2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How will the 2010's stand up to this

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 09:29 PM

Gotta love the "window" in the hood...
Old 08-03-2008, 02:42 PM

Just doesnt seem practical.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:00 PM

I only posted this, because I thought others might like to see it

Competition is always good, because it means better models and newer cars.

The car does infact exist see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpdAvcxbsTI

Just to explain why I posted this: (Being without a ride, I went out and bought a mustang trader and camaro trader magazine) The UBB was featured on the second page of the magazine lol. Although I am not interested in buying a UBB, I thought others might like to see it.

Off topic
I'm in the process of looking into a 2008 GT and modding it out or an 02 SS and modding it out. I've seen 03-04 Cobra's smoking LS1's, so the 08 GT has to be faster right, I mean its newer? Its gotta have a better engine I would think otherwise, why would anyone buy an 05-08.

I am currently without a ride, since I gave my Z28 away.

I drove a Z28 for 10 years and really enjoyed it. I am a chevy fan, but at the moment the LS1 body style is pretty outdated and I need to find my new ride within the next couple of weeks. I'm also factoring in the cost of a LS1 or LT1replacement engine and transmission since there is no telling how long a used LS1/LT1 would last even checking for the burnt smell and doing the proper gear testing on a manual before purchase. Checking the fluid coloration and all that good stuff. The car could have been drove real hard

High and Low points:
Chevy's are unique and rare - Not many 97-2002 camaro's on the road around here.
Mustangs - They all look the same with only a few exceptions.

I like chevy's more, but at the same time I also like ford's. I am a camaro fan, but mustangs are also impressive vehicles. Its just mustangs all look the same

Now you know how I came about finding the UBB arcticle

Last edited by 1998Z28Driv3r; 08-04-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 1998Z28Driv3r

Just to explain why I posted this: (Being without a ride, I went out and bought a mustang trader and camaro trader magazine) The UBB was featured on the second page of the magazine lol. Although I am not interested in buying a UBB, I thought others might like to see it.

Off topic
I'm in the process of looking into a 2008 GT and modding it out or an 02 SS and modding it out. I've seen 03-04 Cobra's smoking LS1's, so the 08 GT has to be faster right, I mean its newer? Its gotta have a better engine I would think otherwise, why would anyone buy an 05-08.

I drove a Z28 for 10 years and really enjoyed it. I am a chevy fan, but at the moment the LS1 body style is pretty outdated and I need to find my new ride within the next couple of weeks. I'm also factoring in the cost of a LS1 or LT1replacement engine and transmission since there is no telling how long a used LS1/LT1 would last even checking for the burnt smell and doing the proper gear testing on a manual before purchase. Checking the fluid coloration and all that good stuff. The car could have been drove real hard

High and Low points:
Chevy's are unique and rare - Not many 97-2002 camaro's on the road around here.

I like chevy's more, but at the same time I also like ford's. I am a camaro fan, but mustangs are also impressive vehicles. Its just mustangs all look the same

Whoa whoa whoa!

1. This is not competition for the Camaro, Chevrolet, or GM. This is competition for Lingenfelter or something, from an unreputable shop for as much as I know. So there's one shop (and that's really all it is, a shop) claiming to make a 1500 HP Mustang.. that doesn't mean Chevy's going to say "Oh man, Ford's upped their A-Game... let's get 'em boys!"

2. Saying an '08 GT is quicker than an '03-04 Cobra is like saying a '77 Camaro is quicker than a '69 Camaro ZL1 because it's so much newer...

3. Stock '98-02 LS1 F-Bodies are still as quick, if not quicker, than the brand new '08 Mustang GTs. That's right, cars that are up to ten years older are still holding their own. If you're getting a Mustang for performance out of the box, get the '03-04 Cobra or go home (unless you'll spend the big bucks on the GT500 or a Cobra-R).
Old 08-04-2008, 01:32 PM

I've seen 03-04 Cobra's smoking LS1's, so the 08 GT has to be faster right, I mean its newer?
How old are you?

I don't think you'll be modding anything with your impressive knowledge.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:55 PM

I've seen 03-04 Cobra's smoking LS1's, so the 08 GT has to be faster right, I mean its newer?
Um, no. LOL.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:45 AM

I'm a chevy fan, but I don't think a single camaro can dominate it.
Like others have said, this is a tuner car. I really think GM couldn't give two drops of **** about this shop and their Mustang offering.

Food for thought: The Camaro will ONLY survive if the V6 model is a sales hit out of the park. The vast majority of Camaro owners will own a V6 model. I promise they don't care if their car has 1000 or even 300 horsepower. If they cared about high levels of horsepower then they would have opted for a V8. I am willing to bet they are more interested in looks of the car, how fun it is to drive, and how others perceive them in that car.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:43 AM

Tune up a New or Old Camaro to 1000hp and i bet it will beat this car.
not much of a mustang fan but that car ain't production so anyone can build a Camaro with 1000hp and im sure it will take this mustang
Old 08-05-2008, 10:19 AM

It's a neat Mustang I guess. I found a Camaro that could touch it though:

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...aro/index.html

Off topic
I've seen LS1s smoking 03 Cobras. What's your point?

And no, the new Mustang GT is not faster than LS1 F-bodies or 03 Cobras. A stock GT is a mid to high 13 second vehicle at best, 14 sec is more typical. LS1s are low to mid 13s, some cracked high 12s. 03 Cobras will run mid to high 12s with a good driver.

High and Low points:

If you want something affordable and you like the F-body, go with a used LS1. If you want something new and you have to have it now, go with a Mustang GT. If you want to wait, get a new Camaro next spring. I think we all know you sure as hell aren't going to get the 1k HP Mustang in the link you posted, so I still don't see the point in you posting it.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 PM

That might be the most ridiculous and ostentatious Mustang I have ever seen...add in the fact that they probably were trying to say 1.3 bar instead of PSI. At any rate it looks like a body kitted out bolt performance upgrade Mustang with some cool goodies and a silly name.

1000 hp doesn't impress me one bit either, I have driven 1000HP before it is scary and totally useless on the street not to mention dangerous.

500 is way more than enough to get yourself into trouble alas, it is no longer the magical number it used to be.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:12 AM

If you give me enough money, I can make a couch that can run 7's in the quarter. And at least my couch won't have "Ultimate Bad Boy" written above the door like this joke of a car.

You can NOT be serious.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:38 AM

Old 08-06-2008, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Whitten
500 is way more than enough to get yourself into trouble alas, it is no longer the magical number it used to be.
this is the steroid era
Old 08-06-2008, 05:13 AM
West South Central Moderator

Save some cash, buy a V6 car and convert it to V8