LT1 T-trim with aftercooler

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 04:06 PM

LT1 T-trim with aftercooler

I didn't get a good enough offer back when I had this for sale a couple years ago. I figure I'll try again. I no longer have a 4th gen, so it's gotta go at some point... I'm in no hurry to sell, so if I can't get a good offer, they'll stay on the shelf a little longer.

LT1 Vortech T-trim kit pullied for ~12-14 PSI boost. Includes the brackets, tensioner, 2 belts, head unit, pulleys, hardware, oil lines, FMU (brand new, never used) and fuel lines, all ducting, and bypass valve. Can be set up for speed density, blow-through MAF (best option), or recirculating/bypass.

Aftercooler comes with the standard reservoir and a polished reservoir that replaces the battery (requires relocating battery to the trunk). Also comes with an upgraded heat exchanger. YOu will need new 3/4" coolant lines for the aftercooler because I chopped them up for a custom reservoir that I no longer have. You can pick them up really cheap at home depot or lowes.

SOLD!!!

I only took pics of the major items. There's a lot more than just what's pictured:

Last edited by Roadie; 07-24-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:12 PM

Re: LT1 T-trim with aftercooler

video on car:

[autostream]http://autostream.com/camaroz28/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=2569& transactionid=1330467131-75132237230&posted_by=Roadie_www.camaroz28.com&you tube_video_id=6bnrsDlq9o8[/autostream]
Old 02-28-2012, 08:28 PM

Top notch guy here!

Jered, how goes it bro?

Jon
Old 02-29-2012, 01:05 PM

Subscribing out of interest. I can't play the video yet, will have to wait until later. IYHO what do you think of the noise level compared to an S-Trim? I'm in the market for a nice D1SC kit as a 1st choice but a nice Vortech is a strong 2nd. Approximate miles? Been rebuilt? Any other pullies (I'd only want a max of 10 PSI for current engine)?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Top notch guy here!

Jered, how goes it bro?

Jon
Jon,

Pretty good. It's been a few years since I even posted on here. Glad to see you're still around. How have you been? I do miss the boosted power, but I absolutely love my 2nd gen now. The old pontiac torque is amazing and I can't get enough of driving it. The best part is the engine bay room.

Originally Posted by canbaufo
Subscribing out of interest. I can't play the video yet, will have to wait until later. IYHO what do you think of the noise level compared to an S-Trim? I'm in the market for a nice D1SC kit as a 1st choice but a nice Vortech is a strong 2nd. Approximate miles? Been rebuilt? Any other pullies (I'd only want a max of 10 PSI for current engine)?
I've never had an S trim, so I really can't compare the two. I went from a 76mm turbo to this before I sold the car. I didn't really have any interest in the car as it sat boosted, so I dropped a stock LT1 in it and pulled my engine out when I sold it. The sound is pretty intense, but you only notice it at idle. Once it spins up, it gets pretty quiet. This head unit was rebuilt right before I received it and has less than 10k miles on it (probably closer to 5k). I can't remember who I bought it from off the top of my head, but he was a regular and well respected guy on here.

Unfortunately this is the only pulley set I have for it. It was making 12-14 psi on a 355 with very good flowing ported/polished Trickflow heads and making pretty sick power.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 PM

I'll split the blower kit up from the aftercooler if I can get buyers from both that equal the asking price. Put in your offers for separate and we'll see if we can get buyers for both. The only other thing I'd be interested in trade is a pontiac 400 that's been stroked to 461+cid or a disc brake posi/locker 12 bolt for a 2nd gen.

Last edited by Roadie; 03-01-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:55 PM

Ttt
Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 AM

TTT

$2400 shipped to the lower 48 is my bottom dollar.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:36 PM

Last TTT. It's going back on the shelf for a while. If anyone is interested, even if you see it after this thread is really old, drop me a PM. Unless this thread says it's been sold, I still have it.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:31 AM

I had an S trim and it was quite a bit louder with blower whine than the T trim that I now have, especially when it was pulleyed up a bit.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:13 PM

Question Re: LT1 T-trim with aftercooler

Originally Posted by Kevin Blown 95 TA
I had an S trim and it was quite a bit louder with blower whine than the T trim that I now have, especially when it was pulleyed up a bit.
Since you've used both and have a bit of knowledge on the subject let me pick your brain/opinion please. My engine is only built to handle about 9 - 10 PSI (355 - 9.5:1 and studded 2-bolt mains, "lower-end" forged rotating assembly).

Comparing the S-Trim to the T-Trim on my engine with either pullied to make the same peak PSI, which would perform better overall and have the most flat torque curve?

This argument is often mulled over on P1SC's vs D1SC's and no one can get consistent data as to which makes more torque at low to mid RPM. Everyone agrees that the 1400 cfm D1SC will make more peak HP than the P1SC at the same PSI due to lower charge temps and being better suited for higher boost applications. Some say that the P1SC makes more torque at lower RPM because of it's lower 1200 cfm rating being more efficient for low RPM use. lol others say the P1SC makes less torque at lower RPM because of it's lower 1200 cfm rating.

I figure comparing a P1SC to D1SC for my engine ...knowing I'll never go beyond 10 PSI, either would suffice just fine for peak HP but what about the whole power curve?

This exact same question applies to S-Trim vs T-Trim. What has your experience been, or has it been too much of an apples to oranges comparison from one setup to another?

EDIT: One thing that just occurred to me is that bigger blowers may make more power per PSI across the board due to flowing better which means less parasitic drag and less heat.....
Old 03-21-2012, 01:29 PM

I did find another couple pulleys in my garage while cleaning today that I'll send with it.

The pulley on the blower measures about 2.55 inches. The two I found were 2.75 inches (which is probably the 8-10psi one) and a 3.75" one, that I have no idea what it's for... It's probably made for a bigger crank pulley to use with it.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Roadie
I did find another couple pulleys in my garage while cleaning today that I'll send with it.

The pulley on the blower measures about 2.55 inches. The two I found were 2.75 inches (which is probably the 8-10psi one) and a 3.75" one, that I have no idea what it's for... It's probably made for a bigger crank pulley to use with it.
You're probably about right, do you know the crank pulley size? If it's in the 6.5 - 7.0" range I'd say it would be 9 ish like you're saying. Keep me in mind if you really want to sell it later and could do an even better deal. I have to learn more about the use of T-trims before I can even commit to really wanting it (need to know if it's really suitable for my engine or overkill). My question above has been posted in the Forced Induction forum and I need to do more searches I guess.

Thanks, -C-
Old 03-21-2012, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by canbaufo
You're probably about right, do you know the crank pulley size? If it's in the 6.5 - 7.0" range I'd say it would be 9 ish like you're saying. Keep me in mind if you really want to sell it later and could do an even better deal. I have to learn more about the use of T-trims before I can even commit to really wanting it (need to know if it's really suitable for my engine or overkill). My question above has been posted in the Forced Induction forum and I need to do more searches I guess.

Thanks, -C-
The crank pulley is 6.66" or 6.75". It's hard to tell exactly since my caliper only goes up to 6".
Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Roadie
The crank pulley is 6.66" or 6.75". It's hard to tell exactly since my caliper only goes up to 6".
Close enough, that's encouraging should I decide to make an offer again. Bump for ya.

Quick Reply: LT1 T-trim with aftercooler