. But, it gives me renewed enthusiasm knowing what GM has coming down the pipelines and that's satisfaction enough to keep me excited.

Last edited by Josh452; 01-07-2006 at 07:10 PM.