Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales GPs/SALES CAN BE MADE BY SUPPORTING VENDORS OF THIS SITE ONLY!

How about an LT1-LS1 Manual Fan Switch GP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 07:43 AM

Re: How about an LT1-LS1 Manual Fan Switch GP?

Originally Posted by JJJ93z
fredmr- i have a 93z i dont think it will throw codes if i pull the resistors , did you just slice the heat shrink and cut them out and resolder the wires? thanks
If you have a 93, it shouldn't have the resistors in the green and blue wires.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by notstock4long
If you have a 93, it shouldn't have the resistors in the green and blue wires.
Yea - that's what I was saying before, so make sure you don't cut out the resistors going to the LED's or you'll be replacing them within a year.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:36 PM

Okay, here's the deal all.

We have been working on this to find out what could be happening. It could be one of two things...

1) The switch was not wired up properly, per the included instructions.
2) The switch encountered an error in the assembly process.

This switch is one of our best sellers and we have sold quite a bit of them without problem until now. While scenario 1) is more common, scenario 2) is certainly possible. We are more than willing to make it right, which we are working toward now. If you are having any problems with your switch and haven't contacted us yet, please do via e-mail or PM.

Thanks for everyone's patience!
Old 08-10-2004, 08:40 PM

alright so whats the address where i should ship it back to ? i just want a switch that will work, b/c i already have holes drilled. thanks
Old 08-10-2004, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by JJJ93z
alright so whats the address where i should ship it back to ? i just want a switch that will work, b/c i already have holes drilled. thanks
Rather than go thru the hassle of sending it back and waiting for a new one, have you tried to pull the resistors if they are included in your unit (only the resistors in the blue and green wires)? If all is wired correctly, try pulling the resistors (if they exist), if that doesn't work - then contact SpeedSpecialty about a replacement.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:14 AM

I don't want to sound like a *****, but what is going on as far as helping us guys with defective switches? I don't think I am the only one who got one by looking thru these posts. Speed Specialty, have you gotten in touch with the makers of these switches? What did they have to say?
Old 08-13-2004, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by fredmr39
Rather than go thru the hassle of sending it back and waiting for a new one, have you tried to pull the resistors if they are included in your unit (only the resistors in the blue and green wires)? If all is wired correctly, try pulling the resistors (if they exist), if that doesn't work - then contact SpeedSpecialty about a replacement.
No , i will go and try that though. I hope its easy as that But i suspect their is a flaw with a shipment of switches that went out

thanks for the help
Old 08-13-2004, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by SantaCruz163
I don't want to sound like a *****, but what is going on as far as helping us guys with defective switches? I don't think I am the only one who got one by looking thru these posts. Speed Specialty, have you gotten in touch with the makers of these switches? What did they have to say?
We got in touch with our supplier and have determined that there could be a problem with some of the switched that went out, or they are installed incorrectly. Fortunately, it appears that only a small amount of them could be faulty.

We have addressed the fact to those who are having problems that if a replacement needs to be sent out, we would be more than happy to work something out. If you are having a problem, we'd like you to e-mail us and make arrangements with us to make things right. We stand by our products and apologize for this situation.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:39 PM

Despite the problems everyone seems to be having, this is something I myself would still be interested in...Im thinking its just mostly installation errors...But hey Im not exactly Benjamin Franklin myself
Is there a chance another GP of these will be availiable anytime soon for the $27 dollar price(shipped??)? If not, its all good..Ill just hafta pay the full amount ($34 or whatever) or make this myself for probobly half the cost..Anyways, thanks speedspecialty in advance for your reply..
Derek