Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

1st race in Tejas !

Old 10-10-2008, 03:58 PM

1st race in Tejas !

Well, after sitting in storage for the past 3+ years (I've only put about 100 miles on this car in the past 3 years) it feels really good to actually drive this damn thing..... I transported the car to Dallas last week and I have driven it almost every night for about an hour each time. It really needed some good ranged driving at different speeds to reset the PCM and all the tables. I'm going to put some fresh NGK copper plugs, and a new set of O2 sensors just to make sure this thing is on point.

The fun has already started, I went out tonight (again ) for about 45 minutes and snagged my first taste of the what the DF dub streets have to offer on a regular basis. I have been just keeping to myself the last week driving the car and watching the fluids to make sure everything was correct with the vehicle. Tonight, I just could not resist the tempting offer to get into it with a MIDNIGHT BLUE M6 coupe with paddle shift.

Short paraphrase:
I'm running along the service road by the DNT (Dallas North Tollway) around Alpha road and I decide it's time to do a U-turn under the DNT to go home. What does the eye spy just as I was ready to call it a night, M6 BMW coupe. I decided to see if they were game. Pulled up behind the car on the U-turn under the DNT and cracked the throttle just enough to let him know I was interested to see what would happen ? Well, as we both pull out onto the northbound service road, I'm a car behind his bumper in 1st at 2500 rpm's and it was almost like he was waiting for me to jump on it. So, right as I hit it, he jumped on the M6 a split second before me ( The exhaust on the M6 sounds nasty when you get into it! ) and immediately by 3800 ish I had stopped his pull and actually started to reel him into my nose by 6000 rpm's. Banged 2nd gear and brought my nose all the way from his rear bumper to the middle of his front tire around 5,500 rpm's and he jammed on the brakes hard ( with a thumbs up out his window ) and made a quick F1 style turn into a steakhouse parking lot along DNT. I must say, the LTx felt good, but I was not sure how I would fare against 500 ish horses of BMW V10 M6 !

I suspect that the M6 really starts to stretch it's legs around 90 to 100 mph ? If we had cracked triple digits up on tollway I'm pretty sure I would not have liked the results above 120 ish ! Either way, the dude had a phat azz ride and gave props at the same time. Great night..... in Tejas !