CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/show-shine-paint-body-care-18/)
-   -   Zaino: Tell me about it. (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/show-shine-paint-body-care-18/zaino-tell-me-about-466662/)

Drive XR7 08-15-2006 10:47 AM

Zaino: Tell me about it.

I'm considering buying the Zaino ZKIT-1, which includes everything.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ct_Code=ZKIT-1

Whatcha think?

96speed 08-15-2006 10:50 AM

Re: Zaino: Tell me about it.

I think it belongs in the show n' shine, n3wb! :p

Ryan

Sparkz28ss 08-15-2006 10:52 AM

its like gold...

I love it...I thought it would be more wax co. bull ****....

its the real deal...paint shine a mile deep

Darth Xed 08-15-2006 10:53 AM

The short version of it:

I've tried a lot of waxes and polishes in my life... nothing has been better.

I've become a loyal user.

Drive XR7 08-15-2006 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by 96speed
I think it belongs in the show n' shine, n3wb! :p

Ryan

Everybody on svtperformance uses some crazy stuff called Natty's Blue and it's specifically made for darker cars.

Mines silver, so I wanna make sure that Zaino is money well spent. I want not only a glossy shine, but great protection from the elements as well.

JakeRobb 08-15-2006 10:54 AM

I bought the kit, and I am happy with it. It seems to be the right way to get started with Zaino. I picked up some Z-8 too.

Note: Sal's directions make it sound like you should use a LOT more polish than you really should. Spread that stuff THIN! If you could be spreading it thinner than you are, then you should be.

I wasted quite a bit of polish and had to do a lot of work to remove the resulting streaks after making that mistake. :mad:

Kraest 08-15-2006 10:56 AM

I got a Meguiar's kit for my B-day, which the Vette seems to like. I also bought a claybar at Kyle's suggestion and the car looks like a 2004.

Mike

Threxx 08-15-2006 10:56 AM

Zaino doesn't produce even close to the best looking results out there, but its great ease of use, great protection capabilities, and great durability make up for that IMO, to the point that I have been using them for the last 8 years now.

When you show me a super shiny car that took 12 hours, 50 dollars in used product, 300 dollars in specialized application equipment, and won't actually protect the paint as well or for as long as Zaino - I'd rather just go with the less glossy less shiny 2 hour Zaino job that takes 10 dollars in used product and 10 dollars in application equipment.:p

Some people go for the best of both and start off with a layer or two of Zaino and then top it off with some nice 'pretty' carnuba waxes - but it's just not worth the effort and expense to me. Hell I've never even waxed the Audi since it's a lease, but I wax the cars we own w/ Zaino about 3 times a year.

Drive XR7 08-15-2006 10:56 AM

Here's another related q:

orbital polisher or by hand?

Sparkz28ss 08-15-2006 10:59 AM

hand....hell..I can get the paint hot with my hand..I dont use the orbital,Im afraid I would set it on fire

#2 08-15-2006 11:00 AM

by hand.

Threxx 08-15-2006 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Drive XR7
Here's another related q:

orbital polisher or by hand?

Z2 does not benefit in the least from repeated strokes or 'rubbing it in', so "by hand" is definitely the way to go.

When you start getting into abbrasives thats when you can start looking into electric applications, but just make sure you know what the hell you're doing or you WILL make it worse.

birdman1 08-15-2006 11:02 AM

I used Zaino for a couple of years. It does work very well, car looked awesome with it.

This year I switched to one of Mothers latest products though, it does just as well I think, and it's cheaper and locally available.

birdman1 08-15-2006 11:14 AM

I only user my buffer after I paint a car.

then it's wetsand the clear, buff it out, etc.

or maybe if your trying to bring back really trashed paint.

otherwise, everything by hand.

Slappy3243 08-15-2006 11:19 AM

I use zaino simply because it is so durable.