CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Pacific (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/pacific-29/)
-   -   buying private in states need help. (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/pacific-29/buying-private-states-need-help-293113/)

talos 08-18-2004 03:34 PM

buying private in states need help.

Ok so this is whats up, I going to be buying a bike from the states, but this is a private sale... so its not ebay or i wouldn't be posting this.

I was talking to the selling about 3rd party holders... and we what to do something like this so we can BOTH be saved from a scam.

ie. I would send the money to the 3rdparty holder, then he would send me the bike, i would have One Week to test it. If I wanted the bike i would just keep it and the 3rd party holder would forward the money to him, done and done... If i felt that the bike was not for me, i would send him the bike back and my money would be returned.

Are there companys out there... is there a better way of doing a sale like this... this isn't something where i can just go across and meet... its pretty far away, san fran i believe.

thx

1quickgt 08-18-2004 03:42 PM

Re: buying private in states need help.

HOLLY **** your still alive welcome back dooshbag! :D

Tw!tchb!tch 08-18-2004 04:24 PM

For what it would cost to ship the bike you might be able to get a deal on a ticket out there ... . than if it looks good cruise it back :bow:

talos 08-18-2004 04:53 PM

Im not paying for shipping.

93formula 08-18-2004 05:45 PM

use a escrow account, thats what they do hold the money till the product gets in. just do a search on escrow or post for escrow accounts in the FS section. is this a motor bike?

talos 08-18-2004 05:55 PM

thx roy ill check that out.

ya motor bike. 2003 CBR PMG-Fi

krazzycowgirl 08-20-2004 09:25 PM

Buying peoples privates are just WRONGGGGGGGG & Sick
:D

talos 08-20-2004 11:49 PM

i said private, not privates but ok. Ya we desided to go with escrow... time to an account

bunker 08-21-2004 01:33 AM

Yep was gonna say Escrow.

talos 08-21-2004 01:37 AM

have u used them matt? no problems? I haven't looked into it to deep, but how much was it to start an account so i can do this?

bunker 08-21-2004 01:51 AM

I don't belive I ever did, I use paypal a lot & have tons of trust in Americans, never trust a Canadian I don't know though :) I think its free to start the account but this is my rundown:

American I never met especially in Texas I use Paypal
Canadian I never met even if he lives in BC I would use Escrow & still worrie

matt

talos 08-21-2004 01:53 AM

ok thx, i just signed up... the account is free, but charge u depending on the value of the thing ur buying....

very cool company, never knew something like this was around.