V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

lol step up and get a V8 some real power!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 09:14 PM

hey big boy why dont you go talk some stuff to the guys on camarov6.com and fullthottlev6.com cuz i can guarintee youll get your *** handed to you by atleast 10 or 15 of them, ive seen atleast 4 that are putting down OVER 500 rwhp, go scam somewhere else, and the reason most ppl run the v6 is not cuz they cant affort it its mainly for a good, fun, economy car, me... i had a choice between a v6 and a z28 either way i chose i had to pay for one of them, payments, insurance, gas, and i just got done replacing my own head gasket, a few valves on my heads, and i threw some headers on and im only 17 and a junior in high school, i chose my car because all in all its cheaper and def harder to modify, z28s and ss's COME pretty fast, my v6.. i have to work my way up to make it fast so more bragging rights, please go to another site and embarass yourself somewhere else
Old 03-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CamaroBoy96Z28
A friend of mine has a heads/cam 97 3.8L. I think its awesome! I personally wouldnt settle for a V6 when I bought my 4th gen and the same goes for my 3rd gen I'm picking up next summer, but I think there should be more V6 enthusiasts. My friend is the only person I've ever known or met with a modded 6, and I think that's a shame.
I think the reason you see less v6 Camaros being modded is because there's a V-8 version that you can get for ~4k used. There just isn't much sense in modding the v6 if you can get the v8 for so little.

On the other hand, go look at the cars that don't have a v-8 option and you'll see a lot more head/cam and FI cars.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:59 PM

Sorry i didnt no everyone one here was a female!!!!

i wasnt knocking anyones car but merely saying being a die hard camaro lover would take owning a 6 like i did before so im not knocking no body but lets be honest kids the 6 is a whole diffrent would of hp ok .. and i got hit at a red light by a chick driving a civic so dnt knock my driving either aight!! iv worked my way from a 6 to a z to a ss and im proud and mommy didnt buy my ss sorry kids but she did buy my 6 and my z lol , and for me the *** who talked about the value of my car i bought it for 13,000 with 60,0000 miles and the only one i could fine with the options i wanted 13,000 for 330hp not bad ok for a mint car! especially when it retailed at 31,000 so everyone stop being so buthurt and lauph a little i respect everyone on here for not being a typical import ******* and staying true to you colors !! aight so im sorry if i offended some!!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSteeleLs1SS
i wasnt knocking anyones car but merely saying being a die hard camaro lover would take owning a 6 like i did before so im not knocking no body but lets be honest kids the 6 is a whole diffrent would of hp ok .. and i got hit at a red light by a chick driving a civic so dnt knock my driving either aight!! iv worked my way from a 6 to a z to a ss and im proud and mommy didnt buy my ss sorry kids but she did buy my 6 and my z lol , and for me the *** who talked about the value of my car i bought it for 13,000 with 60,0000 miles and the only one i could fine with the options i wanted 13,000 for 330hp not bad ok for a mint car! especially when it retailed at 31,000 so everyone stop being so buthurt and lauph a little i respect everyone on here for not being a typical import ******* and staying true to you colors !! aight so im sorry if i offended some!!
so you didnt buy your first two cars, and your insurance probably paid for the car you have now? Hey whatever though , i bought my car myself, fixed it up myself (it was wrecked), paid for all those parts myself, pay for gas and insurance myself (which is just over $100 a month for my little v6, where as it would probably over 200 for a v8), paid for and replaced my clutch myself, and tomorow i will be paying for and replacing my plug wires myself, and im in highschool, working my @ss off, so i can have the one car i love more than any other... a camaro. It's a blast to drive being a m5, has plenty of get up and go to beat most other cars at my highschool (the only that actually come to mind that could probably beat me are a vette, and a 35th ss), and it has the looks that lets everyone know its a camaro, they have no idea its not a v8. I have a camaro, and i love it. I couldnt afford get a v8, so i got the v6, so i could still have a camaro. Most of the people who own v6 camaros on this site are some of the best camaro enthusiasts here, because they probably couldnt get a v8 for some reason, so instead of just not getting a camaro, they got a v6... thats true love for a car that we all come here for...
Old 03-17-2007, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy16
i had to pay for one of them, payments, insurance, gas, and i just got done replacing my own head gasket, a few valves on my heads, and i threw some headers on and im only 17 and a junior in high school, i chose my car because all in all its cheaper and def harder to modify, z28s and ss's COME pretty fast, my v6.. i have to work my way up to make it fast so more bragging rights

all I can say is I wish I had my head on straight when I was in high school....
Old 03-18-2007, 01:01 PM

Man, you are an idiot. Yeah, the site is labeled camaroz28.com. Does that mean since you own an SS, you dont belong here either????
Yeah, my car is a V-6. There is reasoning behind that. I sold my $28,000 jeep and bought this v-6. I could have bought two ss's and still could. There is two reasons why I went v-6.

