CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-47/)
-   -   optimal relocation? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-47/optimal-relocation-322713/)

Fast Orange 12-03-2004 11:37 PM

optimal relocation?

got the intrax springs and of course the wheel hop has commenced to complete annoyance.. so my question is how much should i drop the rear lca mount.. i can fab just about anything so that isnt a problem.. i am about to put sfc, lca, phb and poly bushings in but i was just wondering waht the BEST amount to drop the lca brackets is.. any help would be appreciated..

AL SS590 M6 12-04-2004 04:11 AM

Re: optimal relocation?

Originally Posted by Fast Orange
got the intrax springs and of course the wheel hop has commenced to complete annoyance.. so my question is how much should i drop the rear mount.. i can fab just about anything so that isnt a problem.. i am about to put sfc, lca, phb and poly bushings in but i was just wondering waht the BEST amount to drop the brackets is.. any help would be appreciated..

The rear of the LCA needs to be just slightly lower than the front when the car is sitting level on the suspension.

Fast Orange 12-07-2004 08:05 AM

so no one has any actual measurements???

AL SS590 M6 12-09-2004 04:18 AM

so no one has any actual measurements???

There are no actual measurements because it depends upon how low your particular sits. Call it 1/8-1/2" for street use.

Fast Orange 12-09-2004 09:16 PM

1/2"??? lol.. the other guy says even or below the front mount.. in my case its gonna have to be more like 4 or 5 inches to be even or even close to level.. yeah thats right i did say inches.. just a stock suspension with intrax springs.. supposedly a 2" drop..

AL SS590 M6 12-10-2004 03:49 AM

1/2"??? lol.. the other guy says even or below the front mount.. in my case its gonna have to be more like 4 or 5 inches to be even or even close to level.. yeah thats right i did say inches.. just a stock suspension with intrax springs.. supposedly a 2" drop..

Go back and read...............that other guy was me too. 1/2" BELOW THE FRONT.

Fast Orange 12-10-2004 12:55 PM

dammit im a moron.. sorry bro.. does the 4to5 inches seem abnormally low?

snorkelface 12-10-2004 08:26 PM

It will actually depend on what you want to use the car for. If it's more for taking turns, than it needs to be level, or the front slightly lower than the rear. If ot's strait line traction you're looking for, then you want the rear slightly lower than the front.

I would recommend some rod-ened lower control arms to get rid of the hop. You can get away with poly bushings there if it's for drag purposes.

Fast Orange 12-10-2004 10:03 PM

it is for traction purposes.. no rod ends for me.. they just wont live with the amount of driving i do.. i plan on using dalron for bushings.. thanks for the help guys..

snorkelface 12-10-2004 10:48 PM

it is for traction purposes.. no rod ends for me.. they just wont live with the amount of driving i do.. i plan on using dalron for bushings.. thanks for the help guys..

That's why you use high quality rod ends.

Fast Orange 12-11-2004 11:17 AM

well from what ive seen you still only get maybe 10k miles out of a set.. for a daily driver i think the dalron will work find..

snorkelface 12-12-2004 12:43 PM

well from what ive seen you still only get maybe 10k miles out of a set.. for a daily driver i think the dalron will work find..

I would say 10k is a pretty low number for high-quality rod ends, especially with the types of loads they see in a LCA. To each their own.:)

Fast Orange 12-12-2004 10:18 PM

which brand do you reccomend?

snorkelface 12-12-2004 10:27 PM

which brand do you reccomend?

THESE, if you want the best. :)

Fast Orange 12-12-2004 10:42 PM

makes sense.. aprecciate the help..