Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Site Video Embed System Suggestions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Admin Emeritus

Re: Site Video Embed System Suggestions Thread

Yes, it is under constant development. We are anticipating a new version release in the near future.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:11 AM

some changes have been made and its better. IIMO, its still not good but its a little less bad. my main issues still stand but its moving in the right direction.

can you please give a run down on the changes that have been made and if you want a run down on the things you are looking into changing or working on or considering.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by camaro383tt
some changes have been made and its better. IIMO, its still not good but its a little less bad. my main issues still stand but its moving in the right direction.
Yes, it is moving in the right direction as we promised and it will continue to evolve. What I think many are missing is the fact that YOU (the people who offering useful feedback) are helping to make this

can you please give a run down on the changes that have been made and if you want a run down on the things you are looking into changing or working on or considering.
Some changes made where offered as input in this thread as well as our our usage. I don't have the time to make a complete list of what I know and I honestly don't see the point in comparing as long as we are making things better. Not to mention, there are things the tech team is updating often that even I am not aware of. These are things you won't see up front but speed up the system, improve efficiency, bug fixes, etc. This is constantly being improved upon, and you may encounter an error when posting a YouTube link but it should only be temporary.

We won't release what is coming because it changes often and some are way off in the distance. A lot of what we want to do is purely based on the feedback that everyone is providing.

As always, thanks for letting us know what you guys think. On behalf of the entire team that is behind this, we are working hard to make this great. We keep saying "If the users don't like it, we aren't happy." This will continue to evolve and is just the start of it.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:27 PM

Also dislike it. It's especially difficult on mobile devices because the big popout opens up and part of the video gets chopped off.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:40 PM

not being able to view the rest of the thread while the video was loading really bugged me today. musta been some slow *** videos today
Old 06-08-2011, 02:20 AM

I am very displeased with the pop up viewer
Old 06-08-2011, 05:38 PM

Ok, I understand why the video player is here, and why it is likely to stay. So how about we throw out some ideas to make what we have better, instead of saying to get rid of it and it sucks. After all, they are looking for our input to a certain degree. So just toss out ideas like many other marketing groups would do while brainstorming.

How about the video remains to be a pop out, but can be moved within the browser window so you can move it to the side and keep scrolling through a thread? Or similar idea, but it can be moved outside the browser as well, but keep it "locked" to the top of the desktop so if you click a window outside of the video player, it remains on top?
Resize-able player box?
Old 06-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Chevycobb
So how about we throw out some ideas to make what we have better, instead of saying to get rid of it and it sucks. After all, they are looking for our input to a certain degree. So just toss out ideas like many other marketing groups would do while brainstorming.
Thanks, Cobby. But, gee...do you think that will work? We have only been asking for that ever since we started development and released the first version. It seems that more than half of the feedback we get is rude, unusable, or counter productive. The rest, we pay very close attention to. For example...

How about the video remains to be a pop out, but can be moved within the browser window so you can move it to the side and keep scrolling through a thread? Or similar idea, but it can be moved outside the browser as well, but keep it "locked" to the top of the desktop so if you click a window outside of the video player, it remains on top?
Resize-able player box?
We have kicked around things like that in the past...and they are definitely not off the table. Much appreciated.

The lightbox window isn't as hated as some people make it out to be. We have usage stats that shows it. In fact, some like using it.

However, we know that some don't like it, and we fully understand why. I guarantee that in an upcoming version release, the system will give users the option to watch the video without the lightbox, thanks to the feedback provided by those who care enough to explain their thoughts and offer ideas for improvement.

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2011, 11:48 AM

I guarantee that in an upcoming version release, the system will give users the option to watch the video without the lightbox, thanks to the feedback provided by those who care enough to explain their thoughts and offer ideas for improvement.
will that be an option in the user CP or on a video by video basis?

I think straight up pop up would be nicer than the lightbox because you can move it to the side and continue with the thread. the things you quoted look promising.

have you made more changes since post 107 on 6/6/11?

i think you have and its getting better regarding size.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:54 AM

Is there a way to post a link without it automatically embedding into the post?

I don't like the pop up at all. I like other sites that have a simple, clean video that I can load up while surfing the rest of the thread. When I'm browsing I have at least 4-5 tabs open on a window. I like having control of everything, but when I open this autostream deal I'm forced to have a giant popup cover my entire computer. Its like its taking control of the whole computer and I have to sit through it if I want to see the vid.

I would like the option to not see embedded vids. Maybe that's an option already, but I'd rather open a new, separate window than have some 3rd party app take center stage.

Ryan
Old 06-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

Please read the conversation previously had in this thread. And if a lightbox window takes over your entire computer...you may want to consider to upgrading it.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Please read the conversation previously had in this thread. And if a lightbox window takes over your entire computer...you may want to consider to upgrading it.
Why? It acts just like a malicious site. Thats the main gripe with this thing. It does take over the entire browser. If it let us continue to read the thread nobody would have an issue with it. Thats it. All we want from this thing is to be able to continue with the thread while a video is loading. Other than that, I don't see a big issue.

I'm holding onto hope that it's gets better. I really, really am. Other than this embedded video dohickey, I <3 this site.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:44 PM

Some news on the video player. I've heard you and we're planning a new release. We are 60 days away from this so I wouldn't mind getting some feedback.

Thew new player will not be a pop-up and instead will be a straight embed with social info on the side. Here is a preview.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:50 PM

PS Am loving the new Convertible SS.....can't wait to see it as a ZL1

[autostream]http://autostream.com/camaroz28/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1801& transactionid=1317149457-207145246138&posted_by=Adam_autoblankauto_Bruce_ww w.camaroz28.com&youtube_video_id=xGmKfTzCRE4[/autostream]
Old 09-27-2011, 06:12 PM

This is a promising step forward. I dont have any input at this time, but maybe when I see it in action 60 days or so from now

Quick Reply: Site Video Embed System Suggestions Thread