CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Track Kill Stories (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/track-kill-stories-15/)
-   -   '00 mustang Gt? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/track-kill-stories-15/00-mustang-gt-410702/)

IdahoLT1 11-18-2005 07:25 PM

'00 mustang Gt?

i was on my way home from school about a week ago and i saw this white stang weaving through traffic. i finally caught up to him at a light and glanced over and saw dual exhaust but no badges. i couldnt tell if it was a gt or a 6 cuz my exhaust was alot louder than his. i see him look over at my car car and back at the road so i didnt think he wants to race and i couldnt hear a rev. the light turns green and i see his bottom squat, so i punch it and spin through 1st and part of 2nd and by 60mph i was 2-3 cars ahead. at that point i let off cuz i knew it was a 6 cyl and theres alot of cops around that area and i already have a 60 in a 35 ticket. i roll my window down and when he catches up he asks me if it was a v6 and i said no its a formula. Hes like "oh, i was like wtf?" apparently he had a chip, exhaust, k&n fipk and headers. pretty quick for the v6 but still... its a v6. pretty cool guy just that money could been spent better than a v6 mustang, maybe on a gt or he could get a real car and get an f-body

Bersaglieri 11-18-2005 09:12 PM

Re: '00 mustang Gt?

Oh man good kill. I thought you were going to say it turned out to be a GT anyways, since thats about how you should pull on a 4.6 :D

I have beaten alot of 4.6's, one time they guy talked to me afterwards and asked me what he could buy for his 99-04 GT to get as fast as my car. I told him dont waste the money, go buy a F-body. BTW he was an off duty cop :eek:

-Dustin-

Jazsun 11-18-2005 11:28 PM

gotta love them formulas..what an idiot for not noticing the exhaust note. Thats why I wish I would have kept my stock exhaust and just added an e-cutout in which could be opened seconds before racing.

IdahoLT1 11-19-2005 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
Oh man good kill. I thought you were going to say it turned out to be a GT anyways, since thats about how you should pull on a 4.6 :D

I have beaten alot of 4.6's, one time they guy talked to me afterwards and asked me what he could buy for his 99-04 GT to get as fast as my car. I told him dont waste the money, go buy a F-body. BTW he was an off duty cop :eek:

-Dustin-

yea i know, my car doesnt hook up on our shi**y roads like it does on our track. plus he got me off the line cuz i wasnt payin attention and with his mods hes just a little shy of a 4.6 as far as hp at the crank goes. but the look on his face was priceless

IdahoLT1 11-19-2005 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jazsun
gotta love them formulas..what an idiot for not noticing the exhaust note. Thats why I wish I would have kept my stock exhaust and just added an e-cutout in which could be opened seconds before racing.

wheres your cutout at? i wanted one but wasnt sure if i would lose that lt1 torque with the back pressure loss. my y-pipe got disconnected this summer when i hit a speed bump at the wrong angle and my exhaust was louder than s***. made a few pricks in their beamers put their top back up after i dropped a gear and passed them but it was a dog and i was afraid to go wot. not sure if it would hurt the engine.

Antz97ZNJ 11-19-2005 08:54 AM

Good Kill. You guys are harsh, 99 up 4.6's arent that bad w/ the right mods and driver... Especially compared to a Lt1

Antz97ZNJ 11-19-2005 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by IdahoLT1
wheres your cutout at? i wanted one but wasnt sure if i would lose that lt1 torque with the back pressure loss. my y-pipe got disconnected this summer when i hit a speed bump at the wrong angle and my exhaust was louder than s***. made a few pricks in their beamers put their top back up after i dropped a gear and passed them but it was a dog and i was afraid to go wot. not sure if it would hurt the engine.

I had one on my red 96, Placed it right after the cat...Really didnt like it, the car sounded like a damn dump truck...Didnt notice any torque loss but a definate power increase

Kris93/95Z28 11-19-2005 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Antz97ZNJ
I had one on my red 96, Placed it right after the cat...Really didnt like it, the car sounded like a damn dump truck...Didnt notice any torque loss but a definate power increase

That's the problem, you should have placed it right before the I Pipe goes over the axle.

Jazsun 11-19-2005 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kris93/95Z28
That's the problem, you should have placed it right before the I Pipe goes over the axle.

Thats where mne is, it sounds sweet as hell. Inside the car is sounds like a truck, but outside of the car its completely diffrent and sounds like real muscle. I think there is a power increase. I cant see you losing any power since you still have a y-pipe and cat to create some backpressure, but I am bad at judging SOTP gains. The cutout really helps pull uptop in the high rpms when there is all that exhaust needing to go somewhere.

1BadAzzGT 11-19-2005 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by IdahoLT1
i was on my way home from school about a week ago and i saw this white stang weaving through traffic.

That's all I had to read and knew it was an ass driving the rustang. Good job. ;)

1BadAzzGT 11-19-2005 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Antz97ZNJ
Good Kill. You guys are harsh, 99 up 4.6's arent that bad w/ the right mods and driver... Especially compared to a Lt1

B.S. Well all know those 4.6's are slow turds.
j/k :D

HardcoreRM125 11-20-2005 12:45 AM

We all also know that Antz chimes in everytime someone talks **** on the mustang ... hehe j/k. Usually your posts are entertaining.

If a 4.6 is modded right they can be wicked.

Stock for stock, their slightly slower than a LT1 car in good tune.

Mod for Mod, the LT1 car starts to shine :D

No replacement for displacement

I got burned up by one one time realy bad. I came off the line, pulled a car length, and by the top of second, begginging of third ( So like 75 ish ) He had me by at least 6 or 7 carlengths ...

Ended up being a Paxton under that hood, real cool kid though. It was 8 PSI on a otherwise stock car ( With an exhaust too I think ? But NOT headers :rolleyes: )

Antz97ZNJ 11-20-2005 08:11 AM

That's all I had to read and knew it was an ass driving the rustang. Good job.
:lol:

yea the Lt1 might be slightly faster but after driving both cars(test drove a new 03 GT 5spd) the stang felt much more solid..Also I thought it had a better interior, plus w/ the right exhaust parts sounds ten times better then a fbody..Ill take a roasting or two from a LS1 and still be just fine w/ what I have...theres always someone faster.. we'll maybe not in tims case :lol: .I Like both cars equally, as far as fbodies go been there wore that tshirt...change is good.

1BadAzzGT 11-20-2005 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by HardcoreRM125
No replacement for displacement

Bah. Have you ever heard of the Grand National? :bow:

Antz97ZNJ 11-20-2005 12:26 PM

Yes as of late it seems like FI is the perfect replacement for displacment