CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Track Kill Stories (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/track-kill-stories-15/)
-   -   Lude vs LS1 What you think? (VIDEO) (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/track-kill-stories-15/lude-vs-ls1-what-you-think-video-253838/)

dist0rtion_69 05-10-2004 07:32 PM

dist0rtion_69

First of all I chose 130mph because thats what you said I do beleive you are now admiting thats on teh extreme side and was used to exalt the ls1 to make it seem really ****ing good. now here is where I am calling you an idiot. I didnot say or imply ls1's wont trap 125 with heads cam and spray, I my self have done that several times. but I notice how you keep using your lowest number to help adjust your point because you see how you sound. I also like how you came out and directly said that I said. an ls1 wont trap 125 with heads cam and a power adder...

as far as a stock lude on 9psi. it still doesnt tell you at all how much power it will make// here is a quick question.. what what will the following turbos make on a stock prelude at 9psi. an sc61 with a t3 housing and .69 a/r a to4b .54 trim with a .48 a/r. and a t76 with a t4 housing and a .82 exhaust wheel??? answer those questions and tell me how much power.. seeing that turbo size/specs and tune has NOTHING to do with final output. only the PSI.

and to conclude. you asked me to do my reasrch on ls1tech?... have you even got to my level yet? you mod list consist of **** that I consider minor bolt ons suitable for someones little neice I am building a twin turbo ls6, I am already out of your league little boy. if you wanna know anything about cars just send me a PM until then let grown folks argue. btw lemme know how much power those 200mph white face guages added

p.s because I strongly beleive you still dont understand what i said I will use an extreme graphical example of what I am saying..THESE TURBOS will not make the same power pound for pound. 9psi on the bigger one is compressing a larger amount of air. do u understand that?

I said 125-130.. Its a range.. If I said guys had dicks ranging size 3"-15". That would mean the average dick is still 6". And since your pussy enough to be arguing like a woman, your probably drooling over my analogy.

I don't use my lowest number to prove my point. I already stated H/C cars have trapped 130.. MUCH LESS with spray. Idiot. Please read again, and tell me what part of my last examples you didn't understand. I do however understand not all cars are the same and some will run 125, some will run 130.

I said a rough idea with the turbo. What do you think ones going to make 400rwhp and one 250rwhp numbnuts? I can tell you right now that a stock prelude motor 9 psi isn't going to run with a heads/cam/spray ls1. The end. That isn't even rough idea, thats just common sense.

You are "building a twin turbo ls6" and I'm out of your league? Call me up when you actually get it done.. asswipe.. Everybody and their brother is "building" something. Talk **** after its done, not while you have a turbo laying on the table and want to act like you're a badass.

Again.. my point is.. A heads/cam/spray ls1 would have slaughtered that prelude 9psi on stock engine.. The end. You can continue arguing with yourself about something that you should know the answer too.. However, I would seek therapy with your arguing problem, because you know this is the truth.. and trying to get into whose got the biggest dick arguments over your turbo setup doesn't prove anything other than your just arguing for the sake of argument. You know damn well that prelude doesn't trap 125-130 with 9psi on a stock engine regardless of which turbo you strap on it.

"well first you can't count the driver, because the Z/28 ain't gonna drive by itself either. so if you add a 200 lb driver in the Prelude, then you have to do the same to the Z/28.

turbo piping is not that much weight. the manifold is just an inverted header, so it's the same weight almost...might even be lighter if the stock header is iron and you're swapping to alluminum....then you got some extra pipes connecting to the turbo. maybe 150-200 lbs for everything including intercooler."

My car weighed what you listed WITH driver.. With no weight reduction and all power options. This guy also has some weight reduction modifications. Such as lightass rims.

Josh

cndctrdj 05-10-2004 08:00 PM

if you listen to the original video it doesn't sound like either car has half the poweer they are saying they do. listen the the cars that ls1 sounds slow the prelude didn't sound like it had much done either.... but thats just my 2 cents

KamaroL98 05-10-2004 08:09 PM

That still dosent look like a 400+hp Z28 at all in the 1st video. :o It looks like it could be a 400hp camaro on the second video, the civic might run somewhere like high 12s best and the Z28 mid 13s on motor and low 12s on nitrous.... Its very questionable.

So, i asked my buddy whos pushing 28lbs of boost into his acura, i figure he would know about where a stock prelude pushing 9lbs of boost would be. He said a stock lude with 9lbs will have around 220hp and mabey run 13.80s with a mph of like 98-102. :p So i dont believe its just a stock lude with only 9psi.