1. gas mileage. I drive 75 miles every day to get to and from work.
2. Instead of using the money that I have now on an ss or 28, I choose to invest it instead to save for the new ss or z28. I will instead be able to pay half of it down when I go into the showroom.

Now, I dont think that I need to justify to you why I bought my v-6. I just thought I would show you how much of an idiot you are instead for making stupid comments about other peoples property when you have no idea why we make the decisions we do. OK, I am done ranting now. Thank you.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:43 PM

You're an idiot showtime. You don't care if you offended anyone, otherwise you wouldn't have made the thread. It's one thing to say think before you speak, some people just have trouble blurting things out. But when you type something out, you have more than enough time to think about what you're saying. Yet that didn't stop you, did it? Could you be anymore of a hypocrite? Your mommy bought you a v6 and a z28, and she probably paid insurance for both and.....still pays for it on your SS, doesn't she? It's okay, we can't all handle being on our own to understand the basics of the world we live in and out of the house before we're 30....You seem more of a Mustang guy to me, look into that. Oh and don't get all "butt hurt", I still "respect" you .

Old 03-18-2007, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
You seem more of a Mustang guy to me, look into that. Oh and don't get all "butt hurt", I still "respect" you .

ROFL LMAO!!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:38 PM

LOL dude you are a ****ing douschebag... Just because you can buy a car doesn't mean you are more of a man...

From what I can tell you will be one of those guys with a bolt on ls1 that will run high 13s and still think you are the **** to yourself.

But whatever... use a car you bought to define your true self... not a car you built or actions you did to show people your true self.

lol what a ****ing tool.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:04 PM

i´m sorry for you my friend... but i have a friend that have a V-6 with force induccion and.... lives kicking V-8 ***.... but yeah a V-8 always will have more HP, but you don´t have any idea how the V-6 react in the curves here iin Guatemala, the V-8 do not come near the V-6 in curves... you should try some day..... both have there good and bad...... to the end... grow up man,.....
Old 03-19-2007, 11:56 AM

im sorry i really think its great that you guys have a 6 banger but why you on camaro z28.com lol this **** is for real power.. but i got to give it to ya it takes a real camaro lover to own a 6 banger and be proud of it,, hang in there one day you gonna sit at the adult table till then ta ta lol , i had one when i was 16 beat the hell out of it and it last so i cant complain not enuff power at all though in the 3.8 going down a hill you feel some wind , then i went to a Lt1 Z28 loved it exhaust cold air and some tint and your set lol i loved her , shed dead in my drive way totaled and no i married to 1999 SS CAMARO LS-1 which i love ohhhhh so much.. KEEP YOUR HEADS UP SANTA HASNT FORGOT ABOUT YA YET!
I'll race you with mine, naturally aspirated and all. Just hope that your lil LS1 can keep up because it can be quite embarrassing to get outrun by a V6, especially a power adder-less one.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:00 PM

I purchased my v6 for the mileage (about 33mpg hwy at 100+ ) and the fact that the insurance for a v8 is borderline rape for someone under 25 even with a clean record. My v6 is only costing me about $100 a month for full coverage. On top of that I love seeing the look on other people's faces when they get stomped by a v6. It's a win win situation. It is either, "Do you feel big because you just beat a v6?" (note that the utmost sarcasm is intended) or, "Dude, you just got beat by a v6!" Either way I win.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:43 PM

You need some serious lessons in the English language. A dictionary and high school English class can help out a lot! I can hardly understand anything that you attempted to write here. But for the few spots of ideas I managed to make sense of, you are a huge hypocrite. Most people will by the camaro because they love the car. Some respect you have bashing someone that has the same exact type of car as you, but with a smaller engine. Especially after you owned one (courtesy of mom and dad) and decide that you're better than everyone else because you upgraded while mommy and daddy helped you get you on your feet. Who cares which engine is in it, both v8 and v6 owners know that it's the sharpest car on the road.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:18 PM

im sorry i really think its great that you guys have a 6 banger but why you on camaro z28.com lol this **** is for real power.. but i got to give it to ya it takes a real camaro lover to own a 6 banger and be proud of it,, hang in there one day you gonna sit at the adult table till then ta ta lol , i had one when i was 16 beat the hell out of it and it last so i cant complain not enuff power at all though in the 3.8 going down a hill you feel some wind , then i went to a Lt1 Z28 loved it exhaust cold air and some tint and your set lol i loved her , shed dead in my drive way totaled and no i married to 1999 SS CAMARO LS-1 which i love ohhhhh so much.. KEEP YOUR HEADS UP SANTA HASNT FORGOT ABOUT YA YET!
Think before you write, better yet, consult a dictionary before you spell. You keep referring to everyone on here as "kids". Who do you think your talking to, a bunch of toddlers? Well fellas, can we say tool, and no I don't mean the kind you wrench on your car with. At least you tryed to save a little face with your second post on this thread, I guess?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:15 PM

Come back when you are old enough to drink, buddy. Keep selling them Scions.

Quick Reply: lol step up and get a V8 some real power!!!!