2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Rate the Camaro Concept on a Scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest
34.34%
30.48%
18.62%
5.79%
2.90%
2.34%
1.38%
0.83%
0.97%
2.34%
Voters: 725. You may not vote on this poll

OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 07:54 PM

Re: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
Ive seen the 69 RS Z28 but honestly I never knew if they came like that or people put Z28 emblems on other RS cars.

It would be a neat option, but I was just pointing out that RS would mean hideaway headlights the way it was 1st gen, not base V8 like Ive seen many post. I guess 3rd gen RS ment entry V8
Yeah it was an available option, basically the RS package was a trim option that could have been added to either the SS or the Z/28.

In fact, if you were watching the webcast today, the car that was following the red ZL1 Camaro was a RS/Z28, Garnet Red with black vinyl top and cross ram DZ302. Hideaway headlights and RS trim. That's an original car, not rebadged.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:03 PM

Don't get me wrong I love the car and will have a definate push to be the first in town to have one. I think that the tailights should be one on either side instead of two. Those aren't Camaro taillights IMO. The only things I really despise are the tail lights and mirrors. I agree that hideaways need to be an option. The interior is perfect. I love the lack of clutter around the driver.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:17 PM

Give it a price tag and an LS7 and tell me where to sign.

Last edited by MotorCityMan; 01-10-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:26 PM

Another 10 here. As a concept car, it's wonderful. Now I'll be anxious for a couple more years as to what the production version will look like. This whole process is teaching me a ton of patience!

Awesome start!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:29 PM

I gave it a 9. I like the exterior, but the interior after the GTO leaves a little to be desired. Clean the interior up like the GTO and they will have a hit.

Nonetheless, if they build it at a reasonable price, I'll buy it.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by MotorCityMan
Give it a price tag and an LS6 and tell me where to sign.
Gotta have those extra 5 hp ehh? Just put a K&N on the LS2.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:47 PM

I give this concept a 7 - only because I just don't like the "pointy" front end - looks too much like a Cadillac. Back end not quite right either. I am all for retro - it works on Mustang and the Challenger concept. That is just my opinion. With more of a '69 front and back - I would raise my rating to a 10. Interior - retro works for me. But PLEASE, make an affordable version for us poor slobs that can't afford a $30,000 car. If that means offer a V-6 to get the cost down - then do it. And it would be great if I didn't have to wait until 2009. I can live with a V-6.

I know a lot of people don't want it to be an exact copy of the 1969 - not me - I wouldn't mind at all. I think the Dodge Challenger concept is right on the money and was hoping for the same type of thing from Chevy.

I agree with alot of the comments on the front end and the grille - as well as the back end. IMO, from the side view - looks great! (although I'm not a fan of the huge wheels/low profile tires) But the front and back just bother me.

I know the production model will be different - but just wanted to put in my 2 cents. I'm a loyal GM/Camaro buyer. I have a 1968 Camaro and a 2002 Camaro. I have owned a 1988 Camaro, 2000 Camaro and 2001 Camaro. I want my next car to be a Camaro - but if it isn't affordable, Mustang may be my only choice

I look forward to seeing the concept in person if it will be at any other shows.

Thanks
Old 01-09-2006, 08:58 PM

I forgot to add one thing.

Chrome is dead.

Let it stay that way or only use it in the SS along with the covered headlights(you guys know it'll happen).
Old 01-09-2006, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
I think the grill needs to stay recessed, to change that would affect the overall look too much IMO. I just want to see it blacked out or made less conspicuous.

THIS grill treatment is much more attractive. Scott, make this happen.
I'd give it an 8 or 9 (haven't decided how to vote yet).

Front end: Like it. I also think the front grill in the above post looks MUCH MUCH better. I also think that hide-away headlights would be SWEET. I'm pretty much a tight-*** when it comes to optioning out cars, but I might even be willing to pay for the option if it wasn't standard.

Interior: Love it! I think the large tach & speedo with gages at the center console is pretty slick.

:blah: Tail: About the only complaint I have. I would prefer either rectangular tail lights like on a 1st Gen, or round like on the early 2nd gens (like they did with the SS Concept a few years ago). Not much of a fan of the exhaust tips (I'll agree with the earlier squashed coffe can look).

As you can tell, I'm a fan of retro styling. Even as the car is now, YES, I WOULD buy one if available.

I hope like hell GM will see this through to production and not let us down.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:05 PM

Great design, hope they build it!!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:05 PM

9 for the exterior. not too thrilled with front grill. the post by kick z tail out on the grill looked much better.
7 on interior. from pics i didn't like those big gauges.
but overall i'd buy it, as long as it is still affordable.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:27 PM

I gave it a 7. I like the rear. I definitely like the Charger-style fuel filler on the rear quarter. But I'm not crazy about the Chrysler "cab forward" look on a Camaro. I'd definitely lose the dubs, too.
The interior looks good and I like the idea of a ballsy V-8 option for ~$30k.
While they make a big deal about the grill area, it looks like a Caddie ripoff.
All-in-all, I'd still buy one instead of a Rustang, but maybe not instead of a new 2007-8 Challenger.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
Yeah it was an available option, basically the RS package was a trim option that could have been added to either the SS or the Z/28.

In fact, if you were watching the webcast today, the car that was following the red ZL1 Camaro was a RS/Z28, Garnet Red with black vinyl top and cross ram DZ302. Hideaway headlights and RS trim. That's an original car, not rebadged.
I missed it and I couldnt get the link on Fastlane blog to play anything else but kids and airbag carseat commercials. Got the link?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:05 PM

-1 because I wish it had t-tops. Just like the C6 ought to have pop up headlights, the 5th gen f-body ought to have t-tops.

and -1 because I wish it had more 2nd 3rd and 4th gen low long sleek fighter jet in it. Rather, it's upright and mostly 1st gen inspired. If I liked upright cars, I would have bought a 99 Stang instead of a 99 Camaro.

OTOH, I did give it an 8

because for a 1st gen, upright, retro inspired car, it looks GREAT! And those hips, and the area where the doors meet the rocker panels and the rear fenders, sexy! Makes the Challenger look dull, plain and slab sided.

BTW, GM, build this or something like it, and I'd give it a 10 and buy at least one:
Originally Posted by jawzforlife

Last edited by TTopJohn; 01-10-2006 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:13 PM

Looks like I'm in the minority on the side profile. I don't like the crease and the molds, looks too much like a Mustang. Make it smooth and rounded like first gen. Also would like to see a modern dash and interior, even futuristic. The contrast would be cooly artistic, IMO. A wider grill would be better too.

These are only minor quibbles; I did give it a 9; overall it's great.

If the production car is at all similar I WILL buy one, and park it right next to my STS turbocharged '02 SS Convertible

Now if they'll offer the 7.0 liter Z06 engine as an option!!! Drool Drool.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll