Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales GPs/SALES CAN BE MADE BY SUPPORTING VENDORS OF THIS SITE ONLY!

Delteq GP

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 12:40 AM

Originally posted by shoebox
Call Delteq and ask them. I would doubt it, though. If I remember what I read correctly, one of the designers of this system said that the coils used with this system put out more spark than the single LS1 coils do. So, it would be a step backward to use the LS1 coils.
Yea compare the size of the LS1 coils to the northstar coils and you will see why the delteq coils are a better idea as far as getting more spark. There are guys running some crazy setups using only ONE coil for all 8 plugs, so just beacuse you have ONE coil for every plug doesn't mean it's the best you can get. Ultimately there are single coils that are made to handle business way better than 8 single coils can. The MSD HVC 2 Blaster coils are a perfect example. Until you see one in person don't comment about it because when you see one you will know exactly what Im talking about

Then again if you want to keep some kinda sequential tuning setup then 8 coils would be your only option. All depends on what you wanna do.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:43 AM

Originally posted by Schurters LT1
What MSD box will work with this??????
Cool let's post more questions that have already been answered directly to you like 6 posts ago
Old 05-28-2004, 05:51 PM

Originally posted by I1O0O1I
Cool let's post more questions that have already been answered directly to you like 6 posts ago
OK what is the DIS MSD-4 box and more info...like i asked 6 posts ago
Old 05-28-2004, 10:14 PM

Originally posted by Schurters LT1
OK what is the DIS MSD-4 box and more info...like i asked 6 posts ago
How bout you search and find out
Old 05-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

Anybody have any info/insight as to interference problems with running this setup and a Vortech supercharger WITH aftercooler?

I doubt the valve cover mount setup would work but how about the radiator mount?

Also, any word on the I guess it's called Stage II setup? Will that be out by the end of June?
Old 05-29-2004, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by Brent94Z
I doubt the valve cover mount setup would work but how about the radiator mount?

Also, any word on the I guess it's called Stage II setup? Will that be out by the end of June?
Brent,
I am pretty sure the Radiator Mount would work easily with the aftercooler. On the Stage 2, I am not sure but Pete at Delteq said they are still working on it.

I just got my kit in the mail and I am very impressed with the quality of everything (its a real sweet unit). I should have it installed by the end of this weekend (weather permitting) and will have some pics and let you guys know what I think of the system but so far, the quality of all the pieces (even the wires) are impressive.

Thx,
Claude
Old 05-30-2004, 07:01 PM

Guys,
As stated before I got my Delteq and installed it over the weekend. The install was very easy...The hardest part is finding a spot to route the long spark plug wires and keeping them away from other wires/sensor and heat. Everthing else was easy as cake. Like I said before, I was very pleased with the quality of everything that came with the kit.
One thing I did notice, was I had a problem with the car BEFORE this install, it had a slight miss in it. I changed wires and plugs and it was still there. After I installed the Delteq system it seems to be gone (mabee my opti was starting to give me problems) because a few days before I ordered it my car was sputtering at mid rpm but not now with the Delteq system installed. The install was very simple and the instructions were very detailed.
I normally run 10 Psi of boost But now my Air filter was pretty filthy and the blower belt is not all the way snug so I am only getting 7 psi of boost but I can say that the Delteq system gives enough spark to handle a 383 with 7 psi of boost without breaking up. So an MSD box is not needed, actually I heard a coils/kits like these can handle upto 1000HP no sweat without an MSD amplifer ignition.

Heres a pic of my system:
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i.../342629_75.jpg

I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who is sick with the OPTI crap or want a more reliable, more powerful better engineered and better located Ignition System.

Thx,
Claude
Old 05-30-2004, 10:24 PM

Originally posted by Maldo
Hi, Part # 102-9001 comes complete with brackets minus coilpack and spark plug wires.
What coils/coilpack would need to be purchased to use the barebones kit? Are they a common GM part #?

By "bracket" do you mean the mount for the coilpack?

If I opted to buy my own wires, would I have to make a universal kit work, or is there a specific vehicle that will fit the lt1?

Last edited by Cam94Z28; 05-30-2004 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by 95 Silver TA
Brent,
I am pretty sure the Radiator Mount would work easily with the aftercooler. On the Stage 2, I am not sure but Pete at Delteq said they are still working on it.
Thanks! Looks like I'll give this a try
Old 06-01-2004, 09:04 AM

Originally posted by Cam94Z28
What coils/coilpack would need to be purchased to use the barebones kit? Are they a common GM part #?

By "bracket" do you mean the mount for the coilpack?

If I opted to buy my own wires, would I have to make a universal kit work, or is there a specific vehicle that will fit the lt1?

Hi you would need to locate coils from a NORTHSTAR engine.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:17 AM

sent you mail
Old 06-01-2004, 09:21 AM

Hi Guys sorry if I am a little slow answering all of your emails over the past weekend,,, bare with me I just got back from the "f-body gathering" in Atlanta where the car was displayed with the delteq System to the public for the first time (the response was awesome I even got Scott Settlemire (the Godfather of the F-body”) to take a peak at the system (which he liked ) … also I got him to sign my car which was way cool….

Jim
Old 06-01-2004, 10:55 PM

Maldo send you mail...

What year of the coil packs & IM again

thx
Old 06-01-2004, 11:45 PM

Hmm, the ignition module isnt included in the barebones kit either?
Old 06-02-2004, 12:36 AM

Maldo,

When do you expect to ship the ignition systems?

Thanks,
Court

Quick Reply: Delteq GP