Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Leaky doors - 4th gen

Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 PM

Leaky doors - 4th gen

About a month ago I first noticed an air leak in the drivers door frame at hi-way speed. Nothing visually unusual, door did not seem to be loose at all. When the door is closed I cannot see any gap. The weather stripping is showing a little age but not cracked.
The other day when it was raining, I noticed a puddle water on the rug behind the passenger door. Apparently it is a water leak, the car was parked for a week and the passenger door wasn't opened. i haven't seen the same on the drivers side yet.
Anyone get this issue on their 4th gen? Is the most likely cause the weather stripping failing and do I need replace these pieces? It's a 93 so it's got those very large weather stripping pieces. Where's the best place to get them and is it something I can do myself? I did my 68 convertible, but those were a fraction of the size.
If not the weather stripping then what else can it be? Is there a way to check for the doors being missaligned/sagging?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:23 AM

Re: Leaky doors - 4th gen

t top?
Old 05-20-2013, 07:56 AM

I still haven't addresses this issue but convinced I need to replace the weather stripping on both doors. Anyone out there know the best place to pcik this up. I've seen the OEM stuff advertised for about 2X as much as the non. Is it worth it? Is there a big difference?

What tools do I need for this job -especially the removal?
Old 05-20-2013, 01:36 PM

Make sure the window guide roller in the door hasn't popped out of the window sill bracket and guide rail....I was having the same issues and was looking at weather stripping when I stumbled across my real problem. Window doesn't align or seal properly.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:40 AM

Ok I'll check that - how do I do it, do I have to take off the whole door panel? Then where do I check.
I did replace the power window motor on the drivers side last summer...since then the power lock hasn't worked for that side, but I didn't feel like taking the whole thing apart again at the time so left it. Any ideas on that? If I'm going to open it up I have to fix that as well.
The window works fine but there's a small gap right about where the little point is where the window meets the B pillar.
The drivers side doesn't leak water though, the passenger side does and that's never been touched.
And, I never answered this before but No, the car doesn't have t-tops.