2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw a fifth gen on the road!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Saw a fifth gen on the road!!!!!

Sorry Matt, but nobody is going to believe you unless you can cough up some pics. It's just the way things are.

Trust me, we all want it to be true.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

He's not the only one who saw that car. No offense to Matt, but I know the other guy who saw the car and if he said he saw it then I believe him.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:40 PM

Pics would help, but I could see this being possible. Maybe someone else who might have seen it will speak up on his behalf?
Old 05-27-2006, 12:44 PM

Old 05-27-2006, 01:02 PM

Scott?

although he probably can't comment...
Old 05-27-2006, 01:53 PM

I wonder if this goes along with the Transformer thread? He did say it was yellow with black racing stripes. Maybe Saleen did the addons?
Old 05-27-2006, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by cjmatt
no it was yellow with black stripes kinda like a bumble bee
Maybe it's the bumblebee Camaro for the new transformers movie. Maybe Saleen is going to jazz it up with some body kits (their only specialty IMHO).

I think everyone is being a bit harsh on this member. This morning I saw that the Mustang is the 4th best selling car right right now. If anyone things that this isn't cooking the General's grits, they are smoking crack. I think that the plan on the 5th gen is undercommit and overdeliver. I bet the whole "it's not approved" message is part of the plan. C'mon folks GET REAL!

Bet we see it for sale inside of 24mos........
Old 05-27-2006, 03:21 PM

I'm not saying you didnt see it, all im saying is...if you did, describe the car. What did the brake lights look like? Same grill set up as the concept? headlights? what were the rims like? What did the car look like man?
I think the brake lights would be a dead giveaway if it was a mustang or not a mustang.

Last edited by Mustang Killer57; 05-27-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by 95 Z/28 LT1
He's not the only one who saw that car. No offense to Matt, but I know the other guy who saw the car and if he said he saw it then I believe him.
And you are sure this wasn't one of the many many 69 styled basically kit cars that have come out?
Old 05-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Banned

I have to say that if you did happen to see one on the road, my bets are that it would not be painted in that fashion. It would most likely be a solid color car just for the reason that there's no sense in putting racing stripes on a car that is just for testing purposes. But seriously, give some descriptions about the car, as much as you can...and also how far away you were from the car when you saw it. I know my vision isn't worth a crap and if I'm too far away from any car, I can't tell what it is.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by shock6906
I have to say that if you did happen to see one on the road, my bets are that it would not be painted in that fashion. It would most likely be a solid color car just for the reason that there's no sense in putting racing stripes on a car that is just for testing purposes. But seriously, give some descriptions about the car, as much as you can...and also how far away you were from the car when you saw it. I know my vision isn't worth a crap and if I'm too far away from any car, I can't tell what it is.
I described it 2 or three times in past posts, it was the concept but in yellow with black vertical stripes. I am aware of what the test mules around here look like, I work on them all the time, I also have worked extensively on the mustang and Im otally positive that this was not it. This was actually painted not a body in white, so who knows, but Im guessing it probably was for the transformers movie possibly

Last edited by cjmatt; 11-03-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:43 PM

Food for thought: For the movie XXX2: State of the Union there were 3 different Daisey Ford Cobra concept look a likes made using Ford's own computer data and molds. It is possible that it was a tube framed movie car with fiberglass panels based on the Camaro. But pre-production it was not 100% sure of that. All the work is in AUS right now and the 1st pre-prods are always white bodies.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:28 PM

Unless you are working on the Camaro project, you can't call this guy a liar.
Please stop insulting him.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by number77
Unless you are working on the Camaro project, you can't call this guy a liar.
Please stop insulting him.
I'm not working on the project, but I still call
Fully painted...with racing stripes....pulling into a Saleen facility. I'd rate this right up there with Elvis sightings.

A) It's not even officially being produced
B) Even if it was approved, these demo/testing/whatever models are usually highly cammoed
C) Red himself said there were only 2 Camaros around. Now, he may not be able to tell us everything he knows (for obvious reasons) but he's NEVER lied to us.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:20 PM

At that place where they always have those nice cars sitting by the window? Wish I was living where I was last year like 5 mins away. Id drive over and have a look.
Im 20mins away now, Ill maybe take a look tommorrow. Going to the Palace to watch the game

Quick Reply: Saw a fifth gen on the road!!!!!