Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Car sit up for 5 years, what to replace?

Old 02-08-2017, 03:04 PM

Car sit up for 5 years, what to replace?

Hey guys, I got my car up and running beautifully a few months back, but the suspension needs some TLC. I have QA1 struts with factory springs in it. I am getting them rebuilt soon (just emailed naake.com for quote, I heard on this site they are a good company).

Simply because it has been years since I have looked into parts in detail I am probably forgetting parts that should be replaced. I am trying to get a good list of parts you would feel are worth replacing. AKA if this was your car what would you want to replace on it. It is very bouncy compared to what I remember and I know at least the rear passenger strut is bad (so rebuilding all 4 just because).

- its a 98 camaro with 00 motor/tran

Thank guys, it has been awhile!
Cory
Old 02-09-2017, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Car sit up for 5 years, what to replace?

Tires and belts for sure. Check all hoses for dry rot. Watch for leaks at all gasket points. Door seals might be dried up too. Basically, anything rubber is suspect.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:29 PM

Re: Car sit up for 5 years, what to replace?

Guess I should have been more specific!

Already have new tires, belts, new main pully, water pump, alternator, ac compressor. Checked tranny and rear end fluids. Mainly ment suspension parts. Sending in my QA1's to be rebuilt and thinking about just going all QA1 suspension for better parts and new mounts etc.

Search this Thread