LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

What can cause this ????!!!!!????

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 02:26 PM

What can cause this ????!!!!!????

​https://ibb.co/cDHRczv
​​​​​​
the car had 100k miles, all the plugs tips were almost completely gone or barely there . Then the 2 that were a diff a.c. Delco part # had good tips on them but the porcelain was cracked and broke..
could it have been on nitrous ?????? And it's crazy the car even ran with plugs in that condition noneless run pretty good with no missfires..
I'm now running e3 .44 plugs with 10mm wires , msd coil and upgraded opti and it fricken runs amazing but lol funny how mileage dropped becase it's getting propped power now and feeding more fuel to that much better spark..
Old 12-09-2018, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Re: What can cause this ????!!!!!????

Running lean burns the plugs. Might explain high fuel mileage, at least until the plugs burned up. We’re they the correct heat range for the engine? And yes, nitrous will quickly burn up the stock extended nose plugs. They turn into glow plugs. Surprised you don't have some pistons w/ broken ring lands, if it was abused that badly.

Why do you feel you have more fuel flow? Have you made changes to the injectors, fuel pressure or program?
Old 12-19-2018, 03:17 AM

Re: What can cause this ????!!!!!????

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Running lean burns the plugs. Might explain high fuel mileage, at least until the plugs burned up. We’re they the correct heat range for the engine? And yes, nitrous will quickly burn up the stock extended nose plugs. They turn into glow plugs. Surprised you don't have some pistons w/ broken ring lands, if it was abused that badly.

Why do you feel you have more fuel flow? Have you made changes to the injectors, fuel pressure or program?
I forgot to mention too the fuelfilter was changed ..
so with a clean filter and the ecu being able to send more fuel because of a better spark now..thats why I said she should be getting more fuel ..
and strange thing I knowtice . Cruising at 55-60 I get mid teens for mileage ,no better than city but doing 85-90 I pull high 20s..i made it from Oak creek wi to Bessemer mi using almost 3/4 tank of gas only and my gps said my avg speed was 86,lol....i filled up rite befor I left..then the last 1/4 was city driving but on that tank I pulled 390miles befor the gas light came on..
just makes no sense..my brother thought I was lying until he followed me back and I showed him where my needle was once we got back..and my needle is accurate as an fbody can be..lol

Last edited by Marshmaro; 12-19-2018 at 03:26 AM.