CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Track Kill Stories (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/track-kill-stories-15/)
-   -   Raced a 2007 Suzuki Hayabusa (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/track-kill-stories-15/raced-2007-suzuki-hayabusa-744147/)

bkpliskin 04-12-2010 09:06 PM

Just an afterthough I had...

You should have started this thread and said you had a bone stock LS1 and you walked away from the Hyabusa. Nobody would doubt you. LOL

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jameslt1TA 04-12-2010 10:44 PM

Lol i must have worded this wrong...i never did pass this busa. he jumped out on me right away and stayed a few cars in front of me. I know i posted inthe kill section but thats just cause i was happy that i kept up with him. I need to get the car dyno tuned and get a 12 bolt with 3.73s and then ill race him again.

Oh and lol at the stock ls1 beating it.

bkpliskin 04-13-2010 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jameslt1TA (Post 6329759)
Lol i must have worded this wrong...i never did pass this busa. he jumped out on me right away and stayed a few cars in front of me. I know i posted inthe kill section but thats just cause i was happy that i kept up with him. I need to get the car dyno tuned and get a 12 bolt with 3.73s and then ill race him again.

Oh and lol at the stock ls1 beating it.

I'm glad you enjoyed my "Bone Stock LS1 can beat anything" humor.

dren70 07-09-2010 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jameslt1TA (Post 6311288)
thats were he stayed up to 170mph or so.

What tranny and rear end combo allows you to go 170 mph??

Jameslt1TA 07-10-2010 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by dren70 (Post 6414624)
What tranny and rear end combo allows you to go 170 mph??

3.23s and a six speed. 5800rpm is roughly 173mph in 5th gear.

crushah 07-12-2010 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by bkpliskin (Post 6314712)
There are N/A LT1's that have trapped close to that. I know everyone always references him, but it's always the first that comes to mind, Joe Overton. In a 388 N/A LT1 IIRC. Also, there are plenty of LT1's in the 140+ category, so pulling on a 'busa from a roll wouldn't be that hard to believe. Considering it takes a very very very good driver to run a 'busa to its full potential in the 1/4 mile. Being a split second off on shifts can cost you quite a bit. *(that's why I go auto FTW)* :lol:

Also:
http://www.advancedinduction.com/
http://www.advancedinduction.com/Gilbert.html

bkpliskin 07-14-2010 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by crushah (Post 6416683)

EXACTLY! people talk so much crap on LT1's. This guy, with an almost 3600lb raceweight is trapping 151.5mph in a 396ci LT1 with a 100shot. The WORLDS FASTEST NA LSX Fbody is only running 155mph with 427ci. If only someone would start putting out the big cube LTX blocks it would be a whole different ballgame.

OVA1 07-16-2010 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jameslt1TA (Post 6311288)
A friend of mine has had this bike for awhile so he knows how to ride. I gave him a ride in my 97 camaro and he said it was comparable to his bike. I could not believe this so we had to race a few times. First time was from a 3rd gear roll at 3000 rpms(i should have been in second), he immediatly pulled 4 cars on me and thats were he stayed up to 170mph or so. This was the fastest ive ever been in a car and was scarred to death lol. The second race was from a 1st gear roll at about 4500rpms. He put about 3 cars on me this time and stayed there up to 140mph, didnt have any want to go faster lol. Finally we decided to go from a stop and i got the jump on him, but he still but 2 cars on me and stayed there.

I was running 11.50 wide et streets and stock rims all around. I would spin all the way through 3rd gear. I can't beleive the stock 3.23 ten bolt is still holding up. I know if i could get some better traction i would be atleast even if not in front of him. Overall it was the great losing to one of the fastest production bikes by only a few cars. I cant wait to race a 600 or 750 rocket lol.

Oh and if you want to call me stupid for going this fast on the road, we were only endangering ourselves as the roads were deserted. We had a friend go a few miles down the road to make sure nobody was coming. And ya i already know im stupid for going that fast.

Sweet run brother...

No shame in pulling up the rear on that monster.

Sounds like ya did your due diligence; be safe and live to have fun... and never forget Rule#1. Don't screw someone else out of their right to have fun...

crushah 07-17-2010 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by bkpliskin (Post 6419625)
EXACTLY! people talk so much crap on LT1's. This guy, with an almost 3600lb raceweight is trapping 151.5mph in a 396ci LT1 with a 100shot. The WORLDS FASTEST NA LSX Fbody is only running 155mph with 427ci. If only someone would start putting out the big cube LTX blocks it would be a whole different ballgame.

AI is the S@!T!! I had Karl Ellewein do the bottom-end (all forged with custom coated ROSS dish pistons) and AI did my top end, complete with a NEXTEL cup top-end/valve job. The engine is built for forced induction with 8:7:1 comp, and according to the builder who's done a few, it should still get 530-600 rwhp on motor.

I still have lots of suspension mods to buy along with a dyno tune. I'll be getting it to the track next month and will post times. I don't know if I'll get around to getting all of the suspension mods this summer, but I do have some E/T streets on the back... so that should help. Plan to S/C or turbo it next year.