CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Pacific (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/pacific-29/)
-   -   River's Edge Road Course (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/pacific-29/rivers-edge-road-course-542002/)

IPISSONFORDS 09-08-2007 01:39 AM

River's Edge Road Course

I was wondering what clubs out there hold track days at River's Edge track. I went to PDC (Performance Drivers Club) track day event but was not too impressed. I was curious what other clubs out there have track days out at mission.

Drumhawk 09-13-2007 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by IPISSONFORDS (Post 4855682)
I was wondering what clubs out there hold track days at River's Edge track. I went to PDC (Performance Drivers Club) track day event but was not too impressed. I was curious what other clubs out there have track days out at mission.

I'm interested too, last year Camarosource had an event on the mission road course but no passing was allowed but I was riding the pace car's a$$ in the 1st group, hit high speeds and lots of hairpin curves made it a great run.

TobyZ28 09-13-2007 04:48 PM

Hey drum, i was couple cars back (black Z, vert), thanks for keeping that pacecar moving ;). It was a total blast too and I would definatly be interrested in another track day.

The roadcourse is very tight, and for a bunch of drivers with all unkown levels of driving skill and most having no training I guess it was understandable not allowing passing :)

From what I recall the SCCA had "loaned" Paul (guy who runs camarosource.ca) and the VPD to do a "Resist the Race" event on the track between events. Unfortunatly a series of unfortunate events caused the track to shut us down early (some vehicles developed fluid leaks causing a few spintouts etc.) and a few bad apples got angry and decided make a show of it.

Although its going to be that much harder now, I think it still would be worth a shot to ask and see if they would do another similar event (maybe invite only?).

Anyways, to answer your question, this link: http://www.missionraceway.com/mrpsched/mrpschedule.htm
Should list all the events at the track along with the organizations renting out the track. I'm only guessing that any other clubs would probably be borrowing time from one of them?

Drumhawk 09-14-2007 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by toby360 (Post 4867002)
Hey drum, i was couple cars back (black Z, vert), thanks for keeping that pacecar moving ;). It was a total blast too and I would definatly be interrested in another track day.

The roadcourse is very tight, and for a bunch of drivers with all unkown levels of driving skill and most having no training I guess it was understandable not allowing passing :)

From what I recall the SCCA had "loaned" Paul (guy who runs camarosource.ca) and the VPD to do a "Resist the Race" event on the track between events. Unfortunatly a series of unfortunate events caused the track to shut us down early (some vehicles developed fluid leaks causing a few spintouts etc.) and a few bad apples got angry and decided make a show of it.

Although its going to be that much harder now, I think it still would be worth a shot to ask and see if they would do another similar event (maybe invite only?).

Anyways, to answer your question, this link: http://www.missionraceway.com/mrpsched/mrpschedule.htm
Should list all the events at the track along with the organizations renting out the track. I'm only guessing that any other clubs would probably be borrowing time from one of them?

Go to the Camarosource web-site as Paul is setting up another road-course track day in the next couple of weeks, I'm in for sure and they need more guys to enter to make this a go.

TobyZ28 09-14-2007 12:21 PM

IPISSONFORDS go to http://camarosource.ca and you can sign up for the event there... It looks like they need 20 or so people to sign up in the next 3 weeks. I think its VERY doable if we just let people know. The cost is $20 ($40 with 20 when you show up). The road coarse was honestly the most fun thing I've ever done in the Z....

IPISSONFORDS 09-14-2007 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by toby360 (Post 4869138)
IPISSONFORDS go to http://camarosource.ca and you can sign up for the event there... It looks like they need 20 or so people to sign up in the next 3 weeks. I think its VERY doable if we just let people know. The cost is $20 ($40 with 20 when you show up). The road coarse was honestly the most fun thing I've ever done in the Z....

I went to the website and it sayed you should be able to get upto 100km/h on the straight. Dude!!! I get upto around 200km/h easy and no helmets whats up with that. I don't know sounds boring to me.

TobyZ28 09-14-2007 11:03 PM

Ive got video of me going over 130/140... its a tiny straightaway right before a hard turn. The way it worked last time was they started us up slow to get people used to the course (and show them the basic line) and before you knew it we were whipping around it at a very good pace, tires squeeling and all :) Likewise if there were people driving like idiots they slow it down for everyone else. After a couple laps I was going WOT on the straights and breaking fairly hard to make turns. Honestly you'd have to go like that before you can appreciate how hard it is to drive these cars safely near their limits (and how much fun it is).

Drumhawk 09-15-2007 05:30 AM

[QUOTE=toby360;4870402]Ive got video of me going over 130/140... its a tiny straightaway right before a hard turn. The way it worked last time was they started us up slow to get people used to the course (and show them the basic line) and before you knew it we were whipping around it at a very good pace, tires squeeling and all :) QUOTE]I got a video of the Mission road-course run too, I had my roof off and my buddy was recording the action, I was pushing the pace-car hard and we hit close 200 on the short straightaway, we cornered hard and would have lapped the field if we ran more than the 7-8 or so laps we did that day. A Player's car that didn't challenge had a spinout way behind us, caught that on video too, as long as the pace-car hauls a$$ the cars behind him should get some fasts runs in, definately more fun and challenging then the quarter-mile run.

IPISSONFORDS 09-15-2007 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=Drumhawk;4870586]

Originally Posted by toby360 (Post 4870402)
Ive got video of me going over 130/140... its a tiny straightaway right before a hard turn. The way it worked last time was they started us up slow to get people used to the course (and show them the basic line) and before you knew it we were whipping around it at a very good pace, tires squeeling and all :) QUOTE]I got a video of the Mission road-course run too, I had my roof off and my buddy was recording the action, I was pushing the pace-car hard and we hit close 200 on the short straightaway, we cornered hard and would have lapped the field if we ran more than the 7-8 or so laps we did that day. A Player's car that didn't challenge had a spinout way behind us, caught that on video too, as long as the pace-car hauls a$$ the cars behind him should get some fasts runs in, definately more fun and challenging then the quarter-mile run.

WELL.... Since Drumhawk is from Port Coquitlam I will keep my eyes on the site when they find out what day they will have it on sat or sun I will go. I have to be the first car behind the pace car though I am use to driving that course fast don't want to be slowed down by nervious noobs.;)