V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

Car wont start, very wierd

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 10:46 PM

Angry Car wont start, very wierd

I have a 2001 3.8l v6 camaro. I have been having ignition problems for some time, i replaced the plugs, the plug wires, a ignition coil, and the ignition control module. Everything has been going great, put new icm in last weekend... drove to school this whole week and worked great. Today after school i started my car and started to head home and my car was running poor, it bogged down under acceleration from a stop but if i got it to 60mph it would cruise decently..It even got bad enough at the stops i would turn car off and then turn it back on and that seemed to help. When i got home i noticed a spark plug wire was just about to come off so i snaped it back on the coil and waalah! It ran great, i decided to ground my subs again since they had quit working ( never properly grounded just put the ground wire close to the spare tire and it always had worked until a week ago) i was messing around with the ground and it was snapping and i was doing this all very close to this black box that says anti theft shock something sensor.. hopped in my car and it started ran a sec or 2 shaky then died.. now it will crank, but wont start. This seems directly related to me messing around trying to find a decent ground for the amp ground wire. Could this of messed my security system up and it is shutting my fuel down? Im getting great spark it sounds like it wants to run it just isnt getting any fuel. How should i go about fixing this... I really appreciate your time, Thanks alot- Clay
Old 03-31-2012, 02:46 PM

Re: Car wont start, very wierd

I am not a professional in any terms but are you sure all the spark wires are tight? push on them hard as you can & make sure they are popped on, you should always use dielectric grease on the connectors as well.

are you sure your amp isn't drawing too much power and not leaving enough juice to run the engine? Try disconnecting the amp again, and if it works have your alternator & battery tested, although it sounds like they are fine because it's cranking

the black box you mention is a shock sensor, it is adjustable with a dial on the box so if someone hits you car it will set-off the alarm, it sholdnt have any effect on this problem, but you can turn it to the minimum sensitivity to be sure

Last edited by Evolution223; 03-31-2012 at 02:54 PM.