WTB: Burgandy colored manual mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 10:26 AM

WTB: Burgandy colored manual mirrors?

Hi guys,

I have a 95 Z28 that's the burgandy/dark red body color w body colored manual mirrors.

But the mirrors are busted on the inside somehow and the glass no longer stays in place.

I can find brand new black mirrors online from a number of places but I'd rather not have to get them painted/etc...

Any chance someone has some?
Old 06-25-2017, 12:06 AM

Re: WTB: Burgandy colored manual mirrors?

you say busted up on the inside? if your mirrors are in good shape on the outside and the inside mounts are not broken you can replace the guts on the inside.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:18 AM

Hey 95LT, thanks.

I'm gonna pull the mirrors today and get a good idea of how they are broken.

The outside housing and the glass is in great shape, just that the mirror is floppy (both drivers and passengers) and i have to jam something between the mirror and the housing in order to get it to stay in place
Old 06-25-2017, 10:13 AM

Pulled the mirror and everything looks ok on the inside in regards to how the guts mount to the shell.

There are 2 mounts that screws go into - those are solid. A 3rd screw goes in from the side where the manual adjuster goes through.

My broken issue is the wire/barrell connector thingies that hold/adjust the glass have come off - i tried years ago to solder them back and it worked for awhile but doesn't hold.

So i'm gonna buy some manual mirrors off amazon (50 bux each not bad!) and just replace the guts.

Cheers!
Old 06-25-2017, 10:27 AM

i recently converted my manual mirrors to power. the power mirrors were in bad shape so i swapped the guts from one to the other. i have the manual guts from the drivers side. the pass side does not have an adjuster