CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/show-shine-paint-body-care-18/)
-   -   Who waxes their tailights? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/show-shine-paint-body-care-18/who-waxes-their-tailights-375785/)

V8 Slayer 06-16-2005 07:22 PM

Who waxes their tailights?

I do...

GT KILLER 06-16-2005 09:47 PM

Re: Who waxes their tailights?

Well, the one time I've waxed my car since I've had it (only about a month) I didn't do the taillights.

LaSSt One 06-17-2005 09:07 AM

Well, I Zaino my tail lights.

meissen 06-17-2005 09:26 AM

Since I used VHT Nightshades to spray the tint on there, I wax it cause it's basically painted.

Threxx 06-17-2005 09:29 AM

Waxing your tail lights will make them look nicer and if you use a wax like Zaino that is UV-resistant, it will help prevent the hazing effect that old car lights get after years of exposure to the sun. The kind where they look like they have dirt or moisture on the inside of the lense but usually the only way to correct it (once it has reached that point) is to replace the whole assembly or just 'deal with it'.

Personally, though my favorite for tail lights, headlights, and any other clearish plastics is Plexus. Aweosme stuff. Not only has the UV protectant properties that Zaino does, but also does an excellent job of cleaning the surface of the light and even polishing out small scratches and oxidation from the surface when applied. In other words... waxing your lights will protect it, but Plexus will actually help restore it from any slight previous damage. And the end result with Plexus is noticably more spectacular as well. Your lenses will shine like new.

blackblur1996z28 06-17-2005 06:13 PM

I do mine everytime I wax. Sometimes I'll hit it up with some Meguiars Plastic Polish to make 'em shiny.

unvc92camarors 06-17-2005 07:14 PM

i do here
i use regular polish to polish them and just wax them also
seems to do the trick :)

1995greenTA 06-18-2005 01:55 AM

I voted " yes " everytime i wax, i pull them out and wax clean them up nice, also dry underneath them where the water will run out after you drive down the road which leaves nice dust lines on your freshly waxed car. :p

NBM7278 06-18-2005 11:49 AM

Another vote for yes here. I do mine regularly. I have several friends that wax their taillights and all the glass once their car is cleaned. All with good results.

KillerTA 06-19-2005 04:44 PM

Why WOULDN'T someone wax the thail lights? :confused: I wax everything that is hard and not porous, except windows.

Cmr0z28 06-19-2005 07:23 PM

You can wax/seal windows too....as long as you use something that won't leave an oily finish.

Maldo 07-12-2005 11:33 PM

I use this stuff click here