87camracer 05-10-2004 09:08 PM

Originally posted by dist0rtion_69
I said 125-130.. Its a range.. If I said guys had dicks ranging size 3"-15". That would mean the average dick is still 6". And since your pussy enough to be arguing like a woman, your probably drooling over my analogy.

I don't use my lowest number to prove my point. I already stated H/C cars have trapped 130.. MUCH LESS with spray. Idiot. Please read again, and tell me what part of my last examples you didn't understand. I do however understand not all cars are the same and some will run 125, some will run 130.
thats fine and dandy but this heads and cam car DIDNT trap 125-130. it makes 400rwhp. unless hes running a completely gutted car there is NO WAY IN HELL he is trapping those speeds. local guys with 420-430 arent trapping that.

I said a rough idea with the turbo. What do you think ones going to make 400rwhp and one 250rwhp numbnuts? I can tell you right now that a stock prelude motor 9 psi isn't going to run with a heads/cam/spray ls1. The end. That isn't even rough idea, thats just common sense.
the fact that you equate a psi number to overall horsepower and trap speed should cancel any arguement you may ever have on this board. 9 psi from a t04e is going to be COMPLETELY different than 9 psi from a T76. end of story. you CANT argue that and if you try to you are a damn moron. you cant realistically judge a car without knowing its full modifications list and knowing about each part. thats like saying all heads and cam ls1s will trap 125-130...errr wait...see how that sounds? what heads? what cam? it could have an ls1 hotcam and a set of stock ls6 heads. fact is you cant name off a generic name for something and expect it to be something special.

You are "building a twin turbo ls6" and I'm out of your league? Call me up when you actually get it done.. asswipe.. Everybody and their brother is "building" something. Talk **** after its done, not while you have a turbo laying on the table and want to act like you're a badass.
you might want to be a little more aware of what you are talking about before you run your mouth off. one of these days thats going to come back and bite you in the ass. plain and simple, DONT TALK SH*T ON SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING OF.

Again.. my point is.. A heads/cam/spray ls1 would have slaughtered that prelude 9psi on stock engine.. The end. You can continue arguing with yourself about something that you should know the answer too.. However, I would seek therapy with your arguing problem, because you know this is the truth.. and trying to get into whose got the biggest dick arguments over your turbo setup doesn't prove anything other than your just arguing for the sake of argument. You know damn well that prelude doesn't trap 125-130 with 9psi on a stock engine regardless of which turbo you strap on it.
again quit with the generic bullsh*t. thats all it is, bullsh*t. "well my modded car will take your modded car" thats what you sound like. well this car with aftermarket heads and cam should be faster than that car with a turbo pushing 9psi. what heads? what cam? what turbo? you leave out way too many details just so your sorry excuse for an arguement holds something ressembling ground. fact is, 9 psi on a 2JZ-GTE with a T88 will make TOTALLY different numbers than a 2jz with a t04e pushing 9 psi. the amount of air the turbo FLOWS will have a greater bearing on performance. and thats not even mentioning the turbos efficiency range. i suggest you actually do research what you are talking about before you talk.

o and your car weighed 3k lbs? what did you take out? or what were you even talking about there?:confused:

87camracer 05-10-2004 09:12 PM

Originally posted by KamaroL98
That still dosent look like a 400+hp Z28 at all in the 1st video. :o It looks like it could be a 400hp camaro on the second video, the civic might run somewhere like high 12s best and the Z28 mid 13s on motor and low 12s on nitrous.... Its very questionable.

So, i asked my buddy whos pushing 28lbs of boost into his acura, i figure he would know about where a stock prelude pushing 9lbs of boost would be. He said a stock lude with 9lbs will have around 220hp and mabey run 13.80s with a mph of like 98-102. :p So i dont believe its just a stock lude with only 9psi.

so when a honda takes out a camaro both built by the SAME speed shop its BS? i wont even mention the fact that there was a mod list posted in THIS thread containing the camaros mods cuz i guess that list is made up and the camaro was stock.

again psi is irrelevant in this situation. it means NOTHING. its a number. i would also like to know what kind of turbo your buddy is running with 28 lbs of boost and what kind of numbers hes making.

AGAIN, WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT THE INDIVIDUAL MODS ON THE LUDE, PSI MEANS NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY ZERO.

KamaroL98 05-10-2004 09:19 PM

Hey, im just saying what my buddy said a stock lude with just 9lbs of boost will do. This group has built some really fast acura/hondas and have been for a long time.

Lude - turbo with 9lbs
Z28- lid and ported Maf

Thats all i saw listed as mods o nthe video...

