Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

I'm OK with the changes here, except for this one...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 01:37 PM

Thumbs down I'm OK with the changes here, except for this one...

I really don't care for mouse-over pop-up VIDEOS. I mean, come on, isn't that a bit over the top?

Name:  SCREEN00a.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  158.8 KB
Old 03-07-2012, 03:44 PM

Re: I'm OK with the changes here, except for this one...

x2

They freeze my computer. Not everyone using this site has a fast computer or fast internet.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Admin Emeritus

1) Those only show to non-logged in users. Log in and they go away...OR...
2) Click the Question mark in one of them. Look at the tab on the far right of the resulting page.

Just remember that those ads help the site revenue...etc...gotta mention that. You know how it is.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:21 PM

I know. Just felt like bitching a little
Old 03-08-2012, 02:31 PM

I've recently just started getting some pop ups and don't really like them. I have taken steps to put a stop to them(adblock, etc).

Ads in the side bars, up top, and bottom don't bother me one bit....and I even actively read them. However the pop ups in the middle of reading a post is not cool.

Just some feedback for IB.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

Popups on page load or when you roll your mouse over something?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:45 PM

I don't recall rolling the mouse over anything, but it was almost a full page pop up. It could have been when the page fully loaded. I'll pay more attention to it next time. I'll leave adblock off my home machine and screenshot it.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Popups on page load or when you roll your mouse over something?
JD, I'm getting roll over mouse ads again. The first one was way back and it was a Michigan Gambling problem ad, always would come over with the slightiest roll-over.

Today, I got one that really annoyed me. It's a stupid Toyota Rav4 commercial in spanish (idk why) and nearly takes up my whole computer screen. This is occurring when I'm logged in. I'll try to take a screen shoot next time it happens. I can't find where the roll over ad is coming from. I'm assuming its the ad on the right side.

Edit: I'm actually not sure where it's coming from... I thought it might be the right side ad. But it's inconsistent, and sometimes it pops up from the middle of the page, leading me to believe its a ghost roll over? I'll post a pic when it happens again.

Last edited by King Moose SS; 04-30-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:22 PM

New one? It's an anti-obama ad, any time a scroll over I get this big pop-up

Old 08-05-2012, 09:15 AM

I get the opinion mart pop ups from time to time. Yes, I am logged in and not mousing over anything (that I am aware of). Recently have also been experiencing a lag when typing a message. Text display will lag a second or a few seconds making it near impossible to compose.

I know it was a business decision, but since IB took over, my satisfaction with the site has plummeted. We were indeed spoiled before.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:47 AM

Now, it is occasional full page ad redirects and not even targeted ads. I know it is about revenue, but there has to be other people out there like me that when they get this type of intrusion, they just close the window and go to another site. I don't see how this does anything but drive people away.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:31 AM
IB Staff

Hi there,

We don't allow pop-ups, or full-screen takeovers, or anything like that. The quick mart survey has plagued us across several sites, but it's definitely not allowed. I would suggest you perhaps try to clear your cookies, I feel you may have some that are affecting your browsing experience.

If you do see these problematic ads re-appear, please capture the click-through URL and send it to us. We'll get the bugger blocked.

cheers,
robb
Old 09-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Administrator

FYI: I have noticed a significant slowdown in regards to general site performance over the past 3-4 days...
Old 09-19-2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Robb M.
Hi there,

We don't allow pop-ups, or full-screen takeovers, or anything like that. The quick mart survey has plagued us across several sites, but it's definitely not allowed. I would suggest you perhaps try to clear your cookies, I feel you may have some that are affecting your browsing experience.

If you do see these problematic ads re-appear, please capture the click-through URL and send it to us. We'll get the bugger blocked.

cheers,
robb
I'll see what i can do. I just got a full screen takover before coming to this thread. It is happening almost if not daily to me now and only on this site. The crawl across opinion mart thing happens occasionally.

As far as the slowness that was mentioned just above, my browser shows it is waiting for ads to load.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:07 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by TedH
FYI: I have noticed a significant slowdown in regards to general site performance over the past 3-4 days...
We had some network issues on Tuesday, but all should be good now. Can you confirm?

cheers,
robb

Quick Reply: I'm OK with the changes here, except for this one...