2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who was it that said....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 02:39 PM

Re: Who was it that said....

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
I'm sorry, and you are entitled to your opinion, but I don't think the Camaro concept caught the "mainstream media" off guard. Further, I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of "casual observers" don't even know it was cancelled.
Actually most people that see my car mention "wow, do they even still make those?"

No doubt the Camaro concept is the HUGE buzz in the auto community right now. Im just laughing at all the naysayers and the ones that made fun of the "Keep the faith" comments. This car is gonna be a huge right hook counter-punch from Chevy/GM to other auto manufacturers. Should be fun seeing Mustang/Camaro/Challenger comparos again as opposed to all the import comparos.

Im sorry, its just that the Ford and DCX fans have had their fun in the sun. NOW ITS OUR TURN.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:01 PM

I think everyone needs to put this into perspective. When I showed some (non-car people) friends of mine the picture, they were like "sweet, awesome, etc.". The very next question is, "When does it come out?". When I say "2009", the sucking sound can be heard again as they leave the room. This car will be all but forgotten a year from now by the general buying public. So let's not get too excited about how this concept will stomp everything. It's still a loooooooooooooooong way from production.

Don't get me wrong either, it will take all of my will power to avoid buying one the day they come out, but at the same time, I realize what the average Joe thinks with his gnat-like attention span. And if the Challenger comes out before the Camaro, that will be enough for a lot of people to pull the trigger on a purchase. Same with the Shelby or <insert muscle-type-car here>. There are people right now that saw the Camaro concept and then within 24-48hrs were in a Ford dealership buying a Mustang. Why??? Because it's here.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:35 PM

I hate to pick on Nikivee again but... *coughcough http://web.camaross.com/forums/showp...22&postcount=8 cough*
Old 01-11-2006, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Meccadeth
I hate to pick on Nikivee again but... *coughcough http://web.camaross.com/forums/showp...22&postcount=8 cough*

i forgot about that!!!!!!!

Nikivee was definetley one of the "never coming back, not named Camaro, SS concept" ones.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:41 PM

Will the Challenger beat it to production? DC will be sitting pretty from the $$ perpective. Very similar to three other cars it is already producing, bet it might even share an assembly line, and they will get top dollar for them. Production numbers will be less of an issue.

I hope both go from concept to street sooner rather than later.

-B
Old 01-11-2006, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meccadeth

Well it's not like thats the first time she has owned herself in these very forums, so she can't get too mad.