2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro orders possibly starting on July 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Mr. Jackson is no longer with the company.

Mr. Jackson's background is in the beverage industry.

Don't get me going.....................
Showing up to work hammered was he?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:18 PM

I hope they don't do an Apprentice style order system with the new Camaro. The Camaro has much greater public reach than Solstice and we would be overwhelmed. I also know we would turn people away rather than take orders for cars we may or may not get, especially because this is going to be higher volume than Solstice. As for a 7/7/07 order date logic needs to be addressed here. We have not seen a production car, and therefore I would think that this would be seen before ordering begins.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:26 PM

Really?

You may want to check your sources on that one........
Yea listen to this guy here (Fbodfather) he should know lol

Hey Scott did you see my Camaro order?

See ya next month
Old 06-07-2007, 09:25 PM

Really?

You may want to check your sources on that one........
FOR REAL any one catch that hhr commercial, i threw up in my mouth when i watched it!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by robyrd
FOR REAL any one catch that hhr commercial, i threw up in my mouth when i watched it!
Which one was that?

The one with all the guys? LOL We thought it was hilarious.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:58 PM

The HHR commercial was created by a contest winner, a high school girl from somewhere. He talked about it during his presentation.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Camarocracy
The HHR commercial was created by a contest winner, a high school girl from somewhere. He talked about it during his presentation.
NO it was a college contest that the girls won.

Winning the Challenge

Katie Crabb
By Katie Crabb
Guest blogger

I can’t put into words the feeling of awe I still have since I found out that I won the Chevy Super Bowl Ad Challenge. Though ‘That Chevy Girl’s’ time in the spotlight is coming to an end, the memories that I have of this experience and, more importantly, what Chevy has done for me, will last a lifetime.

I was shocked when I was announced the winner in Detroit in the fall. In December, I was graciously whisked off to New York to see the ad that had been in my head for a couple of months come alive. But through it all, it still never really hit me. Finally in Miami, seeing my commercial on TV and hearing all the positive feedback, it finally sunk in. I had created a Super Bowl ad!

I think it wasn’t so much that I had created an advertisement that more than 90 million people watched that made me excited. It was that Chevy was allowing me to say something, in the funniest way possible, of course: times are changing, and we need to embrace the change. In my mind, that’s priceless. Better yet, we had plenty of laughs along the way.

Here in Miami, it’s been great. I’ve had the opportunity to glance into a world that little Midwestern girls like me think only exists in a parallel universe that no one really lives in. And that game? That game! It was amazing… that’s coming from a hardcore football fan. It was a big game for the Colts, Chevy, and for me… and I can only hope that the Chevrolet team was able to experience just as much excitement as I know I and the Super Bowl champions did, and still feel.

I don’t think I recognized before this weekend the kind of risk that Chevy took when asking college students to give them ideas for an extraordinarily important (and expensive) advertising spot. Nor did I realize how truly lucky I am to have had my idea chosen to be the one on which that risk was taken, especially when you consider the fantastic concepts that were submitted by the other finalists. I’m overwhelmed with gratitude, and there is no way to measure the possibilities that now lie before me.

I am SO excited to see where the open doors that now surround me will lead. I can promise that I’ll take those opportunities and run as far as I can with them. This experience has been irreplaceable and I can definitely say that the smile I’ve worn all weekend seems to be permanently frozen on my face.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Last edited by krazzycowgirl; 06-08-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:25 PM

The HHR commercial was not his call.

I still stand by that he is a great person to have for advertising and GM will greatly miss him.

He brought GM Style to the NAIAS from LA this past year. He knows what he is doing and I'll say again....GM was surprised that he left them as quick as he did.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:44 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

sorry -- no surprises.

really.

Trust me.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:21 PM

I'd assume at that level there was a succession plan in place.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:49 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Chuck!
I'd assume at that level there was a succession plan in place.
not replacing him.......