CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   V6 Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/v6-tech-22/)
-   -   What Intake, Headers, Exhaust, etc...? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/v6-tech-22/what-intake-headers-exhaust-etc-151018/)

deadmeat2004 10-22-2003 12:59 PM

is a custom cai as good as the K&N and otheres that cost $200! I have seen them on ebay for my 95 3.4 and they around 30 bucks + or - . And the link about the ss takeoff exhaust, will that work and sound good on my 3.4??

deadmeat2004 10-29-2003 12:41 PM

.....anybody?

99blackSS 10-29-2003 02:45 PM

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...hreadid=130930

deadmeat2004 10-30-2003 12:35 PM

what about the ss exghust

99blackSS 10-30-2003 04:01 PM

Originally posted by deadmeat2004
what about the ss exhaust
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...007#post100007

WhoBetter? 11-25-2003 05:04 PM

I already have a K&N filter and a flowmaster cat-back, How much gain do you guys think that has given me and how much more will pacesetter headers and the whisper lid give me? Also where should I get the headers and should I try to install them myself or pay someone to do it? How much in labor should it cost? Also I would like to know how much louder the car will be with headers?

93Cam 11-25-2003 06:11 PM

Filter and exhaust probly give u 10-15 at the wheels, 20 if ur super lucky. Headers will give u another 10-15hp, not positive on the whisper but usually intake mods net around 5hp. The headers will make your car loud in a nice way, like ehaust. Jeggs has those headers in stock i believe. As for the install, I would recommend that you look around this site for some installation instructions and judge for yourself if its too difficult. If you have them done at a shop i would say install would be like $200-300.

99blackSS 11-25-2003 07:27 PM

I think 10 rwhp would be lucky with flowmaster cat back and a K&N filter. The K&N doesn't add any power. The lid will probably add 5ish.

99blackSS 12-08-2003 03:06 PM

Re: TB by pass

Originally posted by oil pan 4
All this talk of cold air, who still has hot engine coolant lines still hooked up to there throttle body?
The throttle body bypass is a good mod. I remember a long time ago a person on this board used the LS1 TB bypass kit on there V6, not even sure if it was a 3.4 or 3.8.

Anyways, the throttle body has hot coolant running through it. This helps on cold starts but after the car is warmed up the hot coolant warms up the air going into the throttle body , the warmer air takes away hp. The TB bypass reroutes the coolant line going through the TB. This mod has dyno proven gains of 6rwhp on LS1s, this would probably be about 4rwhp on a 3.8l. Not a good to do this mod if you live in a colder region, some people take of the TB bypass during the winter. It's easiest to just buy a TB bypass kit instead of running around getting the parts. The kits are usually on ebay, $5 is a good price don't pay more then $10. The install isn't very hard, it's just rearranging small radiator hoses.

WhoBetter? 12-23-2003 07:32 PM

It's kind of funny that you say the KN filter doesn't add any power, just because that's suppossed to be the major advatages of it.

Continuing with the headers, ofcourse the flowmaster sounds a little raspy when you rev it in neutral, will headers help to eliminate that or will they make it worse? So lets say I put $600 into my car to get headers and the lid replacement, around how much more power would i have? remember I already have a flowmaster catback and K&N filter, god that was almost $450 already.

99blackSS 12-23-2003 08:21 PM

Originally posted by WhoBetter?
It's kind of funny that you say the KN filter doesn't add any power, just because that's suppossed to be the major advatages of it.
Just trying to set the record straight, I am all for reusable filters but I wanted to clear the whole adds 20hp BS that K&N tries to tell you.

I don't know about the headers effecting the flowmaster sound. If you get full exhaust and the lid you will probably net around 15-20hp at the flywheel.

Super Mario 12-25-2003 04:44 AM

Since I'm new here, I guess I'll just post some info here. It's Xmas and I can't sleep!!!

My SLP CAI was absolutely wonderful on my car. It sounded awesome, and looked very pretty. I'd highly recommend it.

As for the Flowmaster, that was a mistake. I paid 350 for it, and installation was more of a pain in the ass than any other catback I've ever done (the midpipe just didn't wanna fit over the rear)... it sounds pretty good, but after a few months it started shaking around, and I needed to bring it in to a shop to have a few more hangers installed... looking back, I could have gotten a Hooker catback for much cheaper.

1FstFormulaV8 01-06-2004 11:38 PM

Exhaust.

I'm getting another cat-back exhaust for my 1993 Formula LT1. And my friend has a 1994 Camaro 3.4. Could my old SLP Cat-Back fit on his car?

00SilverStar 01-06-2004 11:42 PM

should work fine. I had one of the slp take off setups on my car before i went to the flowmaster.

ReodDai 01-09-2004 10:30 PM

1. K&N filter's main purpose is NOT horsepower gain it is a long lasting reusable filter with superior filtering capabilites.

2. Headers will make your car sound less raspy and better if you put the same exhaust back on (my opinion is it will make it sound better no matter what).

3. With my current mods
Ported Nostrils
Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter
3" Precat Cutout
3" Carsound highflow cat
Pacesetter 3.8 Ceramic Coated Headers

I put 201hp to the ground with the cutout open and 195 with it closed. With just a lid filter and 80 series flowmaster muffler I put 186 to the ground.

Hope this helps you guys.