2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Is THIS Camaro the right car for the times?
Yes
70.31%
No
21.88%
Don't know.
7.81%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Is THIS Camaro the right car for the times.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 07:15 AM

No, the right car for the times right now is a hybrid or a little 1.something liter economy car. But who want's to be right all the time? I want some horsepower.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:41 AM

in my opinion this is the Right Camaro for the current times.

Heretige design - Check. (some will read as RETRO, but all the same)
Great Performance - Check.
Dang good fuel milage for a High Performance v6 or v8 - Check.
Competition in the "pony" market - Check (some will read as Muscle Cars, same thing, you know what i mean)
Highest Build Quality (parts and fit and finish) - Check.
Great Reviews of PREPRODUCTION models by many of the magazines - Check (this in itself should speak volumes, because of how anti-american car approving most of the rags are these days)

So yea, the answer to your question, is AT THIS TIME, THIS IS the right Camaro for this time in the market. Would a thirdgen succeed now? NO.

Oh, and I gotta side on scott's side here. Charlie, i dont know you, but while your question was simple and not really confrontational, your comments kinda came off as being such, and from the previous posts ive read of yours, I do wonder exactly what your motive/point is in being confrontational. I also know how scott feels about the car, and program, and while i dont work for gm, i feel close to what he does for the car so
Old 09-15-2008, 07:48 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
where do you come up with this BS? he's stated before that he hopes the car is successful, it's just not for him. show some professionalism.

Please go look at this part:

QUOTE:
This comment makes me feel uncomfortable because it implies that "a Camaro fan first" will accept anything rather than nothing.

And really, who is to say where the threshold exists on this. Would a "fan first" accept FWD, or a 4 door or a GMT900 based Camaro over nothing?

Just saying....
UNQUOTE

That is not a simple question or comment.

That response got my response.

Don't like my 'professionalism?' -- sorry -- I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I've been on this site for a long time.

I don't have to -- and frankly I was posting on this site when it was not really allowed by my employer. I do it for many reaons -- but one of the main reasons is to stay in touch with the Enthusiast community. I also travel extensively and meet with Camaro and Firebird enthusiasts all over the country. I don't have to -- but I feel it's important -- and I'd like to think that most of the Camaro community finds it important as well.

Sorry you don't like my professionalism.

But I'm quite tired of a certain person trying to represent the Camaro community - and then coming out with a crack like that.

As to your comments about the sales volume of the coupes -- we believe there should be a Chevrolet entry into that market.

Historic Tidbit:

In 1979 this nation was in the midst of an energy crisis. We had DOUBLE DIGIT inflation -- and mortgage rates were double digit --

.............and that was the year we delivered the largest number of Camaros ever -- 282,000 of them. Yes, times were different - but people buying Camaros and Mustangs do not necessarily look at a car that gets 35mpg.

As to Mustang sales being off? Go look at history once again -- at the end of three years, the sales decay is startling -- go look at any car that's competed in this segment over the past 12 years.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 AM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
show some professionalism.
this just goes to show how totally clueless you are.

Charlie has been ranting for years about the same crap. I personally was hoping he'd run out of ways to rephrase the same points. Guess we're not quite there yet.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Z284ever
You know Scott, you need to cool it. Really.
No...you do, Charlie. Really.