Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.
View Poll Results: PLEASE READ THE POST CAREFULLY and VOTE (no replies to post necessary)
It is awesome! I like the features and I use it all the time.
12.90%
It is okay, there are a few things I would like to see changed.
41.94%
I don't like it much, but I use it anyway. Whatever.
11.29%
I tried it but I think it sucks so I don't use it now. Please bring back the old Marketplace forums.
33.87%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR INPUT

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Admin Emeritus

Re: For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR I

Originally Posted by Projectz28
I like it but it seems that the volume of people has gone down dramaticaly since the new system started. Not sure why but once you learn the features it is really a great new system.

Everyone wanted a feed back system and now its here, but nobody is using it.
EXACTLY!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:43 AM

Re: For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR INPUT

I do mostly buying, so I can't comment on the selling part. I like the sections being split. It saves a ton of time when looking for something specific.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:30 AM

Re: For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR INPUT

I don't like it. The thing I don't like about it is that there is no type of security for buyers. There is a user that is taking advantage of that. I purchased something from a user almost a month ago and as soon as he got my payment, he vanished. I contacted other members who have bought items from him and none of them have recieved their items. So basically this guy has used the classified section to steal over $2,000 and nothing can be done about it through this site. There is no 100% way to tell if someone is a honest seller. I feel that anytime you make a purchase in this section, it's a gamble. I bet this is one of the reasons the volume of people went down using this section.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:33 AM

so now what? obviously most people arent happy with the new system..are there any plans of going back to the old system? I think ls1tech.com has the best of both words. Old style with the feedback......I am not saying we should be like ls1tech, but obviously something needs to be done if people all the sudden are having problems selling lt1 parts on here.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Admin Emeritus

Re: For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR I

Let's kill some misunderstandings...

Originally Posted by NYC32798
The thing I don't like about it is that there is no type of security for buyers. There is a user that is taking advantage of that. I purchased something from a user almost a month ago and as soon as he got my payment, he vanished. I contacted other members who have bought items from him and none of them have recieved their items. So basically this guy has used the classified section to steal over $2,000 and nothing can be done about it through this site. There is no 100% way to tell if someone is a honest seller. I feel that anytime you make a purchase in this section, it's a gamble. I bet this is one of the reasons the volume of people went down using this section.
This cannot be fairly said about OUR current sytem being the Classifieds section at http://web.camaross.com/classifies/ ONLY. This applies to nearly EVERY person-to-person transaction anywhere on the Internet without a sort of escrow service in place. eBay, LS1Tech...even our OLD marketplace forums that was replaced with the Classified's section and will still be the same if we go back to the old way of doing things. The problem referenced above can basically happen anywhere and cannot be applied to ONLY what the topic of this thread is about.

As we keep repeating over and over and over again, if the deal has TRULY gone bad like that, the BEST thing to do it contact the authorities who can do something about it. No amount of complaining in a public forum will get results like that will. It won't make someone turn themselves in or send the money back. The government has a special division specifically for this:
http://www.ic3.gov/

Originally Posted by xxsaint69x
so now what? obviously most people arent happy with the new system..are there any plans of going back to the old system? I think ls1tech.com has the best of both words. Old style with the feedback......I am not saying we should be like ls1tech, but obviously something needs to be done if people all the sudden are having problems selling lt1 parts on here.
I wouldn't say people are having "problems" because the results were mixed, but that is exactly why this poll/thread was created...to get genuine feedback and people's thoughts and to help us determine where to go from here. We are currently in the process of exploring that thought.

Thanks, guys.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:53 PM

Would it be possible for the "Sold it" feature to create some kind of automation where the seller could put in an e-mail address for the buyer where they could get a link to fill out the feedback.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Let's kill some misunderstandings...

This cannot be fairly said about OUR current sytem being the Classifieds section at http://web.camaross.com/classifies/ ONLY. This applies to nearly EVERY person-to-person transaction anywhere on the Internet without a sort of escrow service in place. eBay, LS1Tech...even our OLD marketplace forums that was replaced with the Classified's section and will still be the same if we go back to the old way of doing things. The problem referenced above can basically happen anywhere and cannot be applied to ONLY what the topic of this thread is about.

As we keep repeating over and over and over again, if the deal has TRULY gone bad like that, the BEST thing to do it contact the authorities who can do something about it. No amount of complaining in a public forum will get results like that will. It won't make someone turn themselves in or send the money back. The government has a special division specifically for this:
http://www.ic3.gov/

I wouldn't say people are having "problems" because the results were mixed, but that is exactly why this poll/thread was created...to get genuine feedback and people's thoughts and to help us determine where to go from here. We are currently in the process of exploring that thought.

Thanks, guys.
I didn't mean to bash on this web sites system specifically. You're right this can happen anywhere like ebay or any of the other site. This is why I prefer paypal because this happened to me once on ebay and my cash got refunded. I know there is nothing you guys can do about it as far as getting our cash or items to us. I personally just think that at least some type of disciplinary action should be taken against users that abuse this system such as suspending or banning their account on this site. I am also a member of maxima.org and I had a problem with a transaction with another user. They confronted him about it and he ended up getting banned.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by NYC32798
I didn't mean to bash on this web sites system specifically. You're right this can happen anywhere like ebay or any of the other site.
Thanks for clearing that up.

