Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

01 trans am vs 2010 camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 01:21 AM

01 trans am vs 2010 camaro SS

here is the senerio

I was giving my buddy a drive in the 01 with minor mods, borla cb, free mods, hurst shifter, and ws6 wheels. During the drive which was already involved with a couple 10-110 pulls, I came accross a new 2010 SS just going through the intersection in the opposite direction, I had the oppotunity to flip a bitch so i did (with some peer pressure from the passenger).

For some info on the road it is a 2 lane road that has 4 stop lights all of which are flashing red and about a mile apart from each other, but getting back to the story, after I made the U-turn I immediately tried to catch up and pull along side the new SS. as soon as I got along side it we were just approaching the first stop light. For some reason the driver decided to make a half *** stop and rolled right through it so I kinda followed and immediately i noticed the nose of the SS pick up so I Immediately get on it. At this point she was already about a car ahead and I was just bearly falling behind. It was a little weird though as soon as i hit 3rd gear i started to pull a little bit shortening the gap but not enough to win the first so called race.

The next light was much better since i was able to communicate with the driver which i found out was a late 30's early 40's blonde woman! I rolled the window and told her 3 honks go, which she agreed to with a head nod. So right on the 3rd honk we went, I got a better launch and pulled about a 1/2 to 3/4 of a car through 1st, 2nd gear I was expecting her to close the gap a little but to my surprise she stayed right at my quarter panel (my buddy was going crazy at this point) then shifting into 3rd I pulled another 1/2 car away from her, when she then let out of the gas ending the race.

We pulled up to the next light and again same thing this time she was much closer to me having a much bettter launch, and quicker shifts which seemed to be holding her back in the last race. she was right at my door the whole race until the end of second when she let out, didnt seem like she misssed a shift it seemed as though she was done racing lol.

The last light we pulled up to we were making a left turn so we waited for her to get next to us so we could do the whole "nice car, and good race" followed up with a thumbs up and smile while making the left turn.

my story passing it on to you guys

Jeremy
Old 12-17-2009, 07:13 AM

sounds about right. New ones have more power and more weight so it evens out.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:18 AM

Sounded like a good time. Very nice.

I can't wait to put the boots to one of the new SS Camaro's. Just to say I did it.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:41 AM

She deserves props for not only being able to drive that well but actually doing it too!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:26 AM

Good races, nice to see a LS1 pull on a new camaro like that. Atleast the other driver was a good sport about it.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:57 AM

Nice... It's great to hear the new Camaros are rolling out for some friendly comp with their older siblings.

It won't be long tho' and the mods will be taking up the slack; and what FUN that will be!

Thanks for sharin' the experience.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:19 PM

I pulled next to a red one the other day only to find it was a v6; the driver wanted no part of my car. I can't wait to pull beside a ss; I hope he/she will go for it, as my car sounds fairly modified.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:55 PM

i put a beating on a new M6 SS. no thumbs up. just a middle aged man giving me dirty looks.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:21 PM

Great story. With all the powerful cars Detroit is putting out these days it's refreshing to hear about a lighter and less powerful car laying the smack down.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:01 PM

I found out first hand how heavy 5th gens are, just like stated above it pretty much evens out. That's one of the reasons why i'm sticking with my 4 gen, lighter and cheaper
Old 12-26-2009, 01:39 PM

I am suprised at how heavy and slow the new SS's are. Very dissapointing.......
Old 12-26-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by 1BadAzzGT
I am suprised at how heavy and slow the new SS's are. Very dissapointing.......
Slow? They're N/A and they're 12 second cars bone stock. That's faster than any Camaro SS or Mustang GT ever produced. How is that slow?
Old 12-26-2009, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by bkpliskin
Slow? They're N/A and they're 12 second cars bone stock. That's faster than any Camaro SS or Mustang GT ever produced. How is that slow?
I've not seen any run 12 at the track last year especially a bone stock one.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by 1BadAzzGT
I've not seen any run 12 at the track last year especially a bone stock one.
In the hands of the right driver, there are a ton of people who have had their's in the high 12's. Even the magazines have gotten 12's out of them.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by bkpliskin
In the hands of the right driver, there are a ton of people who have had their's in the high 12's. Even the magazines have gotten 12's out of them.
I haven't said that it's not been done just that I haven't seen it is all. I played around with one this past summer and wasn't really impressed but then again, I guess if he had more mods (s/c or spray?) it would be a little more fair......

Quick Reply: 01 trans am vs 2010 camaro SS