CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Outside of United States (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/outside-united-states-123/)
-   -   The Official Fastest Canadian Cars thread (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/outside-united-states-123/official-fastest-canadian-cars-thread-882507/)

LETZRIDE 05-31-2015 04:12 PM

The Official Fastest Canadian Cars thread

I'm posting this in a bunch of the Canadian Section of the car forums- A little rivalry and bragging rights thing we're doing just to see who has the fastest Canadian cars and how everyone stacks up. I know no one ever comes in here since the last thread was 2014- but maybe this will wake the section up a bit:

Alright ladies and Gentlemen... Finally, I got the bugs all worked out (I think). And I am ready to open the polls to start the bragging rights.

I am *hoping* this might get stickied so that it doesn't get lost at the end of the race season or during slow periods

We got 5 categories right now (click the category for the link to the times), if there is a need to further break things down, or get more categories for other engines/vehicles/etc going, then we can address that to. Home page that links to all of the records will be located here: Canadian Records Home Page

Here are the common rules that pertain to every single class:
  • Tuning is allowed on all vehicles
  • Drag radials, slicks, or street tires are always OK
  • All suspension mods are ok
  • Rear end swaps / gears are ok
  • No emissions is ok
  • Must always be a full bodied vehicle- no buggies or funny cars or that kinda thing
  • ***All times must be track proven- no accelerometer times***
  • Proof is preferred- it is 100% needed if you are breaking a record. Proof can be a video, or a timeslip with a picture of the track numbers written on your car included- or anything else that is valid. If you post a timeslip, I will copy it and post it in a direct link on my website just FYI. I will be linking to videos as well.
  • must be living in Canada or be Canadian

Ok- now for the classes

Class #1 Fastest Canadian Bolt on only F-body
Rules:
  • Car must be a 4th gen F-body with one of the factory optioned engines installed (LS1, LT1, 3.8, 3.4)
  • The car must be bolt on only and stock internals- i.e (no heads, cam, block, crankshaft, nitrous or Forced induction modifications allowed)
  • Any intake manifold is OK

Class #2 Fastest Canadian F-body Cam only
Rules:
  • The car must be a 4th Generation F-body (1993-2002)
  • The F-body must have the factory optioned engine installed (LS1, LT1, 3.4, 3.8)
  • The vehicle must be stock internals- i.e (no head work other than valve springs and pushrods, no block work, crankshaft, nitrous or forced induction modifications allowed)
  • The vehicle must have a factory optioned intake manifold- LS1’s can swap LS6 intakes as this was an option in 2001-2002 in the F-body from GM

Class #3 Fastest Canadian LS1 Cam only
Rules:
  • The vehicle must be a factory equipped LS1 optioned vehicle and still have the LS1 installed!
  • The vehicle must be stock internals- i.e (no head work other than valve springs and pushrods, no block work, crankshaft, nitrous or forced induction modifications allowed)
  • The vehicle must have a factory optioned intake manifold- LS1’s can swap LS6 intakes as this was an option in 2001-2002 in the F-body from GM

Class #4 Fastest Canadian LS1 Period
Rules:
  • The vehicle must be a factory optioned LS1 and still have the engine installed!
  • Anything goes, no rules- heads, cam, nitrous,forced induction, stroked, it all counts

Class #5 Fastest LS Swapped vehicles
Rules:
  • The vehicle must have an LS swap done to it- any LS motor
  • LS engines have no rules- anything goes- heads, cam, intake, stroked, forced induction, nitrous, all ok

Ok- because I need to keep my sanity when inputting this information, I need everyone to copy the template I am posting below, and fill out all information on it- including which classes you want to be included in because you could apply for multiple.

*****TEMPLATE*****

Records / Classes going for (class 1,2, etc):
Vehicle:
Year:
Engine:
60':
1/8 mile and MPH:
1/4 mile and MPH:
Engine Mods:
Transmission Mods:
Suspension mods:
Race weight (if known):
Proof:

JakeRobb 06-27-2015 10:08 PM

Re: The Official Fastest Canadian Cars thread

This thread deserves a bump.

Hopefully someday this forum makes a comeback! :cz28:

transamtom 06-28-2015 10:14 AM

Mikey your everywhere;)

transamtom 06-28-2015 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb (Post 6978145)
This thread deserves a bump.

Hopefully someday this forum makes a comeback! :cz28:

I think it went down hill after Debler and Frez sold it,everyone moved on.

LS1tech is still thriving after PS John and 9 Ball sold it though so its hard to understand.

Injuneer 06-28-2015 06:38 PM

At this point its an LT1 site, with about five of us answering tech questions from a bunch of very young newbies who managed to scrape together enough money to buy a clapped out 93-97 Z28.

Its depressing, but we won't give up.

JakeRobb 07-05-2015 09:52 AM

I'm doing my best to help the LS1 guys, but my knowledge falls well short of what Fred and shoebox know about LT1 cars.

I think it really started to deteriorate long before Chris and Jason sold the site. Somewhere around when the WHO DAT incident (and several related incidents that followed) led to half the lounge getting banned and the other half leaving with them.

Injuneer 07-06-2015 02:29 PM

Any help is better than none.... :D . The posts I've seen you answer are fine.

I've tried to respond to LS1 problems, 3rd Gen problems, V6 problems, etc, but my knowledge is limited as to the specifics/details of those cars.

Do you really think the people who rampaged through the Lounge and then left were the same people that were answering the tech questions? Most of them had 0 posts, at least when we stopped counting Lounge posts.

I think the people who invested in the 4th Gens have moved on to other vehicles. And I don't see any effort to promote this as a 5th or 6th Gen site.

LETZRIDE 07-08-2015 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by transamtom (Post 6978156)
Mikey your everywhere;)

I wanted a legit list!!

Not many 4th gens I see anymore on the road these days. All the euro crap has taken over. I think the new generation of modders is lazy, they rather buy an already turbo'd beemer and chip it then actually put thought into building a "real" car.

transamtom 07-09-2015 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by LETZRIDE (Post 6978566)
I wanted a legit list!!

Not many 4th gens I see anymore on the road these days. All the euro crap has taken over. I think the new generation of modders is lazy, they rather buy an already turbo'd beemer and chip it then actually put thought into building a "real" car.

Crap some of those little turbo Beemers are quick.

I beat the stock ones with the Camaro but I need the TA to take down the modded ones.