2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complete Process from Order to Purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 PM

Question Complete Process from Order to Purchase?

I have been looking at the various sites & seeing all the pictures & reading all the comments & think it would benefit all of us if Chevrolet could spell out the process. I would like to see a step by step explanation of what happens once I place my order (done on 10/13) until the time I have the keys in my hand. My patience is wearing thin like all of you & I think it is only fair that we can get this info in one place & hopefully avoid so much confusion created by our speculation. Why not have an explanation of the cars sitting outside the plant, how build sequence is determined, etc. all in one thread. Maybe this is something that could be posted on the chevrolet.com/camaro site. I do not think it is too much to ask to get these answers straight from Chevrolet. At the very least pass it along to the dealers so they could inform us of something. If I am out of line in asking, just say so & I will just shut up & continue to wait till whenever.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:00 PM

Uh... FbodFather already said what the cars outside the plant are:

"Those are Captive Test Fleet vehicles -- including the ones you've seen on transports in various parts of the country......

Yes - they have Window Stickers (better known as "Monroney Labels" -- but there are no separate prices or options printed out on the CTF vehicles as of yet......"

And to quote GM from another site (google search): "We call that a “captured test fleet”. Captured meaning we know where the cars are and we know who the drivers are, and test fleet because the cars aren’t in production yet. We use the versions that we build at the tail end of the development cycle to really put them out there on a daily basis to get better understanding of whats going on with the vehicles."

Production starts Monday, car 000001 rolls off the line and it goes from there. As far as what order gets filled first (after 000001) I can't answer that.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by GDANESS
I have been looking at the various sites & seeing all the pictures & reading all the comments & think it would benefit all of us if Chevrolet could spell out the process. I would like to see a step by step explanation of what happens once I place my order (done on 10/13) until the time I have the keys in my hand. My patience is wearing thin like all of you & I think it is only fair that we can get this info in one place & hopefully avoid so much confusion created by our speculation. Why not have an explanation of the cars sitting outside the plant, how build sequence is determined, etc. all in one thread. Maybe this is something that could be posted on the chevrolet.com/camaro site. I do not think it is too much to ask to get these answers straight from Chevrolet. At the very least pass it along to the dealers so they could inform us of something. If I am out of line in asking, just say so & I will just shut up & continue to wait till whenever.
Dealers have access to all the information to the step by step ordering sequence of their orders cars...unfortunately most dealers don't have a clue as to what is going on and don;t even understand the exact process. This is the exact sequence of the order.

1100 = Preliminary Order (Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order)
2000 = Accepted By GM (Dealer used allocation to place order into production)
2500 = Preferenced (Order pulled to the production system)
3000 = Accepted By Production Control (Order input into the production system)
3100 = Sequenced (Order sequenced for Production)
3300 = Scheduled For Production (Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle)
3400 = Broadcast (Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together)
3800 = Produced (Order is built and VIN# shows in the Dealer Order system now)
4150 = Invoiced (Order is invoiced to the dealer)
4200 = Shipped (Vehicle is shipped to the dealer or point of delivery)
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer a list for the event codes..