CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Site Help and Suggestions (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/site-help-suggestions-11/)
-   -   Titles under usernames (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/site-help-suggestions-11/titles-under-usernames-23945/)

5 and a game misconduct 09-15-2002 05:10 PM

Titles under usernames

Are we going to get to costomize the line under out username like over atchasingstanley ? If not, I think it's a pretty neat suggestion.

Aneurysm 09-15-2002 05:42 PM

I think EVERYONE I've seen so far is a senior member... that range is too wide, Senior member needs to be raised to over 500 or even over 1000. I've seen members with like 100 and they say Senior, so what is a Junior? your first post, and then you're a senior member?

did that make sense :confused:

5 and a game misconduct 09-15-2002 05:55 PM

Anybody with more than 25 posts has the senior member title.

ChrisFrez 09-15-2002 07:17 PM

We will not be allowing custom titles for people. We will however quite possibly change some things around after we get most of the quirks, kinks worked out of this new board.

Aneurysm 09-15-2002 07:23 PM

Originally posted by 5 and a game misconduct
Anybody with more than 25 posts has the senior member title.
That is very gay. I vote for at least 500 for Senior member. If you still think that's too high, 100 should be bare minimum. But my personal opinion is 1000.

Erik 09-15-2002 09:57 PM

senior status, or any status really, should be defined by registration date, not by post count, especially now that lounge posts don't affect ones post count. There are those here who very rarely visit and post in forums other than the lounge. With the changes, it's quite possible that a new user today could end up with no posts and yet be a respected and well known contributor to the board having made a hundred posts in the lounge only.

Why not disable post counts entirely and have registration date determine one's 'status'

Mineral 09-15-2002 10:01 PM

Originally posted by Erik
senior status, or any status really, should be defined by registration date, not by post count, especially now that lounge posts don't affect ones post count. There are those here who very rarely visit and post in forums other than the lounge. With the changes, it's quite possible that a new user today could end up with no posts and yet be a respected and well known contributor to the board having made a hundred posts in the lounge only.

Why not disable post counts entirely and have registration date determine one's 'status'

Some people have had name changes.. I was here back in '99 but it doesn't seem that way on my name. :alert:

Pitch Black Z28 09-15-2002 11:26 PM

Originally posted by Erik

I agree

Aneurysm 09-16-2002 01:09 AM

good point, I never even thought about the reg date. that should have something to do with it too. But now, especially since lounge posts don't count, how many posts you have should be a status decider too, becuase all those new posts are going to be valid points in the technical forums and such (or at least we hope so).

Ai 09-16-2002 01:37 AM

On the other hand, some registered relatively recently & bring alot to the board, i.e. chuck riddeck. That and alot of guys who registered a long time ago dont do anything...

I say... change it to something broad & let jason/frez doll out personal ones as they think of it, or... eh...

let ppl do their own, easier...

[¤ÅzÑ_SüÞÊR§PØrT¤] 09-16-2002 07:13 PM

Well to discourage post whoring, I think the seniority should be according to the date registered. present-1 month=junior, 1-3 months=regular, 3+=senior, 18+=old fart...:D

DaxsZ28 09-19-2002 07:02 PM

Senior members should have at least 795 posts and been here since December 2000! That's my opinion anyway!

1979Z28 09-20-2002 04:01 AM

My, being quite selective in the suggestion for Senior Member titles eh? :D I'm more special than any of you! I'm just a plain old average 'member' :p

Aneurysm 09-21-2002 11:25 PM

aha so it was raised. used to be 25. what is it now?

5 and a game misconduct 09-22-2002 04:35 PM

Originally posted by Aneurysm
aha so it was raised. used to be 25. what is it now?
I think 25-100 just gets the 'member' status. But I could be wrong.