V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

just got hit, now some wierd problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:19 AM

just got hit, now some wierd problems

Last night I just got hit (my 2000 red camaro, near mint body condition) but now I have some of the wierdest problems. The accident was in a parking lot so I cant imagine I was hit more than 30 MPH and it was in the front right of the car. the fender was bent in with some of the bumper but the lights (corner and head) are still good.

Im wondering if these could be related to the accident or just coincidence.

First of all, after the accident was repoarted I went on another delivery and when I shifted to fifth, it was as if there was no synch. It just ground its way into fifth, and it doesnt quite feel right either.

That brings up another question I was wondering tonight. I got my camaro at 47k mi and ever since I have had it, when I push the clutch, it will remain at the engine RPM from the last gear for a second or two before dropping down to 1k or lower. Is that a clutch issue or just the way this tranny behaves? My other manual vehicles have always dropped RPM almost right away.

My air conditioner is now leaking water into the passengers floor board. A friend said a tube might now be bent or something because of the fender dent and that would cause the AC to back up and drip in the car instead.

And lastly (I hope) The car would not start this morning. Lights came on, when I turned the key, I got nothin, no sound no crank. So I rolled her down the hill. popped the clutch about three times and two times I got it to start but the engine quickly went down then turned off once I took it out of gear. I was stuck in the street so I moved it out of the way and tried it one more time. This time it kicked in right away. Later at work the same happened where the lights came on but it wouldnt turn. got someone to jump me, but I really dont think that did anything. (didnt turn as if it were easier cause of the other bat. ) So I left it on all night so I wouldnt have to jump it again.

I was wanting to know if anyone might know how these could happen from a front right collision and if its worth telling the shop everything (it should be her fault, but we're waiting on the insurance company to respond). thx
Old 07-05-2005, 09:40 AM

Re: just got hit, now some wierd problems

well.... i would tell them. Might get some of it fixed , the maintaning rev after clutch should be normal i think. Mine does any how. With alot of your other stuff, it CAN depend on how hard you were hit... the a/c could be here, and the battery prob is her. But for the other things, i dont know... good luck...
Old 07-09-2005, 04:17 PM

Couldnt hurt to let her insurance compant know that all these problems magically appeared after she hit you...this is why females shouldnt drive. JK! Oh, and the impact was more than likely around 5-7mph. 30mph and you wouldnt hafta worry about small things not working, youd be car shopping right now.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:19 PM

I just dont see how fifth gear could have been in synch before and now its not. but, if the shop doesnt know the difference, it wont matter