V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

Eek! Fake dual pipe exhaust?

Old 12-11-2002, 08:10 PM

Why is it so hard to believe that the SLP exhaust has a baffle in the pipe? It CAME THAT WAY. WHATS SO HARD TO BELIEVE ABOUT IT? I hate it when people think they know everything about someone elses car that they've never seen.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by morb|d
i don't get it. what if this was a factory defect? did anyone think of that? why would you guys just jump down someone's throat like that. it might still be a 'hoax' but if it is, it would be the dumbest one i've seen yet. why would this guy lie about something that makes his car WORSE off? I just don't see the motivation for it.

as far as the pictures, they look pretty consistant to me. i think this guy just wanted to find out if anyone else had this same problem, but instead of being reasonable we're about to lynch him for witchcraft.

like i said. i don't get it...

P.S. i don't know this guy, nore am i defending him. i'm just kinda surprised at the way this whole thing as developed. "Because it is unlikely, it is not possible. GM is infalible." wow.
I agree with morbld its kinda sad to see people jump down this guys throat when he was just asking a question. He thought its was just as wierd as the rest of us. Anyway i think its cool that in the end he proved his point. His car is a 2002 hence the 35th anniversary emblem etc. and his tips are black which more than likely make them stock so the blocked of piece must be stock and if its not there is no reason why he is trying to trick us into thinking it is. If somebody did alter his exuast it probably wasnt him it was more then likely the dealer and there is no reason we should think he is dumb for thinking it is stock since after all it was like that when he bought it brand new.

Anyway that peice looks like it can be removed by pulling out that little coder pin looking thing. Maybe it is more of a sound thing than anything. Well good luck with that and what a sweet ride you have there.