Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

adjusting clutch engagement point

Old 10-11-2012, 12:06 PM

adjusting clutch engagement point

i know the answer to this will probably be "no, shut up and get used to it", but i figure its worth a try. my clutch master cylinder went out a while ago, and being currently broke, i went with a duralast replacement. it works well. however, the clutch engagement point is higher than stock. the clutch is completely disengaged just a bit before the clutch switch is activated. which is a bit higher than it was with the old mc. its a little bit annoying, and tends to make me slip the clutch more than i want to. i plan on replacing the mc again with either a tick or mcleod unit next summer when i have the money (though itll be hard to make myself go through that major pita when i already have a working mc), but i was wondering if theres any way to move the engagement point down a bit. the only way i can think of is cutting the rod that goes to the clutch pedal, cut threads in both sides, and fit one of those really long nuts (no idea what theyre called, but they basically look like 1"-2" long nuts. is there any other way? thanks
Old 10-12-2012, 05:14 AM
Administrator

Re: adjusting clutch engagement point

McLeod makes an adjustable master cylinder.