87camracer 05-10-2004 09:24 PM

i started to see if this thread contianed the link to the prelude dyno numbers but i decided i would post them anyway. so here it is:

http://www.solid-technology.com/brian/preludedyno.jpg

379whp and 306wtq

now heres the camaro dyno sheet:

http://www.solid-technology.com/dynos/camarodyno.jpg

400rwhp and 393rwtq

thats a difference of 21 whp. but yet the prelude weighs ATLEAST 500 lbs less. i guess the words POWER TO WEIGHT mean nothing to the naysayers in this thread. face it. the camaro lost plain and simple to the prelude. these dyno sheets and the cars overall weight and its powerband prove why.

87camracer 05-10-2004 09:28 PM

Hey, im just saying what my buddy said a stock lude with just 9lbs of boost will do. This group has built some really fast acura/hondas and have been for a long time.

Lude - turbo with 9lbs
Z28- lid and ported Maf

Thats all i saw listed as mods o nthe video...

# ompletely Stock Motor
# Solid Technology Custom Turbo Setup:

* SFP Manifold (HPC Ceramic Coated)
* AGP Garrett T3/T04e Turbo (Ceramic Coated)
* Tial 35mm Wastegate
* Custom 2.5 inch Downpipe
* Custom 2.25 inch Intercooler Piping
* 780cc Siemen Deka Injectors
* Turbo XS Type-H Blow Off Valve
* Custom-Spec IRC Intercooler with 24x8x3.5 Spearco Core
* Turbo XS High Performance Boost Controller
* Custom 3-inch Mandrel Exhaust
* Magnaflow 3 Inch Muffler
* AEM Fuel Rail
* C&R Racing Radiator with 11-inch SPAL Fan
* MSD Blaster SS Coil
* NGK Spark Plugs and Magnecore Plug Wires
* Hondata s200 Standalone on Solid Technology chipped P72 ECU
* Aasco Aluminum Flywheel
* ACT HDSS Clutch
* 255lph High Pressure Fuel Pump
* MSD 6A Ignition
* Quaife Limited Slip Differential
* Mickey Thompson 22x8x15 Slicks (old)
* Forbidden Motorsports Short Shifter

KamaroL98 05-10-2004 09:29 PM

Ok, now how is he achieveing that with just 9lbs of boost? Thats the part alot of people are still cloudy about.

87camracer 05-10-2004 09:41 PM

Ok, now how is he achieveing that with just 9lbs of boost? Thats the part alot of people are still cloudy about.
honda motors respond VERY nicely to boost provided you know what the hell you are doing. plus that motor has pretty much any mod you can think of without going internal besides cams and maybe aported head. i personally believe it.

also, like me and geoff have said, 9psi doesnt mean much. what means more is if the turbo is operating in its efficiency range as well as how much air it flows. boost is a measure of resistance the air entering the motor has. thats why a turbo ls1 can run 10psi on a bone stock motor and make 450 theoretical rwhp and then put on ported LQ4 heads and a turbo spec cam as well as say a FAST intake and make 550 theoretical rwhp at 7 psi. the resistance is less therefore it takes less boost pressure to make more hp.

in part the actual flow rate (in CFM) as well as turbo size and efficency means more than actual boost pressure.

KamaroL98 05-10-2004 09:45 PM

I showed him the video and mod list, and he said the Lude can run best is high 12s with that turbo.. In my opinion it looks like two 13 second cars. I got to believe him, becaus that just dont move like a 400hp camaro. So i feel sorry for him if he had to have a speed shop installe an Air lid for him.

RawAzzLT1 05-10-2004 10:55 PM

[i]the fact that you equate a psi number to overall horsepower and trap speed should cancel any arguement you may ever have on this board. 9 psi from a t04e is going to be COMPLETELY different than 9 psi from a T76. end of story. you CANT argue that and if you try to you are a damn moron. [/B]

thats all I got to say.

RawAzzLT1 05-10-2004 10:56 PM

I showed him the video and mod list, and he said the Lude can run best is high 12s with that turbo.. In my opinion it looks like two 13 second cars. I got to believe him, becaus that just dont move like a 400hp camaro.
what about this car. does this look like a low 13 second car or an 11 second link

sorry I just wanted an reason to post that :) facts are facts that z28 makes 400hp. and it got beat by a Prelude on low boost.

KamaroL98 05-10-2004 11:03 PM

It looked faster then the prelude for sure.

RawAzzLT1 05-10-2004 11:06 PM

I am amazed out how insecure people are here. someone posts thier fbody running 11 flat. he gets "thats nice, wish my car was running like that, awesome etc.." post a honda running 10.80's and you get "so what? there is a faster camaro out there somewhere. he probably spent 50 grand to do that" Im sorry fbody owners dont even have the maturity to accept these things.