West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

Gauging Interest in the next S.A. Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 11:15 PM

There are at least 2 more people that said they would show up for the dyno day. Nathan, let me know when you want to start collecting as I've been asked already where they can drop off the money. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:51 AM
K!D

Originally posted by AHARTZ28
signature series
Oh ****! I got them authentic too!

Nathan: I'll give you my money on the 15th thats when I get paid

Ben: I want to see your ride! You getting a good deal on that 12 bolt?

Alex

Last edited by K!D; 11-02-2002 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-02-2002, 03:58 PM

Alex I'm getting the 12 bolt from thunder racing, it's just their standard pricing.
Old 11-02-2002, 05:45 PM

Ok here are some more details:

I visited Doug at Dynojet today and got futher info. The day is set for November 23RD starting at 10:00AM. We will rent the dyno that day. Depending on how many people we end up having will determine a few things. First not to repeat myself but because of the problems in the past I will be asking for a $25 deposit to be part of this dyno day. You may either meet me somewhere to leave the deposit or you may email me at ucrazymonkey@cs.com for my home address. Please do not send cash through the mail but a personal check is just fine. I have to talk to Ben, but im sure its ok if you give him the deposit too.

There will be 2 ways to have your car dynoed. First choice is a group of 3 people get together for a one hour period. It will cost $100 for that hour and an extra $10 for the hour if you want the wideband included. I think given the time frame you will only have the chance to pull twice. That allows for each car to have 5 minutes to hook, 5 minutes to unhook and 10 minutes on the dyno. That should be just enough time to allow 2 pulls. So in this case if 3 guys are just running on the dyno to see what there car can do and they are not planning on any tuning this may work. It will come out to $34 each. I know it does not add to exactly $100 but I hope noone complains about a couple of quarters. If the group wanted to go with a wideband included they would be looking at $37 a peice.

There is another route to take. It will include 2 cars to split a 1 hour time frame and each one is responsible for a fee of $50 . This will be for a couple of guys that are out to tune their cars. For an extra $5 a piece they can have the wideband included.

Please post which way you would like to go and I will start a list in here to see how groups are going. The facility is a very nice open place. They have full size arcade games there if you want to bring the kids plus they have a BQ pit and we are welcomed to use it. The building is very large and if it rains we will be allowed to bring are cars in to have dried for the dyno. Should be able to fit at least 6 cars at a time.

We will be renting this by the hour so that is why a $25 deposit is required and also that way will be able to schedule in that day.

The dyno will also graph each gear for us. It will show top speed in each gear before the car is shifted into the next gear. I have heard good things about this shop and look forward to going.
Old 11-02-2002, 05:48 PM

I will keep an updated list on here. This will not be the order that we run but just a count and grouping of the cars.

Group 1: Ucrazymonkey (Nathan)
K!D (Alex)
Old 11-03-2002, 09:07 PM

hey guys i got the morning off, but is there anyone wanting to split the hour 2 ways wideband?
Old 11-03-2002, 10:41 PM

Thanks for the invite, Im get back to you ASAP with a response from our side.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:54 PM

sweeeeeeet. i'm in if the final date is the 23rd or somewhere around there. i'll send email. and ben, i'm emailing you too.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:37 PM

Can we book tuning time?
Old 11-05-2002, 06:34 PM

We will be starting at 10:00 AM. Once we get people that are going to be there we can set times then. Right now the only ones that are comitted are:

Ucrazymonkey
K!D
AHART383Z28

I need to hear from you guys if this is going to work out. I have set it up for us to be there on Saturday November 23rd but I need to see more people that are comitted than this. Please post back if you are.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:42 PM

I can give you a definate answer thursday night. But right now, I have about 4 confirmed.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:27 PM

Nathan I have another 6 that are confirmed as well and 2 are giving me a deposit this week.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:13 PM

Ive thought about this and I think the easiest way is for everyone do do the same thing. You get 1/2 Hour to make as many passes as you need to. That includes your hook up and un hook time. It will cost $50. We will be renting it by the hour there. Depending on how many people we have but I think 10:00 AM is a good start for now. Remember we are able to drive our own cars on the dyno if we want. Also the dyno will be giving us alot more info then we use to get at the other place we have held dyno days.
It is important that everyone understand that they MUST pay 1/2 up front ($25) and then they are required to bring the other $25 the day of the dyno. You may either give me the money or Ben. You may also email me for my address if you want to send a check.
Lets try and get everyone confirmed this week and we can set up times for slots after that.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:36 PM

Dont forget that Alamo Dragway is having the Operation Street Legal heads up races on the 23rd. Gates open at 2pm and anyone participating must be there by 3.30 or so. Its a blast to run, if anyone is interested in going let me know!

Jim
Old 11-06-2002, 02:52 PM

I'll drop off my deposit with Ben this Sat. at the pigstand.

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest in the next S.A. Dyno Day