Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Best Car Wash Soap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 01:45 AM

Best Car Wash Soap?

I have been trying some. 1st i used armor all. now im on turtle wax zip wax. next i wanna try black magic. what is the best brand you guys experimented with? did anyone try the black magic car wash soap? i like there wheel shine and dash shine.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:34 AM

Re: Best Car Wash Soap?

The soap that I use is NXT Generation Car Wash by Meguires. It works GREAT with alot of foaming action! After washing and drying the car off, follow up with the NXT wax also by Meguires! Good luck & "GO STEELERS"!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:13 AM

mine is the purple bottle, dont remember name off hand... its ok.... but if you are looking to strip the wax use dawn soap, this will pretty much make it perfect for clay baring at the same time and its cheap. Then I usually generously apply some local carnuba wax, a good base coat to keep out the dirt....
Old 12-27-2010, 04:05 PM

I like all of the Meguiars stuff, so that's what I try to use for everything except the interior leather. I just use water with a tiny amount of soap for the interior, as the owners manuals suggest.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:32 PM

I like the Surfcity Garage carwash. Pepboys sells it if you have on in your area. If not they have a web sight with a list of carriers. There wax is pretty good too.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Disciple

i only use Zaino (www.zainostore.com), but it's pretty much mail order only and kinda pricey. if you want something you can pick up at the local parts store, i recommend Mother's or Meguiars car wash and detail products.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:37 AM

the new turtle wax stuff in the blue bottle is awesome.... cheap and awesome!

and as far as zaino goes.... wth they don't ship to HI??? and there supposed HI rep doesn't answer emails..... lamo!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:05 PM

i've been detailing cars for 25 years now and i just discovered 'optimum no rinse'. best wash and shine ever and no hose or waterspots
Old 01-08-2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by 30th97z
The soap that I use is NXT Generation Car Wash by Meguires. It works GREAT with alot of foaming action! After washing and drying the car off, follow up with the NXT wax also by Meguires! Good luck & "GO STEELERS"!
I use the same items on my Z and truck. Good stuff!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:22 AM

I like the black magic stuff.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:44 PM

rainX
Old 03-19-2012, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by foxbat
i've been detailing cars for 25 years now and i just discovered 'optimum no rinse'. best wash and shine ever and no hose or waterspots
Just tried this stuff for the first time on my Winter Rat Subaru, and it does indeed seem to really help with getting the car cleaner

I literally hadn't washed the car in over two years, and Turtle Wax Standard Wash plus 3 capfulls of this and most of the dirt washed right off, and the rest required minimal scrubbing, certainly much less work than I anticipated.

As to water spots, the car is white, so hard to tell there, but if nothing else the ease of washing was worth it alone.

I'll keep everyone posted on 'Water Spotting' when I get to washing the Z (Dark Green) in the next few weeks.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:10 PM

McGuire's gets my vote. It is kind of expensive but it goes a long way.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:31 PM

Well finally got around to washing the Z....

I did find that the "Optimum No rinse" will actually leave water spots.... It did seem to get the car cleaner, but with the Z it's also tougher to tell, as it's got ~20 coats of Zaino, so most dirt falls off anyways. I did find less tiny spots and did not need to go over the car with Bug Cleaner or Scratch X at first.

But the Water Spots appeared during waxing.... Forced me to go back over the roof and rear spoiler with Scratch X and reapply wax there...

All in all I still feel like it does help to get the car cleaner, but be advised it's not no rinse....
Old 08-09-2017, 02:42 AM

Anyone tried Griot’s Garage car wash soap? I was reading car soap review on this site https://theeffectiveguide.com/best-car-wash-soap/ and I almost order this soap. Although, That website is showing top at search result and I guess they have researched about it already. But I want to get some feedback from this forum member. Luckily, I have found this old forum post and now want to verify this product. Is it good soap for car? Or what will be your recommend car wash soap?

Last edited by keomik; 08-14-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Car Wash Soap?