CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-47/)
-   -   sfc possible answer to problem? and advice needed (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-47/sfc-possible-answer-problem-advice-needed-866664/)

alliance12364 06-17-2012 11:38 PM

sfc possible answer to problem? and advice needed

ok well i have a problem thats very scary at higher speeds, when i check my quarter times on my backyard dragstrip, my ass end feels like its floating left and right and its realy sketchy at 100+mph. also when i go over bumps and train crossings i hear a loud clunk from the drivers side rear. everythings tight and looks well under the car, but i noticed my very clean car is forming dents in the drivers side quarter panel. idk what the problem can be. i was thinkung maybe sub frame connecters would help fix this problem. what do u guys think?

also what ones are the easyest to install and will clear my exhaust. (i want 3 point sfc)

pacesetter lt, 3'' y pipe, borla adj catback.
umi tunnel brace adj torque arm, umi lca, umi panhard. qa1 fronts (lowered alot), qa1 rears (stock springs)

Injuneer 06-18-2012 05:30 AM

Re: sfc possible answer to problem? and advice needed

Side-to-side movement of the rear of the car is controlled by the panhard rod. Sounds like yours may need new buhings. The dents are not an unheard of problem with the Camaros, although I thought they were mainly on the pasenger side.

alliance12364 06-18-2012 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer (Post 6909018)
Side-to-side movement of the rear of the car is controlled by the panhard rod. Sounds like yours may need new buhings. The dents are not an unheard of problem with the Camaros, although I thought they were mainly on the pasenger side.

Ill check bushings after work. Idk how they can be bad cus there not even 2 months old... Could over greasing them whipe them out?

UMI Performance 06-18-2012 07:48 AM

Hey Alliance.

Our 3-points work with "all" exhaust.

Hard Top/T-Top : UMI Performance, Inc.

ramey

alliance12364 06-18-2012 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by UMI Performance (Post 6909029)
Hey Alliance.

Our 3-points work with "all" exhaust.

Hard Top/T-Top : UMI Performance, Inc.

ramey

I was just about to email u guys lol, I was looking at your website and the 2 point are more of my budget. What are the huge differences between the 3 and 2 point?

UMI Performance 06-18-2012 09:32 AM

Awesome, thanks for considering UMI.

I usually tell customers it's a lot better to at least choose 2 pt than nothing. There is a bigger difference between zero SFC's and two point than there is 2 to 3.

Two points were the industry standard for many years and still work great!

ramey

Injuneer 06-18-2012 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by alliance12364 (Post 6909019)
Ill check bushings after work. Idk how they can be bad cus there not even 2 months old... Could over greasing them whipe them out?

Did you replace the panhard rod bushings 2 months ago, or the complete panhard rod? Why type of bushings are they?

Too much grease will not damage them, unless you've somehow found an unusual grease that is not compatible with the material the bushing is made out of - but that's not likely.

alliance12364 06-18-2012 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by UMI Performance (Post 6909052)
Awesome, thanks for considering UMI.

I usually tell customers it's a lot better to at least choose 2 pt than nothing. There is a bigger difference between zero SFC's and two point than there is 2 to 3.

Two points were the industry standard for many years and still work great!

ramey

Im placing my order now :) thank you

alliance12364 06-18-2012 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer (Post 6909057)
Did you replace the panhard rod bushings 2 months ago, or the complete panhard rod? Why type of bushings are they?

Too much grease will not damage them, unless you've somehow found an unusual grease that is not compatible with the material the bushing is made out of - but that's not likely.

I got a brand new umi adjustable panhard rod 2 months ago. It had bushings in them from previous owner who bought it and never installed. There was no grease in the bushings so I filled em up. I never dove my car till it was finished so idk if it was like this befor everything. My buddy just told me that where the lca bolt to the chassis where and and the bolt will have movment. He welded washers in place so there was no more play and it fixed the problem for him. But I just looked and theres no wear and tear on mine