Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

h22-turbo civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 07:59 PM

h22-turbo civic

hey guys, i was at the local car meet tonight with some of my buddies(one of who just bought an 87 buick gn with 22,000km, all original and the original tires and rims with it). anyhow, there is the older greek guy, around 50, who has the silver civic that he had built with an h22 block with a turbo and all that. clean car, but i have no idea why it would bring it to the meet. anyhow, this guy wanted to race me last year. he was always talking about his car beat this and beat that including a newer z06. so i pull up one day with my car at his restruant(with old setup, stock bottom end, ported heads and a powerdyne pushing about 5psi,headers and exhaust) and ask him if he wants to race and he says no. so im like why and he pulls out his one and only timeslip from the track that weekend and shows it to me. 16.??. i started to laugh.

so, he shows up tonight and there a guy there with a blue 3rd gen with a mean 383 thats putting out over 600hp at the crank. so mr.civic goes over to him and asks him if he wants to race........from 100km/h to 300km/h. people were laughing. i couldnt beleive it, so my buddy with the gn knows mr.civic and goes over and tells him that all the cars there are light to light cars, not town to town cars. and mr.civic starts telling him about how he beat a viper on the highway last week.

well this just got my blood pumping. so thats it, my car is so close to being done that im taking off a few days next week and getting her done so that next saterday, ill be ready. ill meet him halfway at 50km/h and i dont think ill have to worry about getting to 300km/h as it will be over fast and i will finally shut this guy up. everyone talks about him, but its like no one wants to be the guy that loses to him. i know his car is quick and most people just dont want to be bothered with him but he wont stop talkin till someone beats him.

so if all goes well this week, i should have a a good story for you all, and ill ask one of my buddies to video it from my car.

Last edited by zl1dreams; 07-25-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:41 AM

Wtf i read all that and you didn't even race him yet? This is the track kills stories section not the pre-track kills stories or wait until next week for story section.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 PM

yeah wtf dude, hand in the man card for this one.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:32 PM

A kid I know has a boosted h22 hatch running low 10s all day, he's really close to breaking into the 9s but hasn't yet, if they are built right they can be damn fast
Old 07-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by davidz28guy
if they are built right they can be damn fast
That's true of every car ever made.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:56 PM

sorry for the pre race write up, just wanted to get some input. im going to pick up the rest of my parts this afternoon and and if all goes well, ill be running by sunday. the car is at my buddies body shop. i leave it there cause i can use all his tools and his lift as well. i was hoping for it to be done paint this week but that wont happen so i guess ill run it half painted half in primer. all i have left is to put in the dual fuel pump, air oil seperator from pcv to suck side of blower and mount my breather tank. so like i said , if all goes well.......there might be a race this weekend.