I personally just think that at least some type of disciplinary action should be taken against users that abuse this system such as suspending or banning their account on this site.
I do agree, but realistically, we can't make a decision like that based on one word against another. There is no way for us to prove that an action taken is the right one, or to prove who is right and who is wrong since we are not at all involved in the transaction. If it is really obvious and there is no doubt, sure, it can be dealt with on a case-by-case basis but rarely does it present itself that clearly. It really does suck, I know, and don't think we don't fully understand the situation.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:07 AM

First, I commend everyone involved on your effort and time with this new system and the entire site. In my opinion, it is the number one LT1 site around. The volumes of reference material have proven invaluable again and again. I have bought and sold many items sucessfully over the last two years here. With the old system, I would view the for sale section a few times a day, I have a busy lifestyle and could do this, because it could be done in a minute or two.
With this said;
Definetly, go back to the old system!! Thi new system is difficult to view alot of threads at one time. And, as said before, posting many parts at one time is a problem with the catagory system. The volume of posts has drastically reduced. I use to be on daily and since the new system, I think I've been around maybe 5 times! It just isn't as easy to view. As an avid LT1 owner(age 36), and definetly a internet surfer, this site's classified section went from the most convient to the least for me. Honestly, I really hate it and want to see the old system back!! If it's not broke, don't fix it!
Thanks-
Whew!
Old 08-05-2006, 01:35 AM

Seems like alot of the Old Camaroz28.com classifieds guys went over to LS1tech. I have been selling alot of parts in the past few months from parting out cars and I have noticed that the volume of inquiries, or sales on here is not even 1/10th of what it use to be. I use to sell all my parts on this website and hardly any on others. I have the same exact threads on multiple web forums and each of the other "rival" forums activity also has increased by a bunch. I also don't like how ads I created for threads such as parting out threads just go down the tubes because they are not visable after awhile. I do like how you can't TTT your ad every three seconds because that is annoying. I do like the organization, some things are just not fine tuned yet. Seems like the organization has driven a bunch of people away.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by CamaroGuy22
Seems like alot of the Old Camaroz28.com classifieds guys went over to LS1tech. I have been selling alot of parts in the past few months from parting out cars and I have noticed that the volume of inquiries, or sales on here is not even 1/10th of what it use to be. I use to sell all my parts on this website and hardly any on others. I have the same exact threads on multiple web forums and each of the other "rival" forums activity also has increased by a bunch. I also don't like how ads I created for threads such as parting out threads just go down the tubes because they are not visable after awhile. I do like how you can't TTT your ad every three seconds because that is annoying. I do like the organization, some things are just not fine tuned yet. Seems like the organization has driven a bunch of people away.
thats true about ls1tech, i see a lot more LT1 For sale post there these days. Please bring the old system back
Old 08-07-2006, 09:39 PM
j0n

I've found myself browsing ls1tech classifieds more often than the classifieds here. I, too would love for the old classifieds to come back
Old 08-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Admin Emeritus

Question Re: For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR I

So would you guys say that the STRUCTURE (how the categories are broken down) is fine, but the actual SYSTEM that is being used (as separate module that integrates into the board) is what doesn't seem to as well as simply being a direct part fo the forums (like before)?

In other words, would you guys be happier if we went back to the old way of doing it, but with a few more cateories than before to categorize things a bit more?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:31 PM

I think the old system was fine. I think catagories in any form, would take additional time to sort thru. Plus, as an ad creater, it would be difficult to get 3 or 4 items within one thread-which catagory would they go into??? Also, as a ad viewer, the old system allows me to view all recent posts quicker. The supersized pic is great, maybe put the pic on the inside only, so the thread can be shorter (in viewing height) and you can see more on your display. I just want to view the threads as quickly as possible, this way I can check them when I get a moment throughout the day(based on old systems volume).
I certainly don't want to see all of your hard work and time go to waste. If it's possible to have a system with two ways to view, that would make all involved happy. The new system is neat and has alot of bells and whistles, but it's alot like my RC nitro car. Fun to play with on occasion, but over all, a pain in the A$$ to deal with. No offence!
BTW-This is all positive constrictive critisism!!!, I love the site and want to see it at it's best! Sorry about the spelling.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
So would you guys say that the STRUCTURE (how the categories are broken down) is fine, but the actual SYSTEM that is being used (as separate module that integrates into the board) is what doesn't seem to as well as simply being a direct part fo the forums (like before)?

In other words, would you guys be happier if we went back to the old way of doing it, but with a few more cateories than before to categorize things a bit more?
i think the old system was the best. Just add the feedback feature to it, and the pic upload. Do not make bunch of separate categories. yes, it makes thinks a lot more organized but it is one of the reasons i think people quit posting stuff for sale, because it takes a lot longer to list multiple items.

Quick Reply: For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR INPUT