CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Pacific (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/pacific-29/)
-   -   First REAL kill in Duanes 89 Supra (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/pacific-29/first-real-kill-duanes-89-supra-304484/)

Erik 09-26-2004 10:35 PM

First REAL kill in Duanes 89 Supra

We were cruising up 172nd and saw a badass looking yellow 71ish Camaro waiting at the lights on Fraser Highway - skinnies up front, fat tires in the back, which I later saw were ET streets. Hopeing to get a little action we hung a left and slowly cruised Fraser Highway until the road opened up into two lanes. Perfect timing - the Camaro had caught up to us and aggressivly pulled into the new right hand lane. When the Camaro's nose reached the Supras door, the Camaro dropped the hammer, squatted and roared to life. "Wow, that thing's fast', I commented as the Camaro slowly lost about a car length by the time we had doubled the speed limit.

At the next light we managed a quick chat. It turns out the Camaro runs 10.90's at the track all on a nasty sounding 383 mill.

Because the boost controller was off, the Supra only hit 24lbs of boost. At full boost, and with the help of an intercooler spray kit the Supra put down 620 to the wheels and 650 torque on the dyno yesterday. This Friday will be it's first foray to the track in its present incarnation.

talos 09-26-2004 10:43 PM

Re: First REAL kill in Duanes 89 Supra

holy wow, thats a beast. I wonder if thats the yellow camaro ive seen at java hut a bunch of times.... was the front end really really low?

anywho great kill, thats so awesome.

Pandamonkey 09-26-2004 11:11 PM

Must have been fun man............jealous here.......

MikeRock 09-27-2004 02:47 AM

supras are one of the tuner cars i can appreciate.

Muskys SS 09-27-2004 02:45 PM

Was it a Canary Yellow Split bumper camaro? If so I've met the guy before. It does high 11's on the motor and high 10's on the juice I believe.
Can't wait to see Duanes car run!!! When is he going to the track again???

Camaro ChriSS 09-27-2004 03:05 PM

I bet the guy was a tad shocked. :eek:

sleepybu 09-27-2004 06:12 PM

that camaro is all motor and is the one at jh alot ;)

upgradedsupra 09-27-2004 06:33 PM

Thanks guys and Erik for this cool post ;)

I bet he was surprised as well.

I got the rev limit fixed now (thanks to the guys at Force Fed, so I am going to the track this Friday!! Can't wait. I am running street tires to see what I can pull off then I have the slicks as well! Just need to redyno for tuning first.

I got to see what it does in street trim.

Hey Sleepy, he told me a 10.90's on motor and has no bottle or power adders. ;) It is all motor 383 as he told me and Erik.

Duane

1quickgt 09-27-2004 07:17 PM

ahhh duane shes back on the road eh? cant wait to see her in action....great kill btw :D

upgradedsupra 09-28-2004 01:15 AM

well another day and now to redyno.

I didn't save the file properly to my laptop therefore need to re map the car. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soo peed off here now. Maybe I'll turn up the boost a lil more now.

I hope to get it done by Friday as I want to race. The guys at Force Fed are gonna help me out. Awsome guys to deal with :) They have a 10.73 second RX7 ;)

I did however put a new clutch master in today.

Duane

sleepybu 09-28-2004 10:49 PM

Duane, you have a pm :)