Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

new ideas

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 09:25 PM

new ideas

Who do I message or talk to bout site improvments and suggestions
Old 08-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Re: new ideas

You are in the right place, the Site Help and Suggestions forum. You can post them here.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:29 PM

Well I was wondering about seperating main menu on the board out into first gen, second gen, third gen, fourth gen 93-97, fourth gen 98-02, and fifth gen. Cuz its like its more focused on fifth gen and this is a z28 forum and fifth gens don't have a z28 till next year......and what about a ride of the month with forum member votes on winners something to get more interactive with its site members even the non paying ones maybe give the winners each month a free year as a premium member maybe you'll get them to keep it after they get a taste and like it and if its a repeat winner maybe a z28.com forum shirt and sticker for there z28??
Old 08-29-2011, 10:15 AM

DIY section (separated by generations) ;0)
I liek the ride of the month we do it on NY5THGEN and it gives people a chance to learn a bit more about each other outside of the performance stuff
Old 08-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by camaroman67401
Well I was wondering about seperating main menu on the board out into first gen, second gen, third gen, fourth gen 93-97, fourth gen 98-02, and fifth gen. Cuz its like its more focused on fifth gen
The 5th gen forums are a bit of a beta testas far as structure. We have plans for the other generation forums but we have to be very careful about how it is done so we make it better and not worse.

and this is a z28 forum and fifth gens don't have a z28 till next year
Well...sort of. This is a Camaro site, not just Z28. Don't get tripped up on the name!

Originally Posted by JasonD
Don't let the name fool you, we are all about all Camaros, Z28, SS, whatever. If it has Camaro written somewhere on it, there is no better site for it.
And that whole "5th gen Z28 next year" thing...we will see how that pans out!

......and what about a ride of the month with forum member votes on winners something to get more interactive with its site members even the non paying ones maybe give the winners each month a free year as a premium member maybe you'll get them to keep it after they get a taste and like it and if its a repeat winner maybe a z28.com forum shirt and sticker for there z28??
Okay, let's make it a bit more fun...Camaro of the week! Each week we pick a Camaro from the Member Garages here and make it Camaro of the week, feature it on the front page of the site, etc.

We just used a random number generator to pick the first one...
https://www.camaroz28.com/camaro-week-camarox/

How's that?
Old 08-29-2011, 01:19 PM

[QUOTE=JasonD;6771619]The 5th gen forums are a bit of a beta testas far as structure. We have plans for the other generation forums but we have to be very careful about how it is done so we make it better and not worse.[QUOTE]

See I like that if the other gens was like the out like for the fifth gens it would make it simple for the guys with that gen to find stuff and not do a bunch of unnecessary searching especially newbies

Okay, let's make it a bit more fun...Camaro of the week! Each week we pick a Camaro from the Member Garages here and make it Camaro of the week, feature it on the front page of the site, etc.

We just used a random number generator to pick the first one...
https://www.camaroz28.com/camaro-week-camarox/

How's that?
I'm not sure about that I was thinking if we did it month by month then you're not having to dish out so much plus you could be interactive with it like having a theme each month of the year say like one month fifth gens at the beach then second gens at the strip and just change it up so you also get member getting new pics of there ride keeping things fresh and if you did a member vote/poll then you wouldn't have someone mad cuz they didn't win it would be a fair vote....
Old 08-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by camaroman67401
I'm not sure about that I was thinking if we did it month by month then you're not having to dish out so much plus you could be interactive with it like having a theme each month of the year say like one month fifth gens at the beach then second gens at the strip and just change it up so you also get member getting new pics of there ride keeping things fresh and if you did a member vote/poll then you wouldn't have someone mad cuz they didn't win it would be a fair vote....
We had been planning on doing it this way for a long time, but your post triggered it. It isn't a contest (although we do run contests for prizes all the time) so there won't be any people getting riled up if they don't win. It is all in good fun. Plus, it gets people to enjoy using the Garage system here, and keeping it simple by not specifying a theme, votes, etc. will allow us to do it once a week rather than once a month.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:13 PM

I just thought it'd be cool for members to get inspired to take new pics in situations they normally wouldn't and get a change of pics because how often do you really update you're garage pics???? See where I'm getting at, cuz like garage pics are same ole same ole and this way it'd make it more fun but to each his own I guess.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:09 PM

That and it gives guys (and gals) a chance to show off there camaro as with you're way there is really no show off felt the winner and not everyone has the site to go to the main page like with mine it goes right to the boards.